Learning to trust - Virgil x Patton & Deceit x Remy & Roman x Logan

9:15pm

Hope this doesn't offend anyone

Trigger warning: mentions of abusive parents, anorexia, anger issues, suicidal, drug/alcohol abuse, depression

This is not going to be it, sis

Au

Virgil waited beside his aunt who talked to the receptionist, bobbing on his feet awkwardly. His eyes trained on the kids, young and old, he could spot down the long hallways. They were all happily talking to one another as they crossed into different rooms, or to upper floors. Virgil shuddered at the idea of living in the same building with a bunch of strangers. "Okay, V" his aunt smiled and bent down a little to be closer to his face. "Why can't I just stay with you?" He whispered quietly, not wanting anyone to hear him.

"Oh, V, you know I want that, but what I want more is the best for you. This place'll help you, in ways I can't, trust me, you'll be out in no time" She reassured, sending him a gentle smile. Virgil sighed, but he knew it would be useless to argue. Besides, it might cause a scene if both raise their voices. He had been there, and he didn't want to go there again, especially with the only family member he had left.

"Hello, Virgil" a gentle voice spoke up behind him. In a flash, he whirled around and tensed, staring expectantly at whoever was behind them, but relaxed when he realised it wasn't who he thought it was. It was a woman with long, brown hair that bobbed around in curls, warming light green eyes, and smooth tanned skin. "Oops!" She held a hand over her heart, "sorry for scaring you, Hun, I'm Angelica, call me Angie for short. I'll be your guidance counsellor for your time here" she explained, then brought her attention to Virgil's aunt. Virgil let them chat for a bit, zoning in on his phone he held tightly in his hands.

This was going to be terrible. Nothing could convince him otherwise.

"Stay safe, V, call if you need anything" His aunt sent him a smile that told him she wanted to cry, but not in front of him. He silently watched her leave.

"Come with me, I'll show you to your room" Angie gestured for Virgil to follow. He stared at Angie for quite some time, holding his suitcase handle tightly. If she tried anything, at least he had something in a form of protection. Following behind her, they headed down the hallway, and the sound of children's laughter and chatter became more clear. With one glance into a room they passed by, Virgil felt his soul shrivel up and die. There were so many kids. So many strangers. So many people that could hurt him.

Gulping thickly, he made sure to pay close attention to where they were going, he needed to know how to get to his room in case he needed to run. They walked up two flights of stairs, Virgil noted they both had pink flower pots. Once reaching the second floor, Angie took him down the hallway that was similar to a hotel - holding an undecided amount of rooms on either side. Finally, they reached his. Room 213. He made a mental note of that.

"We don't believe in keys here, but it is strict policy to not enter anyone's room without their permission" Angie explained while opening the door, allowing Virgil to walk in first, but he stood his ground, staring at her emotionlessly. He knew what this meant. She could attack him from behind. She smiled sadly, "can I go in?" She questioned, and Virgil nodded.

"It's simple, but all you will need" Angie pushed open the curtains, showing off the view of the fields behind the building surrounded by woodland. "The sunsets on this side are beautiful" she winked, watching Virgil place his suitcase next to him, standing at the side of the bed, never turning his back to her. The idea of not being able to lock his door unsettled him, but when he noticed the chair under the desk, he felt a little relieved. At least he had something.