Code words 4 - Patton & Roman & Logan & Virgil & Remy & Deceit

8:53pm

Someone gave me an idea for a part four I'm so sorry-

Look at that fucking title Jesus Christ-

Au

Patton slowly eased his way across the front parking lot of the school, his old body not what it used to be. He smiled a crinkly smile when he spotted his two grandchildren playing by the school doors, reminiscent of Remy and Deceit when he used to pick them up. Crazy to think one of those kids is Deceit's child.

When he came into their vision, both children yelled out happily and hugged his waist tightly. "Hey, Grandad!" They both cheered, Patton chuckled and ruffled their hair. "Hey, kiddos, your parents asked me to pick you up today!" He said with as much enthusiasm as he could manage. The two children - Thomas and Kayla - both took a step back, sending each other soft grins.

"Code word?"

Patton's heart warmed. "Cookies"

They both cheered and grabbed onto Patton's hands, slowing down their pace as to not rush him. They talked about their day on the way home, never once straying away, or letting go of Patton's hand. The only time they did was to pet a dog, but Patton joined in, too, even if he needed help to stand back up again when he kneeled down.

"When is dad coming over?" Thomas questioned when they made it to Patton's home, both of them taking of their shoes and placing them on the rack.

"They're all coming down today" Patton replied with a smile, walking across the hallway and into the kitchen. Kayla gasped and jumped around happily, "Really!?" She giggled excitedly, "even uncle Roman and uncle Logan!?"

"Yep, even them"

This made the children ecstatic, buzzing with more energy than before, if that was even possible. Patton just listened to them with a fond smile, pulling out pots and pans and food in preparation for the meal he was going to cook for them all. He was sure the others would try and help, but he didn't want to burden them too much when they could be spending time with their family.

An hour passed before someone arrived, it was Virgil and his husband. "Dad! Dad!" Kayla called when they walked in through the living room, hugging each of them happily. "We used the code word! Like you said!" Virgil smiled and bent down to ruffle her long hair. "Here, just like I promised" he pulled a chocolate bar from his pocket and Kayla grabbed it with a giggle, Thomas watched and whined out that that was unfair, but all Virgil did in response was shrug and say; "I'm not your dad".

Virgil's husband chuckled lightly and threw a chocolate bar over to Thomas who yelled out in excitement and thanked him cheerily.

"Push over" Virgil teased, smiling into their kiss.

Next to walk through the front door was Deceit and his own husband, Thomas - like Kayla - rushed over and hugged his parents, telling them about the code word, too. Deceit scooped up his son and smiled at him adoringly, "I'm sure Patton would kidnap you, anyway" he mused, glancing at his husband who poked his rib cage.

"Don't scare him" he murmured, motioning to the confusion warping Thomas's features. Deceit rolled his eyes, set Thomas down and let him play with Kayla again. "Where is that oldie" Deceit commented, sitting beside Virgil who swung his legs over his brother's lap, head resting on his husbands chest. "Cooking, probably, you know how he's like"

In that moment, Patton walked through and smiled at his kids. "Hush, little diamond, you still can't cook" Deceit snorted, glancing at his brother who flushed lightly. "He sure did roast you, huh?" Deceit commented with a smirk, "I wouldn't reply, you might burn him"

He groaned when Virgil kicked his stomach, "Hey, hey, calm down you two" Patton told them off pointedly. But, he was soon grinning again, hugging both of them dearly.

The house soon filled up with the others, Roman and Logan took a little extra time due to living so far away, but Remy was able to keep the kids entertained with his unrelenting curses and quips towards the others who still comment on the fact he's single and hasn't had a child yet. When Roman and Logan arrived, the house was full, the adults sat on the couch and talked while the kids played board games on the table.

Every once in awhile one of the adults would visit Patton in the kitchen, but each time they were sent away, because he was fine on his own, and he doesn't want any backseat-cooking. Like always, the meal was glorious, and everyone scoffed down every last bite. Juno, Apollo and Vesta - Roman and his wife's kids - were first to leave to return to the playroom, Aurelius and Lucia - Logan and his husbands children - followed suit, which made Thomas and Kayla leave, too.

After the meal, Patton was quite tired, and retired to his room for a bit where he took a long nap. He didn't mean to sleep for so long, because when it was time for everyone to leave, he was still in his room.

"I'll get him!" The youngest, Lucia, called and stumbled her way up the staircase, reaching on her toes to grab the doorknob. She managed to get into his room and pounce on his bed, shaking his shoulder lightly. "Grandad!" She called, tilting her head. "Grandad!" She called louder his time, but he wouldn't awaken. With a frown, she waddled back down the staircase.

"Grandad won't get up!"

That single sentence made all the adults life drain from their body. Virgil was first up, rolling Patton onto his back and shaking his shoulders lightly. Soon, everyone filtered in, Logan finally checked his pulse and...he was gone. Just like that.

That's when the tears started. The children finally understood, they all fell to the ground and sobbed, the parents tried to keep their composure, but in the end they succumbed too, leaving their husbands and wife to try and help as best as they could.

For the brothers, it was probably the worst few weeks of their lives, Patton was the only parent they all had, and they lost him so suddenly, it didn't feel real.

After his funeral, no one sold the house, in fact Virgil and his small family moved in, all the siblings agreed that would probably be best.

An entire month passed before Virgil could manage going to Patton's gravestone, and when he arrived there, he saw a small, folded over piece of paper sitting on the stone.

He bent down, picked it up, and read the single word sprawled across it.

Cookies.

Peniscalada

9:40pm