Paid To Keep Secrets

Since it was summer I absolutely did not want to be cooped up in the house all day!
"Mom?" I ran down the stairs and went into the kitchen where she was eating toast.
"Yeah?"
"Can I go to Kylie's house?"
"I'll think about it."
"Why?!"
"Because, you're always going over there."
"But Mom!"
"What?"
"Can I go to Paisley's then?"
"Let's see." I went back to my room and sat on my bed. Another reason why I wanted to go was because of Leia. Leia is supposed to be in the basement, where the other spare room is to sleep and play with my old toys... But instead, she comes to my room and touches my personal things and messes everything! So I kind of want to leave the house before I get annoyed with her.
"But seriously! Mom, this isn't fair!"
"How is it not fair?"
"Because it's summer time and you're not letting me do anything."
"You've been at other people's houses all week, give it a rest."
"Livia! We go to big house in the island?"
"On Saturday honey."
"Yay, and me and Bella swim all day in the pool. Bella,we play with your glitter?"
"No! Stay out of my room!"
"Livia, she won't let me play with her ever!
Always telling me to go away!" I went upstairs and locked my door. Siblings are so annoying.
**************
54 West 80th Street (Olivia's Perspective)
"How's Home life with the kids?"
"It's interesting.."
"Has Leia been adjusting?"
"Yes, she adjusted fairly well. She's actually more friendlier than Bella was during her adjusting period. Because I think she's younger and she doesn't have too much of an understanding of being hostile toward people."
"Did the trial affect her?"
"Heavily. I remember that day too well."
The Courthouse (weeks ago)
"Livia, I'm scared...What if bad man come?"
"He won't. I promise." I carried her to the chambers and sat her into my lap as she started to speak.
"She always have him over, that was her best friend she said. Always come on Friday to play the game Sorry."
"I see. Can you tell me about what happened when he came over to play games?"
"After dinner and games Mommy would say she tired! So she go to bed and sleep. And-" Leia cried and apologized.
"I sorry."
"Take your time sweetheart."
"He would play the special games."
"What are those?"
"Where we touch each other.. It always hurt when he touch me. He always touched me with his hands."
"Where?"
"There." She pointed and I rubbed her head lovingly.
"It was not nice! He would do weird things with hisself!" She started to cry again and we gave her a short break.
"I sorry, I being bad."
"No, you're doing great baby, you're doing great."
Back To Present
"Leia is really growing onto me. She has started calling me Mommy, and I haven't called her my daughter yet, but she's a daughter to me already."
"That's great Liv."
"Only problem is, Bella has been acting out so much lately. I don't know what's going on, and she's been so mean to Leia lately."
"She is starting middle school. Brings about a lot of changes."
"I know. But I'm sick of whatever it is." I said as we walked to the victim's brownstone.
************
Paisley's House (Bella's Perspective)
"Good Morning Mr.Aberdeen."
"Good Morning! How are you Bella?"
"I'm just fine, you?"
"I'm doing quite well, nice of you to ask."
"Hey Bella, wanna join us for brunch?"
"Sure, thanks for asking."
"Where's Mom?" Paisley said while giving me a hug.
"She's at work, it'll just be the four of us."
"Bella, are you going on vacation this summer?"
"I'm not sure. Mom's always working because her job is really important to her."
"Your Mother's a cop right?"
"Yeah." I sighed and placed the last fork on the table. Something that I realized is that, even though Paisley's family has money, they're super normal about it. The chef put platters and plates on the table and we started to eat.
"Paxton, are you gonna do a sport next year?" I asked.
"Probably basketball."
"Bella, we should do volleyball or something!"
"Yeah let's see." After the brunch I went to Paisley's room and she giggled.
"Oh no. What is it?"
"I went to the store the other day and I got hair dye."
"Hair dye??"
"Yeah, it's purple and there's blue too! Daddy is going to leave soon, so I was gonna do my hair."
"Aren't you scared he's gonna be mad?"
