Finding Bella

"Police!"
"Put your hands where I can see them!" One of the guys tried to pull out his gun but Fin had him on the ground and cuffed in 2.5. I went to go check for vics, as usual while the rest of the squad and additional policemen tackled the suspects. I went around the corner putting my gun in front of me and quietly walked into the room. In the far end of the room there was a fragile little girl handcuffed to the wall naked and covered in bruises. She was out cold from what I saw, there were some fresh cuts on her lower arm. I stood there frozen until Rollins came in the room and Yelled,
"CALL A BUS!"
"Liv, are ya alright?"
"I'm fine. I'll ride with her." I said while taking off my jacket and wrapping it around her small, fragile body.
***
"Do you have any information on the girl?"
"Yes, her name is Bella Frazier born to Maria and Dashon Fraizer. You know Liv she's a special one."
"How so?"
"It surprising she survived in such conditions, you guys came at the right time. Had you only been 15 minutes late, she wouldn't have made it." I nodded my head and let that sink in.
"Is she awake? Can I speak to her?"
"Ahh, yes she's awake. You can speak to her, but I'll warn you she doesn't talk."
"Is she mute?"
"No not at all, it's just the experience was so traumatic for her that she doesn't even reply to the simplest of questions."
"Ohh okay, this will be interesting." I walked into the room and shut the door quietly.
"Hi, I'm Olivia. Do you remember me?" Bella nodded without making eye contact. She was busy coloring in a mermaid in a coloring book.
"That's really pretty. Mind if I help you there?" She shook her head and handed me a yellow and orange crayon. She put up two fingers and pointed at the tail.
"You want the tail to be yellow and orange?" She smiled and nodded. We sat there coloring for a little bit and then I asked,
"Hey Bella, can I talk to you about something?" She put down the crayon and nodded. She sunk her head and looked at the paper. I took a piece of blank paper out of the back of the book and drew a stick finger person. She laughed at my drawing.
"Are you laughing at me?" I said while laughing at myself. Then she pointed at my badge.
"You wanna look at it?" She nodded eagerly and had the biggest smile on her face.
"Alright, if I let you play with it will you answer some questions?" She wrote on the paper, "yes."
"Great." I handed it to her and watched her play with it a little. She put on a serious face and held up the badge.
"You're so funny. Alright I'm gonna start now, okay?" She nodded.
"Has anyone ever told you about your private places? Places that shouldn't be touched by others." She nodded.
"Has anyone touched you in any of those places?" She picked up a crayon and wrote "A lot."
"Can you color those places on the stickman?" She colored two places on the stick man and started to cry.
"I'm sorry Bella." She hugged me and continued to cry.
"Bella, Do you want to stop?" She nodded and pushed away the paper. The poor girl was ashamed.
"What happened wasn't your fault Bella." She shook her head in disagreement.
"It wasn't your fault." She wiped more tears out of her eyes and stared at me blankly.
"How about I come back later to see you?" She nodded and waved.
"Bye Bella."
***
Bella's Perspective*
The room was very big and had lots of toys. The dollhouse was my favorite, it had a whole bunch of barbies in there.
"You wanna play dolls huh?"
"Yes!" Olivia made a shocked face as I said it.
"You finally spoke- I'm proud of you."
"Thank you." I sat in front of the dollhouse and picked up the boy doll.
"Don't like him. Mean doll!"
"Bella. What's wrong with the doll?"
"Looks like one of them!" I looked at Olivia and frowned.
"Which one of them? Who hurt you?"
"All of them!"
"Can you tell me the whole story?"
"My mommy took me there. She wanted more of those powder thingy."
"Your mom took you there?"
"Yes, and then she went to go get the powder thingy and the guy said that I looked pretty. He said he'd give mommy a lot of the powder for me. Mommy told them not to hurt me and I haven't seen her in a long time." Tears fell down my face as I said it.
"They all took turns. They said it'd be a game. But it hurt a lot."
"What hurt?"
"When they put their thing in me. It hurt my tummy so much." I cried really hard.
"Why did they do that Livia?"  I said angrily.
****
"Good Night Moon." I closed the book and set it on the bedside table.
"Mommy, at school today I let a girl have some of my grapes because she didn't have a lunch.
"That's very nice of you Noah. How come she didn't have a lunch?"
"She said her mommy forgot. But you never forget to pack my lunch."
"Sometimes mommies forget things on accident."
"Everyone forgets sometimes." He said with a smile. I pinched his cheeks and handed him his stuffed animal.
"Noah, how do you feel about having a sister?"
"You're having a baby?! But you don't even have a big belly!"
"No not now, it's just a question." I said laughing at my son's reaction.
"Well, it'd be nice to have someone to play with. Sometimes I wish I had a friend to play with at home and not just at school."
"I didn't know you were lonely. I'll try and get a sibling for you."
"Yay! I get to have a friend."
"Yes you will. Now come on, you have school tomorrow lights out."
"Okay." He gave me a kiss and a cuddle.
"Night mommy."
"Night Noah. Don't let the bed bugs bite!" I tired off the lights and closed the door. As I sat in the living room watching tv and drinking my wine it came to me. I've never felt so strongly about a kid since Noah. I want to foster Bella, but is her dad alive? And where is the mother? Even if she is alive she'd go to jail.
***