Bella Questions

"Where is he?!" She asked impatiently.
"He's coming."
"I'm getting bored. He better hurry up." She folded her arms in disappointment.
"He'll be here soon, I promise." She held her doll in her lap as I set the food down on the table.
"He's here!" She opened the door for him and her eyes lit up.
"Hey princess! How are you?"
"I'm doing great. Do you like Mia's hair?"
"I think it's beautiful." She giggled and I went to go say hi to Fin.
"Liv." We shared a hug and then started to eat.
"Uncle Fin, how do you feel about me getting a tattoo?" I raised my eyebrow and Bella laughed at me.
"Why would you need a tattoo?"
"Not a real one. A fake one, there's one that lasts for two whole weeks! I really want to try it. Can I?"
"I'm not sure about that."
"That's a bummer."
"Hey Bella, how do you feel about me taking you out for dinner some day?"
"I dunno." I looked at Bella and urged her to say yes.  Fin was one of her very active male role models. I could trust him to show Bella how a man should treat her.
"I guess it'd be nice." She kept eating and smiled. With the Father-Daughter dance coming up they should be spending more time together.
"Can I have more chicken?" She asked politely.
"Mhm."
"Mom, do you think that I'll be as tall as you?"
"I think you will."
"I want to be taller than Uncle Fin too. So that I can look down at him and not up."
"Why am I always the one being attacked?"
"Because I love you. It's kind of like when boys are mean to certain people because they want to be their friend." That statement caught my eye as that wasn't the type of mentality that I wanted my daughter to have.
"Has a boy been mean to you and said it's because he likes you or wants to be your friend?" She could tell how I felt about what I just said.
"Answer Liv Bella."
"Well, pretty much yeah."
"You know that isn't okay, right?" She shrugged her shoulders and kept eating.
"You know, a guy wanting to be your friend is no excuse for him being rude or mean to you princess. If anyone treats you like that you shouldn't talk to them at all."
"Okay. So that means I shouldn't talk to anyone? People act like that, it's just a joke." She said matter of factly.
"Sometimes It isn't a joke." She shrugged and went to go wash her plate. What an unsuccessful conversation, great job Olivia.
"We'll be talking about this later." I added.
"Okay." I looked at Fin and we both shook our heads. I didn't want my daughter to grow up thinking that it was okay for boys to be mean to her just because they like her.
"Mommy, can we go outside for dessert?"
"We have ice cream Bella."
"Can we make our own ice cream? And Uncle Fin can't get any?" I laughed at Bella's question and Fin shook his head.
"Of course."
"A guy can't get ice cream around here?"
"No." Bella jumped up and Fin put her over his shoulder.
"I don't deserve to go to jail for this!"
*********
Ballet (Bella's Perspective)
"Sickled feet Bella!" I groaned and she paused the music. Miss Rachel told me to come and I came over quietly.
"What's going on with you today? You're usually on point."
"I feel tired."
"Suck it up. Class is almost over hun. Try again."
"Yes Miss Rachel." I went back over and tried my best. I really, really wanted to take a nap at this point. But I couldn't even, I had to go to therapy after this. I walked out of class sluggishly and went to change. Kylie took her red hair out of her bun and put it in a pony. Kayla did the same.
"I'm so tired from today." We had to do a fitness-gram test and it took up so much of my energy. My legs were sore, my chest hurt, and I wanted to fall down on the ground.
"That was a terrible test. I can't believe you even made it to 72. You did better then some of the boys." Kylie said.
"I can't believe it either." I zipped up my jacket and slid on my boots.
"See you guys tomorrow." I gave them both a hug before leaving.
"Bye Bella!" I went out and Lucy was there.
"You okay?"
"Tired."
"Do you still wanna go to therapy?"
"Yeah, let's just get it over with."
"Liv is going to pick you up afterwards."
"Alright."
"Do you want a snack? Or do you have some?"
"I have stuff in my lunchbox." We walked and when I got to the therapy place I went straight in to see my therapist.
"Good evening."
"Good Evening Bella. How are you today?"
"Really tired."
"How come?"
"Fitness-gram test in gym class, at the end of the day, then I had to go to ballet, and then I came here. I wanna go home and take a nice long shower."
"That must be so tiring."
"It is."
"How was your weekend?"
"It was good and it was kind of weird and confusing."
"How so?"
"My Mommy has a talk with me about growing up. It was kind of weird because I didn't understand why we had grow up that much. Mommy said that it's because our bodies need to grow so that we can have babies. But what if I don't want to have a baby? I like babies though, I just don't know why we can't have the choice." She smiled and took out some play dough.
"Regardless of if you want a baby or not you still have to go through them. It's what makes you a woman."
"Hm." I ate a snack and we kept talking.
"That's amazing."
"I know! I'm so happy about it. I got the highest score!" She looked at her watch and sighed.
"Times up."
"Aww, well it was nice to see you."
"Same to you always Bella."
"Have a good night!"
"You too, stay safe sweetie." I went out to go see my mother waiting for me.
"Hey!"
"Hi Mom."
"Did you have a good session?"
"Yeah, I'm tired now though."
"Let's start getting home then, you can do straight to bed after dinner."
"Alright." I went in to my favorite seat in the car and grabbed my little pillow.
"Don't get too comfortable back there."
"I'll try not to."
"You grabbed a whole pillow as if we were driving to our house in Long Island."
"Tired girls need their sleep. At least I don't have to drink coffee and can actually sleep."
"Fin was right, it's all jokes until you get bigger."
"Hey!" I closed my eyes and smiled.