Olivia And The Shocking Revalation

Present Day (Bella's Perspective)
"Mom?"
"Yes?"
"Can I go to Axel's house?"
"For what?" Mommy was putting on her makeup, and getting ready to go outside.
"Just so we can hangout.."
"When did you guys plan this?"
"We didn't, I just wanna go."
"Not today."
"Why?"
"Because, I want you stay home and study a bit." I sighed and looked at the ground.
"What's wrong?"
"I don't want to take that test Mom, this isn't fun. You always want me to study, I barely get a break. I'm tired and I just want to hang out with my friends. You are changing." I went to my room with a sigh and my Mom turned around.
"Bella, come here."
"No, I want to go to bed, this is no fun." I closed my door and started to cry. I felt very pressured. I want to make Mommy happy, but I'm not feeling too happy about it myself. Every single day nearly it's, "study for your test, so you can do your best!" And I'm the only person studying as much as I am.
"Sweet pea?"
"Yeah?"
"I didn't know I was stressing you out so much." She wiped my face and pulled back my hair.
"I just want you to be the best that you can be. I'm sorry. If you don't want to do the test anymore, I won't be upset."
"I still want to do it for you, I just don't want to study everyday of my life! I wanna go to gym and dance and have things be mostly normal."
"I'll respect your wishes."
************
Wednesday, January 15 (Olivia's Perspective)
Bella walked into my office cheerfully and sat at my couch.
"Hey Bella." She waved and took out her homework.
"How was school today?"
"It was okay. It could be better...Mom?"
"Yeah?"
"Is it okay if I spend Martin Luther King day with Ms.Hinds?"
"Why not?" I feel that it's important for her to spend time with her mentor, because she can explain things to Bella, and talk to her about things I could never understand. Bella is biracial and I want her to be connected to both worlds. I make sure to keep her in touch with her European side, and Fin and Ms.Hinds keep her in touch with her Afro-Caribbean side. There has to be a balance, because when Bella was younger she used to come home from school, crying, upset that she didn't have blonde hair and blue eyes like some of her classmates. And to this day, I sometimes over hear Bella wishing to to be things that she just can't be.
"Yay! She said she wanted to talk to me about some stuff, and I'm kind of excited!"
"Lieutenant-"
"Hi Uncle."
"Hey, honey."
"Lieutenant, you're gonna wanna hear this."
"Okay, Bella. Sit tight. I'm gonna lock the door."
"Sure Mom." I walked out and the squad obviously knew something that I didn't.
"They want you down at the M.E.'s office. Now."
"I'll watch Bella, you can go." I didn't know what was going on, but I sure didn't like it.
The M.E's Office
"What's going on?"
"Something came up in the investigation."
"Okay, a new lead....What's so different about that this time around."
"It concerns your daughter." My eyes widened and I stood up straight.
"So, the sample wasn't in the database. So next best thing, you check for familial matches." It can't be Dashon, he's still in jail.
"Bella, and a Toni Hinds came up." Wait....Bella and her mentor are related?!! Did she know about this?!
"Did you have any prior knowledge of this?"
"No, I didn't know anything about this, I swear. I'm as shocked as everyone else is." Now, I have to go question Bella's mentor.
"May I ask, on which side the relation is."
"Bella is related to Toni on her paternal side."
"Just what I thought. Okay, thank you so much."
"I hope this was a help to you, I'm sorry to concern you."
"There's nothing to be sorry about."
**********
Westbury School (Bella's School)
"Hey, thanks for meeting up with me so last minute."
"No problem, you said you wanted to tell me something?"
"Yes, I did. How about we go to my house, if that doesn't bother you."
"I got time."
"Okay." I took a deep breath as we went into my living room to talk.
"I just can't believe it myself."
"What is it?"
"Do you know a Dashon Frazier?"
"He's my brother. Why?"
"You're Bella's Aunt. She's his daughter. I-"
"I didn't even know-" The room got quiet, both of us in a state of shock.
"I just want to do what's best for Bella. I don't know if we should tell her right now."
"Let's not tell her right away, she doesn't need to be stressed out. But, for real?" I showed her the report and she didn't know what to say.
"You know, he's my brother, but that doesn't mean I love him. He was always getting into trouble, he hit my mother, he'd hit me. My Dad, had to take me out of the house. Please tell me Bella hasn't see this side of him."
"She barely knew him, and he raped her Mother. Both drug addicts at the time. There's so much more, but Bella said she wanted to tell you herself. When she felt ready."
"My own niece suffered, and I didn't even know."
"This isn't your fault, you lost touch, and for a good reason. But you were able to find her, and she will grow up with you as a role model for her. That's a start, right?" She nodded and we shared a quick hug.
"Hey Mom, Hey Ms.Hinds." Noah was aged and went upstairs.
"Mommy?" Bella saw Ms.Hinds and she laughed.
"Hey sweetheart."
"Hi, what are you doing here?"
"We're just talking."
"Okay! I'm gonna go shower and eat some dinner, see you guys later." Bella walked away happily and I smiled. Little does she know..
"It's getting quite late, we could discuss this another time, I don't wanna keep you from home any longer."
"Alright, we'll text?"
"Of course. Let me walk you out." We talked a bit before she left, and I couldn't help but sigh. Peace isn't everlasting. I've learned that from my time on earth.
**********
Pinkberry (Bella's Perspective)
"I love our ice cream dates Mommy."
"So do I!"
"So, how's work and stuff?"
"It's okay, considering."
"Why are we here today Mom?"
"Because, I wanted to spend some time with you. You're growing up so fast, and it's been weeks since I saw you."
"And we're moving super duper soon."
"I know, next week."
"I kind of want to move, because it'd be nice to look at the renovations, but I love this house so much!"
"I know, we have so many good memories." I ate my little brownie and looked at my Mom.
"Yes Bella?"
"Nothing." I giggled and finished my snack.
"Bella, are you excited to spend time with your mentor tomorrow?"
"Yeah, I hope we have a lot of fun! Since it isn't snowing for once."
"I hope so too."
"Mom, did you have a bad day at work?"
"No, why'd you ask?"
"You seem a bit unhappy. Is everything alright?" I asked.
"I'm fine honey."
"Did you see your therapist?" She raised her eyebrow and tilted her head.
"When did you find that out?"
"A while ago. Some things are common sense. You'd always leave for a bit and come back."
"You're a genius."
"You say that a lot."
"Because you're such a smart young lady."
"That's a known fact. Hey, let's go home now. I want to bug Noah."
"I thought I was the other way around?!"
"Yeah, and he deserves to see how it feels."
***********
My Room (Noah's Perspective)
There's this person, in my class. I think she's really pretty and stuff. I didn't know what to do, so I'm writing her a letter.

Dear Annalise,
Hey, it's me. I guess you can tell who I am by my handwriting. I have nearly every class with you, and I want to-
"Noah! What are you doing?"
"Why do you care?"
"Is that an essay, can I see?"
"No.."
"Dear Annalise-" She giggled and tried to look at it.
"Noah has a cr-U-sh!"
"Noah and Annalise sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"
"Can you cut it out?"
"I'm telling Mom!" She ran out and I went to go hide the letter.
"Noah likes a girl named Annalise!" I locked my door and went under my covers. I hate you all.