Code words 2 - Patton & Roman & Logan & Virgil & Remy & Deceit

11:14pm

I'm in love with the idea of Patton being their dad

Au

Remy cursed under their breath, hand catching on a jagged piece of metal. They lapped at the wound gently before the blood could trail down their arm, hating this night more and more. Ever since they lied to their dad they've felt an overwhelming sense of guilt swarm their stomach, which adds to the list of things that have ruined their day.

Currently, their dad thinks they're sleeping over a friends house, but in reality they are with a group of people they call their 'friends' trespassing on private property. It was abandoned, they'd give them that, not like the teens could cause any problems, but still it was highly dangerous, and Remy didn't feel so comfortable about doing it anymore. Still, they knew their friends wouldn't let them go without a plausible excuse, and they hated using the code system, for a reason they didn't understand. They didn't know if they didn't like it because it made them feel like a child, or because they have a hard time remembering the codes, which makes them feel like an idiot, because even Virgil remembers them all, and he's nine!

The biggest reason they didn't want to use the code system right now, though, was because Patton would found out they lied, and they'd be grounded, probably have their phone taken away - and they've never been grounded before, the mere idea of disappointing Patton left them feeling uneasy, and they felt like they physically couldn't bring out their phone to call him, anyway, so with a heavy heart, and shaking hands, they ventured through the small gab between the rusted doors and caught up pretty quickly with their friends who called their name.

They contemplated ringing up Roman, but right now the boys probably in one of the many college parties he talks about, and Remy didn't want to disturb him - besides, they were sure Roman would end up telling dad, anyway. The thought of calling Logan definitely didn't cross their mind, because they were sure to be reprimanded worse by him than their dad.

Deep in thought, Remy followed behind their friends without really caring about their surroundings, or where they were going, only when they heard a loud crack and a scream did they look up but it was too late - the ground under their feet collapsed, and Remy let out a scream of their own as they fell from the second floor back down to the first, landing in a pile of rubble, unmoving.

Hours passed before Remy gained consciousness. They blinked tiredly, letting out a moan of pain, their entire body achingly numbly. Slowly sitting up, they noticed a few splotches of blood across the bricks they had fallen on, and it only took a few more moments to realise their friends had ditched them. They could've died! The bastards. Remy stood up on shaky legs, while walking towards the exit, they patted their pockets, pulling their phone, relieved when it looked to be intact. No cracks.

They only managed to get a little ways down the street before they were collapsing onto a bench, in too much pain to do anything more. Pulling out their phone, they called the one person they knew would keep this all from Patton. Their twin. Deceit.

"Hello, little liar" Deceit teased upon answering the phone, chuckling lightly afterwards. Remy scoffed and rolled their eyes, of course Deceit would know they lied, that boy could see through anything.

"Shut it, bitch, where are you?"

"At home" he replied, "where I should be" he mused, and Remy could imagine the smug smirk on his face, which made Remy curse him to high hell. They groaned, "I need you to come pick me up" they managed, hissing when they leaned too far onto their left hip.