Bad vision - Remy & Logan

7:31pm

💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 Let's get STICKY with MICKEY 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵

Au

Remy had a secret. A secret no one else knew, and they planned to keep it that way for as long as they could. Their secret was they were blind. Not entirely, but since they were born they had terrible vision, everything in the distance was blurry, they could barely see their hand in front of their face without their glasses. That was the thing - they hated their glasses. They were bullied relentlessly for them throughout school, and ever since they moved to a new state a few years ago, they planned to not let anyone know of their bad vision.

They talked to their mom about it, and she suggested they went out and prescribed a pair of sunglasses for them, as not only did Remy adore sunglasses - even if they were impractical inside - but they wouldn't give away the fact they needed actual glasses. That conversation was held a few days after they had moved into their new home - and ever since Remy had been more comfortable with their appearance, although they sometimes obtained odd looks from wearing sunglasses inside in the beginning, everyone became used to it, and were more weirded out to see them not wearing the shaded glasses.

But, that particular morning wasn't going well for them. They had accidentally fallen asleep with the sunglasses, and they woke up that morning with them broken. They were pissed, but tried to stay calm, because in their bedside drawer was a second pair- shit they lost their second pair. Frantically, they searched around the room as well as they could with impaired vision, bumping and colliding into almost everything. After the sixth time of stubbing their toe, they fell onto their bed and groaned.

"Mom!" They yelled, no response. Using the wall as support, they managed to get to their moms room. She was passed out asleep on her bed, snoring. "Mom!" Remy hissed, shaking her away. She groaned, slapping at them lightly, rolling away. "Mom! My sunglasses broke!"

"The fuck you want me to do?" She replied back groggily, words slurred and muffled by the pillow. "Buy me a new pair!"

"You can fuck off" she rolled onto her back, halfheartedly glaring at their child. "Wear your glasses..goddamn you wear skirts that barely conceal your ass, no one will notice.." Remy went to respond but a loud snore cut them off. Clenching their jaw, they left the room and back to their own. Like fuck were they going to wear glasses again, not prepared to go through that today, they threw on some clothes, combed their hair back with their fingers, and slowly left the house.

This was going to be a long day.

From the beginning, he had stumbled and fallen a few times on the walk to the damn building, and even fell up the steps outside! That they blamed on the rain. In home room, they fell onto their chair, all their friends eying them for a moment. "I suppose you have finally learnt sunglasses are inefficient inside?" Logan piped up, not glancing away from his book. Remy rolled their eyes and flicked some loose paper at their friend.

"Shut it, bitch, they broke" they muttered sharply, leaning against Deceit who curled an arm around their waist. "If we leave now, we can buy a new pair, and most certainly be back for third period..." Deceit murmured, lifting his hand to brush some of Remy's dyed green hair from over their forehead. Logan shot him a slight glare at the suggestion. "Here, Kiddo!" Patton whipped out his own pair of sunglasses, sliding them across the round table they sat at. Remy picked them up and surveyed them. They were a light blue, either corner had a head of a dog poking out, and it was quite flimsy.

"Thanks but no thanks" Remy sighed, pushing them back. Patton shrugged and put them on himself, Virgil glanced over and smirked lightly. "Why, I think they look rather fashionable!" Roman commented, gently squeezing Virgil's hand as an apology for his sudden loud voice. Patton giggled and thanked his friend, blowing him a platonic kiss.

"I'll force my bitch of a mother to buy me a new pair" Remy didn't mean a word of the insult, but they were definitely dragging her ass to the opticians today once they arrived home. Everyone on the table chuckled lightly and returned to their conversation, Roman and Deceit swapping suave comments back and forth, then rating them to see how good they were, and if that would actually work on them in real life. Virgil thought the conversation was stupid and talked with Patton who was basically his dad at this point. He lived with his cousins, and their parents didn't really like him much, so Patton and his friends were the only people he could call family, really.

Logan carried on silently reading his book, happy to be left out. Remy stared lazily at the table, unmoving. The edges were blurry, and he couldn't make out the graffiti at all. Today would really test their endurance. First and second period weren't too bad - Remy shared first with Logan and Virgil, so they copied their work from both of them, and second they shared with Roman, who was also fine with them copying their work. Remy gave the excuse they didn't get much sleep, and Roman was happy to be their hero. Plus, Roman's witty banter and all around immaturity made them crack a few smiles and laugh throughout the lesson.

After break is when the real problems started. Third period he didn't have any of their friends with them, and they were told off multiple times by the teacher, but they couldn't say why they couldn't do the work from the board, and when given a worksheet, they didn't under stand it because the work that they would use to help was the shit they couldn't copy down.

Fourth period was absolute hell, and by lunch they found themselves sitting in a bathroom stall, head in their hands, stressed. They couldn't carry on like this. Fuck. They needed someone. They debated on texting Deceit, but he didn't wear glasses, so he wouldn't know jack - they knew Patton was busy this lunch with helping Roman and his theatre shit, so that left Logan. Virgil wasn't on the list, either, due to his lack of glasses. Arising from the toilet, they shot Logan a text for his location, and as soon as they obtained it - of course, it was the library - they made a beeline for it.

"Logan, I need your help" Remy stated once falling into the chair beside him. Logan stopped writing and glanced over, adjusting his glasses. "You called me by my name. Must be important"

Remy sighed, rubbing their tired eyes. "I'm blind" they finally admitted with a long sigh.

"Blind? I suppose you have poor vision, correct?"

Remy nodded, subconsciously bracing them self for his response. "I see - the sunglasses were prescribed, weren't they?"

Remy chuckled lightly, relaxed, as Logan obviously wasn't going to judge them harshly at all on needing glasses, as he needed them too! "Quick" Remy smirked. Logan just shrugged and tightened his tie around his neck. "Do you not have a normal pair?"

Remy tensed, shaking their head and looking the other way. "Bastards bullied me for it...gave me a good ounce of seasonal depression" they muttered dryly, leaning against the back of their chair. "I see. Well, I shall help you for the rest of the day as much as I can. How does that sound?" Remy found themselves sending Logan a small, grateful smile.

"Sounds good...thanks, hoe, who knew you could be kind"

Logan snorted, "I'd like to think I am kinder than you"

"Oh, bitch, everyone is"

8:12pm