Bella Sees Change

December 20th
"No lazy kids today, everyone is going to help."
"But Mom-"
"No buts, no attitudes." Bella laughed and I rolled my eyes.
"Nobody wants to see butts anyways. They're nasty." She got up and helped me set up the Christmas tree. Usually, Noah does this because he doesn't want his little sister to hurt herself but he was working on a project.
"Good job kiddo."
"Thanks Mom." Bella fixed her tank top and looked at me.
"That doesn't feel tight on you?"
"No...Is it?!" She looked at herself and realized.
"You know...I think I'm going through a thing Mom."
"What thing?" I asked curiously.
"A growing thing....." Bella was already quite tall for her age, she towered ever so slightly over some of the boys her age.
"There's nothing wrong with that Bella."
"Yes..aren't boys supposed to be taller than girls?"
"Well, on average yes."
"What do you mean by that?"
"Well, scientists do a study. They take data from all over the country and find the average height of a gender, meaning the height that they get after adding and dividing all of the ages together. And on average boys are taller, but that doesn't mean every boy is tall."
"Ohhh, Okay."
"Also doesn't mean that every girl is short."
"I know that..."
"Is there some tall girl in your grade?"
"No..in middle school." She giggled and Noah came downstairs.
"We're decorating aren't we?"
"Yeah, come help me decorate the tree and put my present under it." He rolled his eyes and helped.
"Aww look at Bella in this decoration."
"Don't put that one on the tree Mom. It's so embarrassing." It was me at the beach with the worst tan...and the worst thing is that I was wearing a bikini and I only had the bottom on. I remember that day so well, I was like five years old.
Flashback
"I don't want to wear it, it's making me hot and itchy."
"Okay love." She took it off and I played with the sand.
"I find a seashell. It red. Look Livia."
"I see, can you smile in the camera for me?"
"Cheese!"
"This photo is so cute."
Present Day
"Bella, put the last decoration on the tree."
"Of course." I put it on and Mommy turned the lights on.
"Wow!" I clapped and we all kind of just stood there and watched the tree. It was beautiful.
**************
Christmas Eve (Olivia's Perspective)
"Mom?"
"Yes babe?"
"Can I go to a friends house?"
"Why? We're about to watch our annual Christmas movie." She shrugged and I gave her a look.
"You know exactly why you want to go. To go talk about boys-"
"Ewww! That's gross Mom."
"Boys are gross?"
"Very. I'm gonna go to my room now, I feel disgusted."
"What about the movie?"
"Call me when you're ready." I shook my head and started popping popcorn.
"Well, you came back down awfully quick."
"I heard popcorn. Plus, I want Colby jack cheese." She took a slice out of the fridge and ate it slowly.
"Hey, am I on time for the movie?"
"Well duh idiot."
"Bella." She relaxed and I put the food we made early today away. It was good bonding moment for the both of us. I got to teach her more cooking skills and she loved it.
"Let's go downstairs." My daughter went down first with Ryan.
"We're gonna watch a holiday movie boy!"
"Woof!" She gave him a kiss and we started to watch Home Alone.
"You know, Mommy?"
"Hm?"
"No matter how many times you watch Home Alone, it never gets boring."
"That's so true."
"It's always a classic!" My daughter rested her head on my chest and I put my arm around her quietly.
"Looks like it's almost someone's bedtime..."
"No it isn't! I'm not a baby." She whispered. I could tell she was sleepy, and trying to fight it off.
"No matter how old you get, you'll always be my baby."
**********
Christmas Morning (Bella's Perspective)
"Morning Mom." She was in the kitchen cooking and I went to go help.
"Pass me the eggs sweet pea."
"Here you go. I can make the eggs for you if you want."
"You don't have to Bella."
"I want to." I smiled and cracked the eggs. She watched me cook my eggs and I put some salt a pepper over it.
"Bell, you're doing great!"
"Thanks, okay..they're done. I'll go set the table." She smiled as I went to go do it.
"Then we must open presents. You've certainly earned it."
"Thank you." She gave me a kiss and fixed my hair.
"No, thank you. Thanks for the help."
"No problem Mommy."
"Noah, get down here!" He came down and we started eating.
"I find it funny how we're doing it backwards. Usually we open presents then eat."
"Doesn't hurt to try something new. I remember you being so cranky because you were hungry."
"Because it was like 8 and 9 in the morning and I was starving. I didn't deserve that." I joked.
"Are we all done?"
"Well, I am. I want to open my presents." I smiled and parked myself right in front of the Christmas tree. We prayed for five minutes and then I went first. Because I'm the youngest.
"I'm going to open a present from-" I looked for the name and smiled.
"From Mom." I peeled it slowly and there was a nice box.
"Sounds like a book or something." I opened it up and there was a book called,'Mixed Kid Diaries' it seemed really cool because it was about kids who were like me, and someone could finally understand what I go through. She also bought me an amazon gift card with 100 dollars on it because I'm always asking her for something from there.
"Thanks Mom!"
"You're welcome." We opened the rest of the presents. I got a ton of money, shoes from Fin as always, gift cards for amazon and Starbucks, and some Shopkins. Because I still like them. There were 4 presents under the tree.
"These aren't ours..." I turned to Mommy and smiled.
