Morph - Deceit x Patton

10:31pm

I haven't really done angst in awhile

Patton had woken up at an irregular time that early morning. He rubbed his eyes, gazing around his dark room as he tried to realise what had awoken him from his slumber. His door was parted open, meaning someone must be awake, and is either in here, or they were in here and left. It was nearing four am, and Patton could barely lift his body he was so tired.

Nevertheless, he was worried in case one of the sides had a nightmare and needed comforting. Swinging his legs around the side of the bed, he grinned when his toes mushed against the fluffy carpet. Easing himself up, he went to leave when something nudged against his leg. Looking down, he gasped when he saw a green and yellow-mixed snake hissing and curling around his feet, looking up at him with one black eye and one bright, piercing yellow.

It was Deceit.

Patton cooed, slowly bending down onto his knees. He knew whenever a side turned into an animal it was because they weren't feeling particularly safe, or were quite anxious, being an animal helped them feel protected, and for Virgil it even helped him calm down from panic attacks many times.

Gently, Patton reached forward and brushed his thumb across Deceit's snake head, watching him lean up closer and let his tongue slither out of his mouth for a moment. "C'mere" Patton giggled quietly and cutely, letting Deceit slide up his arm, across his shoulders, and draped across his neck. For awhile Patton stroked the scaly skin, sometimes whispering words of encouragement, other times reminding Deceit how much he loved him.

It was half four when Patton felt his eyelids drop so much so he could barely keep himself up. Tiredly, he lifted his body - and snake-Deceit - up and to the bed. Deceit curled up under the blankets like Patton had, the human side making sure to not accidentally squash or roll onto him before he slowly fell into slumber, fingers that were once stroking Deceit's skin coming to a slow stop.

The next morning, Patton cracked his eyes open, smiling widely when Deceit's face was pressed into his chest, and his body cuddled up to his as much as he could. During his sleep he must've changed back to human form and cuddled the warmest source of heat. Humming in content, Patton pressed a long kiss to his forehead, reaching up to comb his hands through his thick, dark brown locks.

"I love you, Cobra"

10:43pm