I need a ride - Roman x Logan

9:56pm

Nibble

Au

Logan stared down at his phone in dismay, reading over the text he had received earlier from his mother over and over. Unfortunately, she sent it during midday - Logan rarely checks his phone before the end of the day, so he had stood outside of the school building for a complete ten minutes, waiting for his mom, when if he had just glanced at his phone, he would've seen she couldn't pick him up today.

He knew he had missed the bus by now, and the next one - which was a public one - arrived in the next hour. Logan didn't feel it in him to wait for another hour in a bus shelter while the clouds darkened with the chance of rain. Dragging a hand through his hair, his eyes scanned across the parking lot, landing on a motorbike that seemed to have reserved that spot.

He knew the driver, and his heart fell even more when he realised it was either get a ride home on that death trap, wait an hour for the bus, or walk for two hours - probably in the rain. He contemplated his options, weighing out the pros and cons before he cut his thoughts short stubbornly and marched over to the motorbike, waiting impatiently for his old friend.

Not two minutes later the school doors open and Roman sauntered out with his entourage of popular friends who all instantly spotted Logan, pointed, said something Logan couldn't make out, and laughed. Roman did chuckle, but nothing more than that, too curious as to why Logan was stood next to his bike. By the time he reached it, his friends had split off to their own vehicles, hooting and hollering as they drove by.

"Greetings, nerd" the cocky boy smirked, scooping up his helmet. "What's wrong? Need some help with homework?" He asked jokingly, laughing at his own joke Logan found rather stupid. Rolling his eyes, he straightened his tie and motioned to the motorbike. "I need a ride" he explained, watching Roman's eyes widen into saucers before he began to laugh. Logan knew that would happen, so he let Roman have his fun, all the while watching the time tick by. Maybe catching the bus would have been faster.

"You need a ride?" He managed through gasps, clearing his throat with a low cough. "On my quote on quote, "death vehicle"? I thought you vowed to never go on this, Calculator Watch?" Roman mused, leaning his butt on the bike, crossing his arms across his helmet that rested on his thighs. Again, Logan sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose for a few moments.

"Please, Roman? My mother cannot pick me up and I do not desire to walk such a long distance" Logan watched Roman think about it for a moment, before his helmet was thrusted in his direction. "Hop on, Auto Correct" he grinned, swinging his leg over the bike, revving the engine. It made Logan hesitate as he sat behind Roman, clicking the helmet into place.

"It baffles me you would choose a bike over a car. It is very less efficient compared-"

"Holding on?" Roman questioned, waiting until Logan slithered his arms around his waist awkwardly. "Like I was saying, it is much less efficie-AHH-!" He screeched as the bike took off unexpectedly, his arms tightening their hold on the teenager who laughed heartily, leaning forward slightly so Logan could lean more comfortably against his back, yelling babbles, pleading him to slow down, because he was terrified. He hated motorbikes, an suddenly regretted not waiting an hour for the bus.

Eventually, Roman listened to his pleas, slowing it down to a cruise-type speed. Logan relaxed considerably, but he still cling to Roman like a koala bear in a tree, barely making out coherent sentences, but Roman could get the gist; do not go fast again. So, at a slower pace than he would usually use, he drove Logan across town and through the road secluded by nature - Logan lived quite far away from town, which was why it was essential he was given a lift to and from school each day. He had yet found the time to gain his drivers license, but knows it would be a great help once he does.