I wanted you to feel the same - Logan & Roman

12:20pm

I know I'm not taking requests but I liked this one so-I-yeah

Trigger warning: abuse

Au

Roman tried not to glare at his father, but it was almost impossible. Clutching his cheek that the man just slapped his eyes narrowed with fiery hatred. "Don't touch me" Roman growled out lowly, the drunk man tried to attack but Roman pushed him to the ground and left the house for school. Since his mother bailed, it seems his father truly couldn't get over the woman who never treated him right in the first place - which results in him letting it all out onto Roman.

It's a routine at this point. For three years Roman has to avoid his father and defend himself from his onslaught, he's even worse when he's drunk, but that seems to be his natural state of being. Always holding a beer bottle in his hand, clothes stained beyond repair, a whisper of the man he once was. Sometimes Roman could remember his kindness; but the memories are crushed by the phantom feeling of pain his father inflicted onto him.

Due to this, Roman changed. He became more temperamental. He would snap at any small thing that annoyed him, and more times than once he would lash our rather violently at people who far from deserve it. His friends slowly left him, not wanting to be involved with a boy with anger issues so severe he couldn't keep himself contained. Roman didn't care about punishments; give him all the detentions, it didn't affect him. But when he was banned from performing in plays, and attending drama classes, that's when he spiralled and became worse. The one thing he had left of his past self was gone.

He didn't know who he was anymore.

But no one cared; everyone stayed away.

Roman was isolated, excluded, outcasted by everyone. The only time he felt something other than burning rage was when he was hurting people. It came with an ounce of satisfaction, knowing he wasn't alone, knowing other people could also go through his pain. It came to a point where he focused his attacks mainly on one person. He and Roman had been in the same schools since kindergarten, but never interacted before Roman picked a fight on him. Now it's basically become a daily thing.

"Hello, Nerd" the student tensed when he heard the spine-tingling, deep voice of his bully from behind. Slowly turning on his feet, he stared, eye level with the boy dressed in brown and black. Logan straightened, set his jaw and dropped his bag to the side. "What do you want, Roman?"

The boy hummed in amusement, stepping closer until he had Logan pressed up against a wall, out of sight from anyone else. "I want to hurt you"

Logan nodded curtly. He couldn't escape, he knew that, otherwise Roman would just inflict more pain, worse than his usual beatings. Logan didn't cry out for help, or hit back, he just stayed rigid as Roman punched, kicked, and harshly uttered insults filled with venom. After a few minutes, Logan was sprawled on the floor, eyes half open, bleary watching Roman stalk away. The nerd slowly eased himself up and crawled over to his bag, downing a few pain killers with ice cold water.

He stumbled and limped a little as he neared his friend group who were all sitting under a tree, eating their lunch.

"He did a number on you, Lo" Remy piped up, head resting in their boyfriends lap. Said boyfriend narrowed his eyes in a heated glare, Logan knowing his hatred was directed at Roman. "I suppose so. If only he would understand it won't help" Logan sat down on the grass beside Patton who leaned over and gently patted the top of his hand. "Have you talked to him yet?"