Bella's Terrifying Encounter

Friday, September 6th
"Bye Mr. Moretti!"
"Bye Ms.Benson. Have a good weekend."
"You never told me you had Mr. Moretti!" Noah said.
"Noah? Is this your sister?"
"Yeah." He put his arm around me and smiled.
"I noticed the similarity in personalities! And you two are both so well-mannered."
"If she's ever being bad, tell me."
"Noah!"
"Big brothers, huh?"
"Yes, he could be super protective sometimes." I shook my head and put my head in my hands embarrassedly. My teacher laughed and Lucy called us.
"We gotta go."
"Tell your mom I said hi."
"Of course." When we were out of Mr.Moretti's sight I said,
"You're so embarrassing!" When we got home I went straight to my bedroom and closed the door. I leaned my back against the door and sighed. Now he knows that Noah is my brother, he's probably gonna compare me to him all day long!
********
The Slime Factory (Olivia's Perspective)
"Woah, that looks interesting babe." She touched the slime and then put some glitter in it.
"This one is for you so do whatever you want to it." I gave her a smile as she handed it to me.
"Thanks!"
"I'm ready to go when you are."
"What do you want to eat?"
"Chipotle." I added in some decorations and we started to leave.
"Mama."
"Yeah?"
"When we get home, I want to talk to you about some stuff."
"Alright, just come in my room when you're ready." I said as she looked into my eyes.
"Your eyes changed color again."
"What color are they now?"
"Green and blue..."
"They've never been blueish before. That's weird." She stayed as I opened the door for her.
"What are you getting?"
"A steak burrito. You already know what I want on it."
"Alright, go wait for me over there baby." She sat down and waited for me quietly. Playing with her hands as she waited.
"Hello, what would you like?"
"May I have two steak burritos." I put drastically different toppings on our burritos. Mines had brown rice while Bella's had white. Bella had black beans while I had pinto. Bella's burrito had spicy salsa and tomatoes on hers while I opted for the mild with a bit less tomatoes.
"Your total is 19.48." I handed her a 20 and collected my change.
"Let's go my love." She held my hand as we went back to the car and I turned on the radio. Bella laughed and we started singing along to some songs. As we approached home Amanda called me.
********
The Car (Bella's Perspective)
Aunty Amanda called Mommy and they started talking about work things.
"So Miller got to Nikki?"
"Yup, looks that way. This guy's got a hand in everything."
"Well, you were right. I'll talk to you with the squad tomorrow. Night, Amanda." I heard sirens and turned around.
"Mommy, there's a police car behind us."
"Yeah, I can see that."
"Are we speeding?"
"Nope, not at all." Mommy pulled over and a big man come towards our car. Mommy rolled down her windows and I stayed quiet.
"Ma'am."
"Hi."
"Do you know why we stopped you?"
"I actually don't." Mom said surprisingly.
"We observed you operating a vehicle in an unsafe manner. Changing lanes without signaling."
"I'm sorry, but that can't be true. I have my daughter in the car."
"Ma'am have you been drinking?" I looked at the guy and then the back of Mommy's head, scared of what would happen next.
"Of course not. I'm- I had a couple sips of wine, I'm with-"
"License and registration please."
"Okay." I looked at him again and my heart started beating fast, like I had just ran a race with my friends.
"Trooper, with all due respect, I'm NYPD."
"Then you should know better, Lieutenant."
"Excuse me?"
"Ma'am do you have a weapon on you?"
"Of course I do, I just told you-"
"Ma'am, put your hands in the air and get out the car."
"Mommy, why are they doing this?"
"I don't know, honey. Sweetie, it's okay. Look at me, it's okay. Okay, don't worry about it."
"Do we have to do this right now? Would you be so kind to let me call my chief."
"Ma'am we're not going to argue. You've been given an order. Now get out and put your hands against the car."
"Lovey, it's going to be okay. You just stay in the car. Alright?" I nodded stiffly as she said that.
"No worries." She got out of the car with the trooper guy and he spoke to her again.
"Turn around. Hands on the car." He said while touching Mommy in several places. As I watched while crying quietly Mommy looked at me and reassured me.
"It's okay honey." I covered my eyes and kept crying.
********
Home
"Bella," I wiped away my tears and went upstairs to my room. I changed into pajamas and went to go eat my burrito.
"What's wrong Bella?" Noah asked. My Mommy put up a finger and sat next to me.
"Bella," I put my head down and she kept rubbing my back.
"We'll talk afterwards. In private. Shh, it's okay."
"It was scary mommy."
"I know hun. I know. Eat your food and meet me in your room. Okay?"
"Yes." When She was out of sight Noah sat down next to me.
"What happened? Tell me." I took a bite of my burrito and looked at my brother.
"A cop pulled Mommy over and stuff." Chase walked over begging for some steak and I threw him a piece.
"Woof!"
"What else?"
"I don't want to talk about it right now. Just let me eat."
"Alright, I'll back off." I finished my burrito and put the bag in the trash. I went upstairs to my floor tiredly and int my room. Mommy was sitting on the bed patiently.
"Hey, I'm so sorry you had to see that."
"I am too." She hugged me tightly.
"Why did they touch you all over your body like that?"
"They were searching for anything illegal."
"Why did they even pull us over Mommy?"
"I don't know lovey. I really don't."
"I thought the trooper was a mean guy and-"
"I wouldn't let anyone hurt you, you know that. If he tried to do anything to you, you knew I would try and stop him."
"But I was still scared."
"You have every reason to be. I'm sorry Okay?"
"It's okay."
"Do you still want to talk about the thing?"
"Maybe tomorrow morning."
"Alright," she planted a kiss on my forehead and I struggled to just close my eyes.
"I'll stay here. Okay? Go brush your teeth." I nodded and went into the bathroom, leaving the door slightly open so I could see my Mother. I don't want to lose you Mommy.
*********
Saturday Morning
"Hey Mama."
"Hey." I hopped onto her bed and smiled.
"Ready to talk?"
"Yeah."
"Hit me."
"Sooo, um." I went to go close the door and sat down.
"What?"
"I was embarrassed. I'd look at you and Aunty Amanda and feel uncomfortable because I knew that I'd become like you guys soon. I don't want be a woman. I feel uncomfortable with those changes you told about. So I felt uncomfortable with you." My Mom smiled a bit and laughed.
"It's okay to be a bit uneasy about these things. Sometimes I'd feel a bit sad about it because I was no longer a child and it was hard to grasp. That's normal."
"What should I do about it?" I asked.
"Try not to think about it, whenever you have these thoughts write it down on some paper, crumble it up and throw it away. Do what makes you happy! Talk to me! I was 9 years old once upon a time, and I've been through these things." I nodded and Mommy got a bit emotional.
"You can always talk to me about these emotions. Part of being healthy and happy is not always eating right, but being emotionally healthy. And I'm going to explain what that means in a moment."
"Alright."
"To stay emotionally healthy you need to express you self, and sometimes take breaks and there isn't anything wrong with that. Understand?"
"Totally." We started talking about emotional health and we agreed on some things that could help me.
"Thanks for being so mature, I really appreciate it."
"You're welcome."