Murderous creature - Patton x Virgil & Roman x Logan

12:14pm

Give me a ship I haven't done in awhile

Au

"I hope your new living space is adequate" Logan spoke to Roman as they all sat down in the cafe's booth, plucking up the menus from the wooden older at the end of the table. Virgil and Patton sat opposite, discreetly hugging hands under the table as they shared a menu, sometimes sending soft smiles at the other.

"It's absolutely perfect!" Roman replied with a grin, quickly dropping the menu to discuss his life. "It's so spacious! And I have a walk-in-closet! My clothes were begging for such luxury!" He gushed, practically bouncing on his chair from his excitement. Patton looked up, giggling quietly at his best friend.

"I am glad you like it - you seemed to want to move in there as soon as possible" Logan picked up on, unable to hide a small smile as Roman pressed up to his side, giving his boyfriend a short yet passionate kiss. "Well, I know you like big houses" Roman murmured against his skin, going in for a second kiss as the other two watched on. Patton only sighed out contently while Virgil fake gagged.

"You did it for me?" Logan's voice was gentle as he looked up at him adorably, making Roman feel bad that he wasn't the entire reason why he moved. Wrapping one arm around his waist, Roman couldn't help but peck his lips again before returning to the menu with a gentle smile.

"Of course, Gumdrop" he replied back, "and for...another reason" he mumbled, quickly clearing his throat afterwards. Virgil rose an eyebrow, resting both arms on the mahogany table, holding his head up with his sleeve covered hand. "Oh? And what else? Did you see a ghost?" He joked, his laughter dying down when he saw the grim expression Roman wore. He sat up, shocked.

"You didn't..."

Roman sighed, scratching his neck nervously. "No, it was...worse" he frowned, glancing out the window for a few seconds. Logan tilted his head, concerned at the secret Roman had kept from them all. "Worse? Did someone threaten you?" He questioned quickly, feeling his protective side shining through. But, Roman instantly dismissed the idea, his arm still securely wrapped around his waist.

"I guess I...should tell you" he bit his lip for a moment, keeping his eyes glued downwards as he began his story. "It all started two weeks ago, the day after I first moved in. I kept hearing noises, some cupboards were left open, I thought it was the wind, or...I didn't know what I thought" Roman explained lowly, not wanting anyone to listen in on the conversation. He could tell the others were invested, as they didn't ask questions that would interrupt his flow.

"I tried to ignore it, I didn't want to move back to my parents house - it was too far away" he sent a small smile at Logan who raised his free arm to rub Roman's reassuringly. "So...I let it be, until I felt like I was being watched" his story paused as the waiter came over, the others tried not to look like they were rushing, but they really wanted to know what had happened.

"What else, Kiddo?" Patton prompted him back up. "I...looked for other houses online after a week, and I found one the house I live in now" he explained quickly, shuffling a little closer to Logan's comforting body and touch. "It stopped, for that night, I thought it had stopped forever but...a few days before I moved into my new house I woke up in the night and..." he drifted, clearing his throat a little.

He didn't speak for a few moments, resting his elbow on the table to hold his head up, leaning into the assuring touches Logan gave off. "It was there" he murmured, dropping his hands onto his lap to fumble with his sleeves.

"It...?" Virgil pushed, sitting further on his seat.

"A monster, a creature, a thing!" He exclaimed, throwing his arms up a little. "I don't know" he added, but his voice dropped in volume considerably. "It's head almost hit the roof, it had arms longer than my legs, you could see all of it's bones through it's...it's decaying skin" Roman sagged, holding his head in his hands as he breathed in and out, long and deep.

The others didn't really know what to say, Logan didn't believe in anything like that, but he didn't want to discourage what his boyfriend saw - or thought he saw? Could it have been a dream? A nightmare? Someone playing a prank on him? He tried to come up with explanations in his mind, as monsters don't exist. Like what he described, at least.

"So...what did you do?" Patton asked in a gentle voice, showing he wouldn't mind if Roman didn't reply. Said man sat up again, moving his arm back around Logan's waist. "I...wanted to run, but what kind of a Prince would I be?"

"You're not actually a pri-"

"Shut up, Virgil - anyway" he sat up, "I picked up my sword from under my bed, and fought long, and hard with the creature that dared to try and attack me!" Logan leaned back, raising on eyebrow in disbelief. "I cannot tell if you are still being serious..." he murmured, catching the smirk Roman sent him.

"I am being completely serious! But, I held the sword to it and it ran, letting out a...really...loud, horrific scream" Roman went back to being a little timid, "I checked the house, turning on every single light I could, and didn't go back to sleep..." he shrugged, smiling at the waiter as he came over with food.

After they all began to eat, they stayed in silence, expecting Roman to carry on, but he didn't. "Well?" Virgil urged, putting down his fork. "Well...what?" He replied, biting into his burger.

"What happened next?" Virgil finished, Patton quickly taking over.

"Did you set up your house with booby traps!? Did you call an exorcist?! Find out what the creature could be?! Did it return, only for you to fight to to the death!?" Patton ranted, bouncing in his seat in anticipation as he waited for a reply. Roman furrowed his eyebrows, slowly swallowing the food in his mouth.

"...I moved"

Patton slumped a bit, the others falling to silence too. Roman snorted, raising his eyebrow at his friends. "What? This isn't a horror movie!"

"Of course it isn't - it's just...it's you, we were hoping for more of a..dramatic ending" Logan explained, the other two nodding along. Roman shrugged a little, eating more of his food. "I'm not always dramatic! The morning I moved into my new house, I found out the creature was my next door neighbour! He didn't like me, so he scared me away" Roman explained, completely bringing his scary story down to a bad neighbour mishap.

"Wow, dude, ruin the spooky atmosphere" Virgil muttered, rolling his eyes.

"Well, I am sorry I didn't lie!" Roman huffed, only smiling again when he felt Logan press a soft kiss to his cheek.

"Do not be sorry, just because your story didn't end with you dying, does not mean it is a bad one"

"Would've made it better" Virgil mumbled under his breath.

"Virgil!"

*clicks fingers*

1:03am