Justified anger - Roman x Patton

11:28am

I forgot to turn off my night light

It's staring at me

Waiting

Trigger warning: Fist fight, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempt

Au

Roman was angry. He was furious, pissed, fuming, bitter, heated, enraged - no amount of words could describe how resentful he felt at that exact moment because of something that happened four years ago. What originally happened angered him at the time, but not like this, no, what really made him riled up was the consequences that occurred months later.

There was a fight. Four years ago a fight broke out. He was only twelve, rather scrawny, weak kid, so if anyone wanted to pick a fight on him he was sure to lose. He hadn't done anything wrong, in his opinion, but two large boys who were literally the same age as him, yet somehow were both mammoths, came up to him, taunted him, then pummelled him.

All because he rejected their sister.

That wasn't all bad, he was mad, who wouldn't be? His parents insisted he move school, he didn't really care, as he didn't have any friends in that school, so he was more than happy to go. While they were finding a different school, their mother had a job offer in a different state, and as they were all looking for a fresh start, they jumped aboard.

The new home was amazing, everything Roman could ever ask for! People in school adored him, the teachers said he was the best at performing in plays, the first two months went by like he was on cloud nine, until that fateful day.

The day his mother died.

A car crash - he blocked out the details, but she was his rock, always there for him, being the best mother she could while also having a very hard-working job, he loved her with every fibre of his being, and even after four years, he hadn't completely gotten over her death.

He knew. He knew that if he didn't get into that fight, she would be alive, because they wouldn't have moved, whether that was true or not didn't matter, because his father didn't fail to remind him that her death was his fault, and now all he could do was get his revenge on the people who were truly at fault here - those brothers.

He remembered how to get around the school, but he hadn't even enrolled yet, so as he stormed onto the property he technically wasn't allowed to be here. Students who were loitering around the front, waiting for school to start, all turned head at the new boy who looked frighteningly ferocious, hands clenched by his sides, eyes narrowed and pierced with unadulterated fury.

He stopped at the front of the school before the steps, whirling around to face the first student he came into contact with. It was a boy a few inches shorter than himself, he wore a baby blue polo and a grey cardigan on his shoulders. Roman didn't care how scared he looked as he clenched his first in the front of his shirt and pulled him close to his face, he didn't think he could stop himself even if he wanted to. He felt like he was on autopilot, waiting until he could unleash his pent up wrath.

"Joe and Paul; where are they?" His voice dropped venom, and people around them backed away. The boy quivered, gripping his tight fist, too scared to reply. One of the boys friends, a kid with a blue tie, stepped in, realising if he obtained the answer he would need he would leave the boy alone.

"They are by their lockers in block A2"

In an instant, Roman dropped the boy and made his way through the school in a flurry, ignoring the curious looks he got from teachers, not realising many students from outside had followed him in, hoping to see the obvious fight break out. It didn't take long before Roman could see them, the two who ruined his life. Like the tie-wearing boy said, they were by their lockers, laughing while gesturing to a group of kids who walked by.