Bella Misses Out

"Achoo!" I sneezed and blew my nose.
"Bless you my sweet pea."
"This is really unfair! I wanted to go to the open house. Achoo!"
"Bless you."
"Thanks Noah." Mommy was supposed to take me to the open house for that townhouse she wanted to buy. She said were were going the week after she found it but then she rescheduled because of work. And then rescheduled a million more times and the one time she's actually going I get the worst cold ever. Thanks a lot Jana!
"I want to come!"
"You need to rest. I know you wanted to go see the house, and I'm sorry you can't come but I'm doing what best with you. If you want another shot at taking a look you have to rest and relax so you can be all better. Understand?"
"I understand."
"Cheer up Bella, we'll bring you back a treat." Mommy smiled and rustled my hair.
"That makes me feel a bit better." I pulled my blanket up and turned the tv on to Coop and Cami.
"ACHOO!"
"Jeez, you scared me."
"I'm tired of sneezing and coughing it hurts my chest Mom."
"It hurts? Ohhhh, I know why sweet pea. You coughed so much that you pulled a muscle right about here. You'll be better in a couple of days."
"Aww, a couple of days?!"
"Hey guys!" Lucy was here and that was great. She was going to make me some yummy dinner! She almost always does when I'm sick!
"Hi Lu-ACHOO!"
"Bless you sweetie." My mom laughed and said hi to her.
"I'm kinda jealous, you get to stay home in the warm living room when Mom and I have to go in the cold."
"But you guys are going to have alone time together though. I'm more jealous of you."
"It looks like we have to go. Feel better sweet pea." She rubbed my shoulder and Noah gave me a high five.
"Bye Liv."
"Bye Mommy."
********
175 East 78th Street (Olivia's Perspective)
"This is the fourth floor, the master bedroom is to the right." The room was pretty spacious with two windows and an amazing walk-in closet.
"The master bathroom has double sinks with a stand-in shower, complemented with marble counter tops."
"This is absolutely beautiful." I'm liking this house.
"And to the left we have another equally spacious bedroom, with another walk-in closet and it's own bathroom as with all 4 rooms in this house."
"This could be Bella's Room."
"There is also a window seat." I checked the bathroom and the walk-in closet.
"Hm."
"Shall we walk back downstairs?"
"Of course." When we got back downstairs, my mind was made up almost instantaneously.
"Would you be interested in renting this home?"
"Well,"
*******
"She's asleep. Sound asleep."
"Did she eat anything?"
"She had a little bit of soup. Only after some crying about how she wasn't hungry."
"She was cranky, poor girl's tired."
"She was, but how was the open house?" Lucy asked as Noah sat down next to her.
"It was great. I was the only there. The house is amazing."
"Are you gonna rent?"
"I am."
"That's great! If there's anything that I could do to help, just give me a call."
"Of course. Noah start getting ready for bed."
"Yes mom." As Noah walked to his room I saw a little figure in pink pajamas.
"What's wrong sweet pea?" She walked over to me and started crying.
"You're mean!"
"How am I mean?"
"You just left like that!" Lucy had a small smirk. This girl is really delirious and confused.
"And you forgot about my purple puppy. Why did you forget about him?!"
"Okay, let's go back to bed hmm?"
"Not until I get my purple puppy."
"What purple puppy?"
"The purple one in the store." I went into her room and found the purple puppy she was talking about.
"Is this the purple puppy you wanted?" She held it and smiled.
"Let's go to bed now, Alright sweet?"
"Okay, but it needs some milk."
"Milk?" I was getting more and more confused by the second. I felt Bella's forehead and she was hotter than she was before I left.
"Do you guys know where the milk is? She's really thirsty."
"The puppy?"
"No, Annie." Her babydoll.
"If there's no milk I'll give her my own." She went into her room and closed the door.
"I'm going to go check her temperature, that's probably why she's going crazy." I went into the bathroom and grabbed a thermometer so I could check her temp.
"Bella, mommy's going to take your temperature. Okay?" I opened the door to see Bella giving her dolly milk.
"I'm tired now."
"You should be, it's around your bedtime."
"Achoo!"
"Bless you love. Open." She opened up and looked at me. It was so strange that she was so sick but she had such happiness in her eyes.
"103. It went up."
"Is she okay?"
"Her fever went up while she was sleeping I guess."
"I'm going to give her some Tylenol, let's hope that this goes down."
********
The Next Day
"Hi Bella." I felt her head and it was much cooler.
"Do I have to take my temperature again?"
"Just to see how much it went down."
"100. This is great."
"Achoo!"
"Bless you."
"Thank you. Mommy what happened when you went to the house?"
"When I went to the house? It was really nice, you would've loved it."
"Was it big?"
"It was very big. And there was a bedroom next to my room that I think you'd love. It has space for your beanbags and all your toys."
"That's super cool."
"It is Isn't it?"
"Mom, can we go to Dylan's Candy Bar?"
"We went there the other day. Why are you so eager to go back?"
"Because; I want one of those s'mores and cookies and cream bars! They're so yummy!" I'll keep that in mind for things to put in her stocking. She laughed and gave me a big hug.
"Aww, Lovie."
"I want to go outside."
"You have ballet today."
"But I'm sick."
"You are," my phone rang and I answered it.
"Benson. What?! Alright, I'll come as soon as possible."
"Work?"
"Duty calls."