Argument - Virgil x Roman

7:10pm

Just when I thought all hope was gone... that I would never see Bohemian Rhapsody in the cinema again, I remember...I remember the other cinema not too far away

aND THAT BITCH IS PLAYING IT A WHOLE BUNCH OF FUCKING TIMES-

Trigger warning: argument

Au

"Oh my fuck, Roman, just drop it!" Virgil exasperated, stopping on the sidewalk before his house, turning to his best friend who was still going on about the events that happened earlier today in school. During lunch, a bully walked up to Virgil and made fun of him for having a 'faggot for a dad'

He responded with; 'at least I have a dad'

Which was why he had a black eye. But, he deserved it, he was having an off day, but that was no excuse for saying such things to a kid, even if they attacked him first. He told Roman what happened, specifically telling him not to get the principal involved - and what does he do? He gets the principal involved, and Virgil's been in a mood with him ever since, but Roman's been in a bigger mood, because Virgil lied to the head teacher about what happened, and said it was completely his fault, the bully had nothing to do with it, the only reason why Virgil did it was because he knew if the bully was told off one more time, he'd be expelled, and probably beaten by his mother. Virgil didn't want that - besides, the detention was punishment enough for what he said to the boy who probably isn't even homophobic, and just did it because he thought it would be cool.

Virgil couldn't care less, while Roman couldn't care enough.

"Drop it?" He exclaimed, eyes narrowed. "What you did in there was stupid!"

Virgil clicked his tongue, waiting for Roman to explain why. "Not only did you lie, but you gave that dick an opportunity to do it again! Not just to you, but to others as well! He'll think you're a push over and use that against you, Virge!" Roman exploded, his temper getting out of hand. Virgil felt the same increasing amount of agitation. 

"If he was told off again he would've been expelled-!"

"Good! He might learn how to be a decent human somewhere else!" Virgil clenched his jaw, glancing away for a few seconds.

"I deserve getting punished, what I said was unforgivable"

"He's not much of a saint either!"

"I didn't say he was!" As they continued, their voices rose in power and volume, legs moving closer and closer to the other, expressions matching their anger.

"Then why did you stick up for him!?"

"Why not? It's not going to kill anybody!"

"It killed Clem!"

Virgil gasped, eyes blazing. "Don't you fucking dare go there, you can't blame him when there's no proof"

Roman laughed in disbelief, jutting his hip out and resting a hand on it. "No proof? He bullied her relentlessly!"

"Only because she cheated on him! It's wrong of you to even try and use this against him!" Virgil yelled, hands clenched so tightly his nails dug into his palm. Both of their bodies were rigid, if they weren't such good friends they were sure they would be throwing punches right now. Virgil's mood was already quite low this morning, and from this day it had plummeted into the abyss, same for Roman, but this argument definitely wasn't making it better - yet, they both couldn't seem to stop.

"Wrong of me?" Roman echoed, crossing his arms. "Why are you sticking up for him so much? What happened to the days we'd both curse him to hell because of the way he treated us? What happened to the day you punched a tree out of anger because he outed me to the school? Are you two friends now? Would you rather hang out with him instead?" Roman accused.

Virgil stared at him as if he were crazy, "what the fuck, Roman? I fucking hate him! What I did is called human decency, something you obviously lack!"

They carried on going back and forth until their chest were nearly touching, both the same height. Their voices had alerted Virgil's dad who opened the front door and gasped when he saw his son arguing with his best friend - someone he's been friends with since they were in kindergarten.

"Why do you care so much!?" Virgil cut him off. Roman groaned out dramatically, "maybe because I'm jealous?" He blurted, the filter between his brain and mouth had malfunctioned somewhere during this argument.

"Why?" Virgil pressed, voice icily demanding. Virgil's dad wanted to step in but he didn't know what to say or do without making it worse.

"Because the idea of you becoming friends with him makes my blood boil!"

"Oh, so I can't become friends with anyone now? Jesus, Ro, you're like a controlling boyfriend!" He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

Roman's face was beat red, "I don't care who you become friends with" He seethed, Virgil cutting in before he could finish. "Really?" He replied sarcastically, "are you telling me I can't get a boyfriend, then?"

He paused, "Yes"

"Oh, that's rich!" He yelled, "you have a new butt-buddy nearly every week! But if I show interest in someone I'm in the wrong?"

"No, Virgil" Roman's voice bad quietened down considerably, but Virgil didn't notice, not in his moment of unrelenting fury. "Then what is it, Roman? Why can you screw around with everyone?"

"Because I like someone" he muttered, crossing his arms, tilting his head down and to the side. Virgil's dad, Patton, noticed, and he wanted to tell Virgil to stop, but his son wasn't stopping for anything.

"Who? Who the fuck do you like, huh? Because I'm sure whoever the fuck it is would date you in a heart beat!"

Roman met Virgil's gaze, without thinking he gently placed his hands on his neck to tug him forward, pressing their lips together in a passionately angry kiss. Virgil clenched his eyes shut, gripping the hair at the nape of his neck tightly, holding him close as their tongues battled against the others. Patton's eyes widened, and he slowly ventured back inside his house, it was time for him to leave, he had seen everything.

When the two broke apart, panting for air, Roman's hands cupped his jaw, pressing their foreheads together. "You'd date me in a heart beat, huh?" He whispered breathlessly with a cocky, lip-parted grin. Virgil rolled his eyes, not admitting to himself his cheeks were red. "Shut it, moron"

"I love you, Virgil, I have for so long.."

Virgil met his gaze, shyly this time, the anger he felt before dissipating into nothingness.

"I love you, too, Princey.."

They shared another kiss, and another, the world around them that was once filled with furious yells, now filled with loving, melodic laughter.

7:45pm