Friends - Logan x Patton

4:40pm

Hey there Demons, it's me, ya boy

Au

"But I wanna become friends with him!" Patton whined, pouting at his friend who sat beside his body which was sprawled across the grass. He looked up from his phone, exasperated as he turned to Roman who was silently going through lines for the next play he was acting in.

Patton had wanted to become friends with the new boy for weeks now, but Virgil and Roman thought against it. From their first encounter not only was he a complete douchebag, he also insulted Patton, the kindest fucking boy in the entire school. The new kid was nothing more than a cocky asshole who cares more about school work than other people's feelings.

Even so, Patton seemed adamant.

"Why him?" Roman spoke up to save Virgil from his suffering. "You could become friends with anyone!" He exclaimed, waving his arms around as a gesture to every other student who sat out in the field. "Why him?" He repeated. Patton sat up and shrugged, pulling his cardigan up his shoulders so it wouldn't slip off. Patton didn't entirely understand why he wanted to become close with the boy that had offended them all, usually he ignores mean people, but the new boy seems...different. Compared to any other mean student, he doesn't seem like he wants to be mean, he's forcing it, almost, and Patton wants to know why.

Unfortunately he couldn't do it today, as he had to leave school early to go to the hospital. His younger brother - Remy - had fallen into a car accident due to his babysitter at the time being a slight bit reckless for the young boy's amusement. Luckily, he was mostly okay, his arm was constricted by a cast, and he had a few cuts and bruises, nothing life threatening.

He was allowed to leave today, and agreed to the young boy's request for Patton to be there, too. So, once arriving at the hospital, Patton skipped in beside his two moms, waving at a few nurses and doctors he passed by. Naturally, he was an all-around nice guy, who would never dream of purposely making someone feel bad. Bringing happiness and joy to others always lifted his spirits and made him feel that much better.

"Remy!" He called out happily upon entering his room. The little boy perked his head up and waved, the sunglasses he stole from his mom a few months ago slipping down his nose. Patton giggled, skipping over to cradle the boy in a hug that wasn't too tight as to harm him.

"You arrived at a good time" the doctor who was tending to another child spoke up, crossing his arms behind his back while stepping over, nodding his head at Remy who sipped his juice from the straw in the large cup situated on the table beside his bed.

"He's been asleep all day" the doctor chortled. Remy only grinned, nuzzling into Patton who had sat next to him.

"He gets that from his mom" their mother spoke up, pinching both of his cheeks. Remy giggled, leaning forward to boop their noses together. They still had to wait a few hours so they could finish the last checkups with Remy, so to pass the time Patton explored the parts of the hospital he was allowed too, sometimes sitting on the balconies, other times playing with the kids who were in the waiting room.

While walking down one of the hallway's, he was pushed to the side by a few doctors and nurses who rushed down the hallway with a bed carrying a body. Due to the sudden forcefulness, he didn't have enough time to catch himself on the wall, so he collapsed into the room he was shoved into, groaning a little in pain as his head hit the floor.

"Hello? Are you okay?" A soft female voice spoke from above him. Cracking open his eyes, he saw a woman's face leaning over him from the bed she laid in. She looked frail, and had her long, glossy black hair in a loose bun sat atop her head. Grinning sheepishly, he jumped up, straightening out his clothes that became ruffled from the fall.