Their adventure - Patton x Deceit

8:54pm

⚠️🛑 I'm not accepting any requests 🛑⚠️

Au

"At least it's a nice day!" Patton tried to make light of the situation they were in. Beside him, Deceit rolled his eyes, scoffing under his breath. Why he ever agreed to teaming up with Patton will forever escape him; he could have easily worked with literally anyone else in his class, but no, he chose Patton - and what happened because of that? They were lost.

Miles away from civilisation, walking along the boarder of a wooded area, with nothing but trees and rows and rows of fields and tall grass. How had they even gotten this lost? One wrong turn in the woods and you were a goner! Patton said he knew where they were going, he said they didn't need a map, he had been here plenty of times.

Deceit was to blame, too, as he listened to Patton, and didn't get a map, even though he knew they would run into trouble if they didn't. He was sure Patton had been here before - but still, not enough times to memorise the whole place. Running a hand through his hair frustratedly, he looked at the sun that created a layer of an orange glow across the land as it slowly began to set over the horizon. Soon, they'd be left in the darkness, vulnerable to the elements.

At least the trees could be some sort of shelter, but what could be in the woods? What if they come across a ferocious beast!? Deceit needed to stop worrying so much, besides if that were to happen, he could push Patton to the ground and run, leaving him behind. Did that make him cruel? This was Patton's fault, after all.

"Don't look so worried" Patton spoke gently, bumping shoulders with Deceit who stopped staring at the ground with a forlorn expression - one he didn't even realise he was wearing. "We'll find home" he reassured, sending him a grin that made all the hate Deceit felt for him dissipate. They passed by streams, cut through the woods to only find themselves more lost, walked up and down hill after hill, all the while Patton kept up both of their moral with either words of reassurance, jokes, or cute stories he recalled from recent or past.

"And that's how I met my friend Roman!" Patton concluded, listing out the different way he had met his three friends. Before then was Logan and Virgil - Deceit knew all those students, but he wasn't friends with them - just shared the same few classes. Admittedly the one yellow-eyed boy didn't really have any friends. He could say he had a few online, but no one in school wanted to become close with the boy known for his lies. From kindergarten he was known as a freak, not only for his heterochromia, but because he had no parents - he was an orphan.

Still is to this day, he didn't see the problem, he didn't need a family - he didn't need anyone.

"What a lovely story" Deceit drawled, obviously bored out of his mind. Patton giggled and shrugged lightly, skipping along the grass as they slowly headed up the side of a hill. It wasn't so steep, but still Deceit's legs ached for how much they had walked for however many hours they had - and, the sun had completely set, leaving them with nothing but the moonlight that was slowly being covered by clouds.

"A train!" Patton suddenly gasped, grabbing Deceit's hand and tugging him the rest of the way up the hill. For some reason, Deceit felt tingles shoot us his arm, and he didn't entirely know what it was, why it occurred, or what it meant. "C'mon!" Patton called, running beside the train that was slowly picking up pace. The whole feel of it made Deceit slightly excited - getting on a moving train in the night to who knows where? Quite the little adventure they found themselves in.

Patton climbed up the ladder and jumped into the open cart, helping Deceit who climbed in after him. The two huffed and puffed as they flopped down on a mat, leaning against the other side of the carriage, staring at the passing scenery through the open wall. The moon flickered behind the trees, half covered up by dark clouds, the other desperately trying to keep in view.