Bella Avoids Pt.2

Home
I walked upstairs to Noah's room and planted a soft kiss on his forehead. He was sound asleep, tired from baseball practice.
"Sleep well sweet boy." I whispered as I turned off the lights.
"Night Mom." He whispered. I chuckled.
"Night." I bid a farewell to Lucy and then went to my floor. I changed into more comfortable clothing and went into Bella's room. She wasn't in her bed or in her closet. I heard little footsteps in the bathroom and went near the door.
"Bella, why are you up at this hour?"
"I had to pee." The water turned on and then off a couple seconds later and she came out.
"You have school tomorrow."
"What are you doing home at 10?"
"Don't worry about me Missy, it's you that we have to worry about."
"Am I in trouble? Because I didn't do it."
"No, you're not. Why did you assume that?" She shrugged her shoulders and crawled under the covers.
"Bella, I'm going to come home early tomorrow and we're going to talk. I'm not going to let you off the hook anymore. Your therapist called me and told me how you were today."
"I wasn't bad."
"But you were lying, and you know how I feel about that. I'm very disappointed in you." She frowned and nodded.
"You can explain yourself tomorrow, I'll give you the whole day to think about it. And if you lie to me again tomorrow, you will be in trouble."
"Yes Mommy."
"Good night."
"No kisses!" She said as I smothered her face in them.
"I love you."
"Love you too."
*********
Math Class
"Alright kids so we're going to do some minute math!" She handed out the papers and I was prepared. I was ready to win this whole thing!
"Alright, GO!" I rushed through the whole page and then I got stuck! What's 7 times 9? 56+7.... 63! I wrote it down and I finished.
"Are you done?"
"Yes." I whispered. She looked it over and then gave me a high five.
"We have a new math champion today." Yes!
"Let's all clap for her!" They clapped and then did the chant.
"Good Job, Good Job! Good Job, Good Job! G double O-D J-O-B, Good Job, Good Job!"
"It's time to pack up now kids. Bates House, step one. Step two, step three." I grabbed my bag and walked into my line spot. She told the other houses to get in line and then we went downstairs.
"Bella?" My mom signed me out and we went to get Noah.
"How was school?"
"Good." Noah replied.
"How about you Bella?"
"It was good too."
"You remember that we have to talk right?"
"Yes."
"Today in school, we watched a movie and has snacks."
"What kind?"
"Chips, chocolate, that kind of stuff. I brought some home." He said while taking off his shoes.
"This is for you. And this is for you."
"Thanks." I bit into the cookie and walked towards the kitchen.
"Thanks sweet boy."
"Mommy, I'm going to go to your bedroom."
"Alright Bella. I'll be up in a minute," I walked up there slowly and changed into some shorts, then sat on my Mother's couch. It's time to tell the truth.
"Ready?"
"Ready."
"Tell me the truth."
"I've been-" I paused and looked down.
"It's okay."
"It's embarrassing."
"Baby, you don't have to feel embarrassed, I won't judge you."
"I've been thinking about Elijah. Because of something that happened."
"What happened?" Mommy turned me around and looked me in the eye.
"Mommy, It isn't that serious. He didn't hurt me. He only confused me."
"How?" She released her grip on my shoulders and instead held me close.
"He said that he really liked me. And he kissed-"
"He what?!" Her face became serious.
"This is why I didn't want to tell you! You're being scary!" I moved away and curled up into a ball.
"How else am I supposed to react when my 8 year old is telling me-"
"You never let me finish."
"Finish then." Her hands were covering her face and she looked nervous.
"He kissed my hand. I was super confused. So I've been thinking about what that meant."
"What do you mean by that?" She was calmer and less angry.
"Why did he kiss my hand? Only Uncle Fin does that when we play princess. But we don't play that anymore."
"Honey, how about we talk about this another time?"
"Okay. Can I go do my homework now?"
"Of course." I got up and went to my room.
********
Bella's Doorway (Olivia's Perspective)
Raising Bella has been such an interesting experience for me. She's an amazing girl, but it's hard sometimes. Sometimes I'm put in the situation where I have to discuss some things that I'd rather not talk to her about right now. I want to keep her as sheltered as I can, but still know certain things at the same time. I wonder if I'm doing what's best for her.
"Hey Bella," she turned around and waved.
"Can I ask you something?"
"Sure, just let me get Chase first."
"How about we take Chase for a walk?"
"Cool." She said while changing into some jeans.
"Put on a thick sweater."
"I will."
"Noah! We're going outside."
"Alright Mom!"
"Are we going to have another talk? Because we've been having a lot of talks lately."
"We won't."
"So we'll just talk about regular things again?" I smiled and gave her a kiss.
"Yes, we'll talk about regular things. Okay?" She nodded.
"Go get Chasey's collar."
"Okay!" My daughter happily went downstairs and I watched as she and Noah play fought.
Flashback
"I'm the ninja princess!" She had her tutu on and ducked as Noah's tried to slice her.
"I'm gonna get you!"
"You guys are so cute." Bella stopped fighting for a sec and touched her mouth.
"My tooth is almost ready to come out!" She came towards me and smiled.
"Oh Woww! It's ready."
"Are you gonna pull hers out like you pulled mines Mama?" Noah asked.
"Do you want me to Bella?"
"Yeah!" I pulled it out and she smiled happily.
"Now you know what to ask for when Christmas comes."
"A new front tooth! I can't wait for the tooth fairy to give me money!"
"She's probably gonna give you something really special because it's your first one!"
End Of Flashback
"Come on Mom!"
"I'm coming guys."