Gay child - Roman x Kathi & Virgil

10:59pm

Woah Roman's in a...a...heterosexual relationship!?!? THE HORROR!

Kidding - get over it, dweebs, I need it for the story

If it makes you feel any better - he's bisexual

Trigger warning: mentions of homophobia

Au

"But what if he ends up gay though" Minerva commented, sipping from her wine while gazing at her pregnant sister. Kathi sighed, placing a soft hand on top of her protruding baby bump. "I don't know, Minnie, I don't want to think about that right now..." Minerva sighed and rolled her eyes, leaning forward in her chair to be closer to her sister.

"You'll have to as soon as he's born. He could be straight, but that's one sexuality compared to many others. What are the odds of that nowadays!? You might even have a daughter years later!" Kathi sighed again, trailing her eyes down to the ground. Minerva reacher forward to hold her hand, squeezing it so she would meet her gaze.

"I just want him to know we love him. No matter who he is attracted to. Otherwise he could get hurt and...that's the last thing I want to happen to my nephew"

Kathi nodded, understanding the level of protectiveness Minerva held for her family. "I know, I know, I promise"

Minerva nodded, sipping from her wine again. "Still can't believe you married a homophobic man" Kathi groaned, slumping in her chair. "Roman's sweet-"

"If he kicks your child onto the street for liking men, his sweetness will run down the drain"

Kathi rubbed her stomach, huffing through her nose and closing her eyes. Roman had never been outright homophobic in her presence - it was his parents that made everyone think Roman was a homophobe. He grew up in a very strict household, they weren't exactly Christian, but they sometimes went to church, in fact religion was the last thing they ever wanted to preach about - yet they still thought the idea of gays was disgusting.

Either way, Kathi knew if Roman treats their child like his parents did to him, Minerva would take them away in a heartbeat.

Cut to fifteen years later, that same conversation was still on Kathi's mind. She couldn't remember everything exactly, but she still wondered about her sons sexuality, and what Roman's response to it would be. She couldn't imagine Roman ever hating their son for something he couldn't control - but would Roman understand he couldn't control it? Through the past fifteen years, Roman had acted completely different from his own dad, much to Minerva's (and secretly Kathi's) relief. Instead of acting heartless, and forcing him to ignore his feelings, Roman would quite often tell Virgil giving and receiving affection was normal, and so was crying. Everyone cries, it was a human emotion.

Roman spoilt him, too, from the best toys, to the latest technology - but Virgil never asked for much, all he wanted was good earphones, a decent phone and an Audiobooks account.

Life had been going so wonderfully for the family, until one night, the night everything changed. For Kathi was today years old when she found out Roman's parents didn't know they had a grandson.

"What do you mean they don't know?!" Kathi exclaimed, staring at her husband as if he was crazy. Roman deflated, running a hand through his hair. "You know how they are" he argued back, "I wanted to keep Virgil safe, protected, I hated growing up in a house like that - if they found out the way I was raising him, I'm sure they'd try and get him taken away!"