A bike - Patton & Roman & Logan & Virgil

11:44pm

Who am I?

Au

Patton rose from the debris covered ground, turning around to his alien companions who were sent on the same mission he was. They were currently on planet Earth, the one that was abandoned many, many years ago. Nearly all buildings had collapsed, villages weren't recognisable from the overgrowth and the vegetation that covered the land, big cities such as New York were the only places on Earth that proved there was intelligent life once - now it us run by animals. Animals that are thriving.

Of course, wild animals, as all domesticated animals eventually died out. It was unfortunate, but Patton didn't have time to think about that right now.

He walked by a rusted car to the aliens the human became friends with once they created space craft. They would rather have peace than war. Humans have had their fair share of war, they don't need anymore. Especially with a species they didn't know anything about.

"Patton, I do not think we will find anything here" Iekkusk - or, Logan, as Patton named him - spoke as soon as the human came into hearing range. He was quite intelligent, and even if English - one of the few human languages to survive - was completely and utterly stupid and way too complex, he was able to learn most of it. Of course, he struggled sometimes, but no one judged him - even the humans had issues.

"Yeah..." the human drifted, glancing around the planet he grew up on. When he was twelve years old, humans had finally mastered cryogenic sleep, which freezes your body in a capsule to preserve it for the future. Yet, at the time no human was willing to test it, so Patton's father - someone who was devoted to this - roped his son into it. Patton didn't want it at the time, so he forced the child in, and kept his frozen body in a high security room.

Cut to around two hundred years later - someone finds the room and unfreezes the twelve year old boy. He miraculously awakens but not in the world he was born into. Everyone he knew, loved, cared for was gone - he was alone.

As he grew up, he watched more and more people travel to 'New Earth' a planet much more better than the one they currently resided on, and eventually all human life was evacuated.

Now, he was back, coincidentally in the city he lived in when he was a kid.

"You okay, Pat?" Virgil asked - all the aliens he was with were of that the same species. They had some familiar features with humans, but Patton looked over that, he found this species to be rather beautiful. Smiling, the human nodded to reassure his alien friend - he knew the basics of human gestures, but he glanced at his friend Logan for conformation that he was indeed okay. After receiving a quiet yes, he let out a small sigh of relief. He really cared about this human - they all did.

Roman, the third alien that accompanied them on the trip, came out of the garage he was looking around in, his hands clasping onto two handles as he pulled along side him a bike.

The sight made Patton gasp and sprint over, taking the mode of transportation from his friend to gaze in wonderment. "What's that?" Virgil piped up, nudging Logan's dark blue arm. The alien looked up from the holographic notepad in his four fingered hand, complete pure white eyes scanning the object over.

"I...do not know" he replied with a frown, watching as their human placed his hand on what seemed to be the wheel attached, a frown latching to his own lips as he pushed it down, fiddling around with it for a moment.

"They're flat" he observed, quickly pushing the bike up the driveway to the flat ground, turning it upside down so he had a better advantage point to the flat wheels as he scavenged around the garage to find a pump. His three alien friends watched on, all quite curious to see what their knowledgable human friend was doing.

Eventually, they heard a faint 'aha!' From inside the garage before Patton rushed out, holding an object they were also unfamiliar with. It seemed to have a thin pipe connected to a peddle of sorts. They watched as Patton pushed the end of the pipe into the wheel, his foot pushing down on the 'peddle'. Their ears detected the noise of air, and they quickly realised Patton was pushing air into the wheels.

Roman skipped over, poking the black wheel lightly, then poking the other one. "Ah! I understand!" He giddily commented, he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box - a phrase he learned from another one of his human friends - so, whenever he was able to know what was going on, it always made him feel elated.

Patton shot his friend a grin, watching his fiery red hair dance around to show off his excitement. Once he fixed both wheels, he put the pump to the side, and with Virgil's help he pulled the bike back the right way around, dusting off the seat before he swung his leg over, shifting a little to become comfortable.

"Are you sure this is safe?" Logan questioned, gazing through the two pieces of magnified glass before his eyes. "Well, I haven't rode a bike in two hundred and twenty three years, but I think I'll get the hang of it" he winked, watching as Logan's hair colour changed with worry.

Sending him a smile, he gripped the handles tightly, rolling himself forward to check of the breaks work. One did, so that was something. Putting both feet on the peddles, he let the bike glide down the driveway, letting out light noises of joy as he spun the peddles around with his feet, picking up speed as he rode down the road, dodging past pieces of rubble.

"People were right!" He laughed, "you really don't forget how to ride a bike!"

His friends watched as he rode up and down the street, seemingly having the time on his life on something that wasn't more than a human powered vehicle. It wasn't very efficient compared to what they had now - but the aliens learned that what he was doing now joined in with 'fun' and that was something humans always desired, so without any judgement the aliens sat down on the cracked pavement while watching their friend act like a human child.

Maybe alien children would like a bike, too...

Am I currently obsessed with the idea of aliens? I thINK I FUCKING AM

12:26am