Bella Gets Sensitive

Therapy Monday?
I drew as I talked to Mrs.Caron.
"That must've been so terrifying."
"It was, I was crying. When I got home we talked about it."
"How do you feel about that incident now?" I shrugged my shoulders.
"Bella, it'd be really helpful if you gave me an answer."
"It's just in the past, I guess." I fixed my headband and continued to draw.
"Be honest. There's more to it, isn't there?"
"Well, I thought the guy was going to hurt me."
"No shame in that."
"He was a cop though." I kept drawing and my therapist handed me a snack.
"What else are you not telling me?"
"Private." She nodded and I sat on the couch.
"I don't want to talk anymore."
**********
My Office (Olivia's Perspective)
"What are you doing on Corcoran? You literally rented a house months ago."
"I know, but when Noah goes to middle school we might have to move again."
"Isn't Noah staying in Bella's school?"
"I want him to go somewhere else, not like their school is bad. But I really want Noah to excel so he can be whatever he wants to be."
"I get it."
Katherine Caron: Has Bella been okay at home?
"What's up?"
"Bella's therapist is asking me about Bella's behavior at home."
"I heard about the traffic stop. Is she okay?"
"She was rattled but she seems fine now." I'm guessing she just didn't want to tell her therapist about it.
Me: Yes. Why?
Katherine Caron: We were talking about how you guys got pulled over and she didn't provide much detail as to what else happened.
Me: Bella was hysterical that night. She probably isn't answering because she feels embarrassed.
Katherine Caron: I had sensed that. Did anything happen when you guys arrived home?
Me: We had a chat about what happened and then she went to bed. I stayed next to her all night until about 3am. When she woke up hours later she confessed something to me. She's probably withholding that from you.
Katherine Caron: She said to me that it was a private discussion. I won't pry as I don't want to break our trust. Thanks Ms.Benson!
Me: Anytime!
"I haven't seen Bella in a while. Ask her if she's up to going out with me later this month."
"Will do. Now, let's go talk to this Peterson guy."
**********
Tuesday (Bella's Perspective)
After morning meeting we usually have mathematics. My favorite subject! It's become more of my favorite because Mr.Moretti teaches it. He's just so nice, cool, and funny, and yeah. Have I said that I like Mr. Moretti yet?
"Now I know guys, you'll look at this and say, WOAH! 3 digits?! But once you get it, it'll be so easy to you!" I laughed and Mr.Moretti looked at me.
"Why can't everyone be as happy as Kylie and Bella during math?"
"Because reading class is way better." Axel said. Ms.Rossi laughed and he carried on with his lesson. It was really easy and not hard at all. I don't get why people don't like math. It's the best, and it's even better when Moretti's teaching it.
"What is the answer to 407-205?"
"202." I said calmly.
"That was fast. How about 608-423." I did the work on my paper and came up with the answer.
"185?" I whispered. The class looked at me and the teachers paused.
"What was that?"
"I said 185."
"C-correct. How did you solve that so quickly?"
"I just did..." I stayed quiet for the rest of the lesson and did my work. I brung to much attention to myself. When the lesson was over Mr.Moretti told me to step outside with him.
"I don't know what you did, but good luck." Kylie said. Axel laughed.
"She isn't in trouble. Hopefully." I rolled my eyes playfully and stepped outside. He closed the door and it was just him and I. I felt a bit uncomfortable but at the same time I was okay.
"You're not in any trouble Bella." He said as we walked down the hallway.
"Kay." We sat in the stairwell quietly.
"You did a fantastic job today. I think you're a really smart kid just like your brother. I have very high expectations for you just like I did with Noah."
"Like what?"
"To try your hardest, never give up, and to stay true to yourself. Get it?"
"Yeah."
"Alright! Let's head back to class, okay?"
"Okay." He gave me a high five and helped me up. I sat down at my desk and started my work. I want Mommy and Mr.Moretti to be really proud of me.
**********
Dinner Time (Wednesday)
I munched on my food quietly as Lucy and Noah talked.
"You're being so quiet honey."
"I'm just thinking about some stuff."
"Mr.Moretti?"
"No, stop it!" I said embarrassingly.
"Bella?" Lucy said with a smile.
"What?!"
"You don't need to get so defensive baby."
"I'm not hungry anymore. I'm going to my room and I don't want anyone to bother me." I didn't even have the energy to run up the the 4th floor to my bedroom. I slammed my door and slouched down on the floor next to my bed.
Letter To Mom
Is it okay to-
I ripped the page out and threw it in the garbage. Just ignore it!
Letter To Mom
Well, I told you what I wanted to tell you. And now I'm a bit annoyed... and I'm not going to write why. I'm just super angry about it. I'll tell you later.. I guess. But, is it okay if I go to Central Park alone this weekend? I know how to get there. It's only a block away.
With hate,
Bella
I closed the journal and decided to read a book. Diary of a wimpy kid always seems to make me happy. I hummed to myself as I read the book and laughed a little. Greg could be so funny.
"Bella?" Lucy called my name and I closed my book.
"Yes..."
"Open up, I wanna have a chat with you." I stared at the door and didn't move. I didn't want to open the door for Lucy, but I might get in trouble if I don't.
"Bella, are you upset?"
"Go away." I said quietly.
"I can't hear you." I took a deep breath and screamed on top of my lungs.
"GO AWAY!" I cried.
"Bella, if you're upset I want you to talk to me. No one meant to-"
"I know that, just go away."
"Is what Noah said true?" There was a long silence.
"Bella, let's talk about it."
"No,no. I don't need to talk. I'm okay. Totally fine. Noah lied. I don't like that."
"So it isn't true?" I didn't answer further and stared out my window.
******
Friday Afternoon (Olivia's Perspective)
"Hey sweet boy! How was school today?"
"Good."
"Have you seen Bella?"
"No, and I don't think she'd want me to see her. She kind of hates me right now."
"Why?" I asked concernedly.
"Well-"
"Ms.Benson!"
"Mr.Moretti." We shared a hug and Bella came up under me.
"Hey sweetheart."
"Bella's a sweet kid from what I've seen. But I would like to discuss something that I've noticed. She didn't do anything bad, I'm just concerned for her well being."
"Okay." Bella let go and we started to converse as she talked to her friends.
"Today and yesterday she seemed a bit off. She wasn't smiling, participating the way she usually does. She seemed upset about something and she started to cry when I asked her what's up." I nodded in understanding and looked at Noah.
"My sitter told me that Noah and Bella had a bit of a verbal altercation. I'll talk to her about it because Noah believes that she hates him."
"Alright, I hope everything's okay."
"Siblings fight, they'll be okay." We said goodbye and I called Bella over.
"Let's go guys." Bella walked over quietly. I fixed my daughter's curly hair and put my arm around her.
"Why are you treating me like that? I didn't even do anything."
"And why are you ignoring me?" Noah asked.
"Shut up." She said angrily.
"Bella Danielle-" I took her to the side and looked her in the eye.
"We had a talk about using that kind of language, did we not?" She stared at me blankly and didn't reply.
"Answer me when I'm speaking to you."
"We did."
"And you know what the punishment is. Correct?"
"Yes."
"You can stay in your room for the rest of the night. I was planning on having a good evening. It seems as if you don't want that. Get in the car." She got in quietly and I went to the front. The car ride was quiet. Bella would look out the window and then glare at me every couple minutes, as if to remind me of how unhappy she is. What's going on in there?! I asked myself.