Fear - Roman x Virgil

11:03pm

Trigger warning: panic attack

Guess what you fucks I barely know how to write a panic attack so hERE WE GOOOOOOOO!

Roman gripped at the edges of his desk, clenching his eyes shut so he could solely focus on his breathing that was slowly becoming considerably hard to control as the minutes went by.

Roman was in a current state of 'creativity block' - he couldn't think of anything for Thomas to do in his videos and it was so severe it has come to a point where four months as gone by and Thomas hadn't uploaded a single video - usually if he does this it's because he's spending so much time on a certain video, but he wasn't working on anything! Because Roman couldn't cooperate.

The other sides have been patient at the best of times, bless them, but they were all becoming more worried over Roman and Thomas's situation; they needed to post something, anything, Thomas couldn't keep lying to his fans anymore about why he hadn't posted in so long.

The more he thought about it; the more his breathing became ragged. He pressed a hand to his chest when it felt like it was constricting, swallowing thickly to try and make his throat unclog, but it didn't help, he swallowed everything he could, leaving his mouth dry, gasping for air.

His stomach clenched painfully so, and he cried out, pushing away from the desk and falling into the centre of his room. He tried to stay grounded, gripping onto everything he could, eyes violently searching through the room and picking things out, but it morphed into a mess of colours, and his hands felt fuzzy against the bed frame he held onto.

His vision went dark around the edges which made him panic further, his body moving on it's own as he gripped his forearms and crossed them over his chest tightly, feeling like he couldn't breathe, he tried to gulp in oxygen, over and over, but his lungs burned for more - thoughts streaked through his mind, one after the other, chasing, running, making him spiral further and further into the dark depth surrounding him.

Then, one thought lingered for a moment too long, and that was the one he focused on.

'He couldn't breathe, he was going to die'

All he could hear was jagged, sharp intakes of breath and his heartbeat pumping rapidly in his ears. He couldn't feel anything, not even the floor underneath him, especially not the hands that just landed on his shoulders and shook him gently.

His blurred vision searched the sudden blackness in front of him, but it wasn't just black, there was purple there, too. Roman didn't know what to think of it in his state.

"Ro!"

What was that? He thought, whatever it was sounded like a voice, a loud voice calling him, but to his ears it was like he was underwater and they were above.

The blackness moved from in front to the side of him, Roman could almost feel himself leaning to the side, that or the world was falling. "Ro, listen to me, follow my voice, I'm right here" the voice was clearer now, right beside his ear, Roman strained, able to feel breath hit against his neck and the corner of his jawline.

He then felt something moving up and down his arm on the other side of him. It was a repetitive motion. He homed in on it as much as he could. It was soothing.

"There, there you are" the voice whispered again, Roman couldn't tell who it belonged to. "I'm here, Ro, hold out your hand, yeah, like that, you got it" Roman listened to the voices instruction, holding up his hand for the voice's own hand to hold it tightly and securely.

"Now, follow my lead, breath in, long and deep, come on, you can do it, I'm right here" the voice constantly reassured, and Roman blocked out everything else to concentrate on the voice and his breathing, following as it drew in, held, and let out. It was a tiring action, one Roman had to repeat over and over, so much so he felt like he would never escape, but then the voice stopped, and spoke again.

"There, you have it, breathe, you've got it"

Roman realised he could breathe on his own now, his vision came back too, and the room didn't seem so dark anymore. It took awhile for all his senses to return, but when they did he felt someone holding his hand, the same someone rubbing his arm, and him leaning against their chest. Roman knew who it was now.

"Virgil..." he whispered, exhausted from what just happened. "Hey, Ro, Christ, you had me worried" he murmured, pressing the lower half of his face into Roman's hair. The side chuckled lightly, closing his eyes sighing out.

"I am sorry, Virge, I..I don't know what came over me"

Virgil shrugged and helped the side to his feet. "Eh, it's fine...c'mon, you're tried" Virgil basically carried Roman to his grand, stupidly large bed where he laid him down and drew the covers to his chin. "Rest, you moron"

Roman managed a chuckle before he was out like a light. Virgil sighed, sat on the other side of the bed and brought out his phone.

Might as well be there for him when he woke up.

11:23pm