"Four presents for me?!" She opened the big rectangular box and her face was shining like the sun.
"Our family portrait....you guys are too sweet. Look at how tiny Bella was." I giggled.
"And look at Noah's curly hair."
"Thank goodness I don't have that haircut anymore. I'd looked so horrible."
"What are these other ones?!"
"Open them Mom."
"You guys...."
"You were always talking about how you want a spa day..so we bought you one."
"Don't expect anything for Mother's Day."
"Noah!"
"Thank you guys. Can I have a hug?!" We gave her a hug and then Noah left to go play on his play station.
"Mom, stop crying. It isn't even that serious." I joked.
"I know."
"You're so emotional...let me give you a hug, you big big baby." I gave my mom a hug and a kiss.
***********
Christmas Party (Olivia's Perspective)
"I know, she surprises me everyday with her nurturing heart." I sat Billie in my lap and gave her a kiss. She was such a big girl now.
"Hey Billie."
"Aunty Livia, best Aunty."
"Thank you sweetie." Amanda smiled and Billie reached out her arms for Mama.
"So how's everything going? You're moving in February, right?"
"Yep. We had a good run, my kids really grew happily here, but the rent was getting higher and higher."
"I know, it's tough."
"Uncle Fin, are you serious?!"
"Why wouldn't I be?"
"I dunno, because you're a weirdo...." Bella joked.
"Man, I can never win with this kid."
"Mom, someone's at the door."
"Alright, I'm coming my love." I went to the door and opened it.
"Merry Christmas."
"Elliot?" I still didn't know how to feel about him at this point. But, it was snowing. So I let him in.
"Ell, where the hell have ya been?"
"Around." They shared a hug and I smiled. The atmosphere in the room changed, but at the same time it felt like home.
"I have presents, for a Noah and a Bella..." He turned around and smiled.
"What do you guys say?"
"Thank you." They said in unison. Bella clung to me in shyness and I held her silently.
"Nothing to be afraid of. This is Elliot, remember? He was at your party last year." She nodded and I told her to go pick up a KitKat. Our party was starting to end anyways and people were starting to head home.
"Bye Aunty Amanda!"
"Bye sweetie. See you later Liv." It dwindled down to me, the kids, and Elliot.
"Start getting ready for bed Bella." She went upstairs and I sighed.
"So..how's everything?"
"Okay considering."
"You and Kathy still-"
"No."
"Things didn't work out. We have shared custody of Eli."
"Ohh, I'm sorry."
"It's alright. It was bound to happen."
"What do you mean?"
"We had tried to hard to patch things up. Things just got harder and harder."
"Soo.." I looked at El and we kinda just stared. Not knowing what to do.
**********
The Hallway (Bella's Perspective)
Elliot stayed overnight after the Christmas party. Mommy doesn't usually let big men stay over the night....unless it's Tucker. But, I haven't seen Mom talk to him since like last year. What makes Elliot so special that he stays overnight in Mom's room? I walked out of my room to go to the basement and-
"Morning Bella."
"Hey." I went downstairs, That was still a bit messy, and threw some of the trash away so I could watch my favorite show at the moment, Sydney To The Max. Why is Elliot still here?
"I can't just go to the party with hairy legs." Sydney said. I laughed as she and Olive tried to find a way to hide it. It was hilarious.
"Hey Bellz." I didn't even say hi back to Mommy. I was just so confused and left out.
"What is Mr.Stabler doing here?"
"He's just staying for a bit."
"I asked why."
"Bella, don't be difficult." I stomped up the stairs to go to my room.
"Hey Bella, is Liv-"
"Leave me alone." I slammed my door and looked outside. Are they gonna be in a relationship? My stomach was growling, I wanted breakfast so bad, but the thought of my Mom being with some random guy made me feel sick at the same time. I was in my room for over an hour. Doing homework, things like that.
"Knock knock,"
"Who's there?"
"Mom,"
"And El."
"Really??! I'm naked, give me privacy." I lied..but I just wanted them to go away already.
"Bella,"
***********
2 Weeks Later (Olivia's Perspective)
"Sweet pea?"
"Yeah?"
"Wanna go somewhere Saturday?" I sat next to my daughter as she did her math homework. Her face lit up and she nodded.
"Tell me where you wanna go." She put on her fake glasses and batted her eyelashes.
"Welll....to be technical with you, I'd love, love, and I mean love to go shopping."
"For what?"
"Gucci slides."
"You must be paying or something." She laughed and then sighed.
"I'm just joking, but I really don't care where we go Mom. I like spending time with you." I smiled and looked at my baby girl.
"And we have to talk about Christmas."
"How did I know there was a catch? You're just so easy to read." I have to admit, Bella just had this amazing sense of humor and it's hilarious, but I was serious this time around. We needed to talk. Girl-girl.
"Bella, I want to clear the air with you."
"K."
"I have to go to work now, give me a hug and a kiss."
"Love you Mommy, be safe."
"I will my love. Finish up all that math."
"I certainly will, it's so easy."
"I love you so much." She gave me a kiss and yelled up the stairs to Noah.
"Bye Lucy."
"Bye Liv." I walked out of the door happily, and went into my car with a smile on my face. I can't wait to spend Saturday with my girl!

To be continued*****