"No. I'm gonna dye where he can't see it. It's about being smart." She said.
"Cool!"
"You wanna do it too?"
"Totally!" But, there was a bit of a problem.... Mom would never let me dye my hair. I asked before, and she said no. But, when you put purple and blue dye in front of me. It's really hard to say no!
"Okay, okay this is gonna be so fun!"
"Pais, I'm going to work now. You guys have fun and listen. Gigi is making snacks downstairs."
"Alright Mr.Aberdeen."
"Bye Daddy. See you later."
"Bye my love. Bye Bella."
"Bye!" When the coast was clear we went into Paisley's bathroom so we could start.
"Okay, so that my Father can't see it, I'll dye the hair in the way back towards my neck...
"I'll do the same." She grabbed purple and I grabbed blue.
"Okay, it says to dampen your hair and apply. Then let it dry."
"Dampen?"
"Do you have a spray bottle of water?"
"Totally."
"Alright, spray it over the part of your hair you wanna dye then just kinda put the dye wax thing in."
"Cool." And so we talked as we put the dye in our hair.
"We're gonna look so cute."
"Paisley?!" I looked and her and we were both shocked.
"Bella?! Guys, come down for a snack." She was pounding on the door and we were quietly freaking out.
"What are you girls doing in there?!"
"Um...We're naked. We were gonna go in the pool." I said.
"Oh, alright. Come down for snack when you girls are ready." When the coast was clear I wiped away my nervous sweat.
"Thank goodness."
"Hey, how long does this stuff last?!" I asked.
"A couple of weeks."
"Uh-oh."
"What is it?!"
"How am I gonna hide this from Mom?!"
"Just wear your hair down. Low ponytails. Things like that."
"Alright......"
************
My Bedroom
I had just gotten out of the shower and I was putting my hair up and then under a bonnet.
"You have blue hair?! I'm telling Livia!"
"Leia, shhh! Stop, no!"
"But you have blue hair!"
"Shh, don't tell Liv. You know what?"
"What?"
"I'll give you 10 dollars if you don't tell her." Her eyes brightened up and she nodded. I handed her a 10 and she laughed.
"I'm rich!" I let out a sigh of relief and she ran onto my bed and under the covers.
"Are you going night night?"
"No, just resting."
"Bella!" I heard my Mom scream. Oh no! I'm in trouble!
"Yes Mom?" I said quietly.
"Look at what came in the mail! This is just darling."
"Who is it from?"
"Munch, he sends his greetings. And he got a matching one for Leia." I looked at her and folded my arms.
"Tired already?" She put her arm around me and tickled my stomach.
"You're not ticklish?!" She rolled her eyes and gave me a kiss.
"Mom, can I go to my room?"
"Of course babe. Turning in for the night?"
"I guess so."
"Good night honey. I love you."
"Yeah." Mom frowned as I walked upstairs to my room.
*******
The Basement (Olivia's Perspective)
"Can we go to the toy store?"
"Not today."
"But I have money! I have 10 dollars!"
"Ten dollars? Who gave you that?"
"Bella give me it."
"Bella did? Why?" She looked at me shyly and I was getting worried.
"Leia, did you take Bella's money without permission?"
"No! She really give it to me!"
"Why did she give it to you?" She didn't answer again and I folded my arms.
"I'm going to have to talk to Bella about this. I think there's some lying going on."
"I didn't take any! I promise! She give me." If she truly did give it to her, why did she?
"Alright, but I'm holding onto this until further notice. Let's get to bed." I tucked her into the bed and placed her kitten into her little arms.
"No reading books tonight. I'm tired."
"Alright. I love you."
"Love you too!"
"I love kitty. Give kitty a big hug and kiss Livy." I gave her stuffed animal a kiss and then Leia one before leaving.
"Night Liv!"
"Night Lei." She giggled endlessly as I left the room and I stayed in the basement to think. Why would someone give a 3, nearly 4 year old girl 10 dollars? It may not seem like much, and it isn't honestly, it's just the possibility of the child losing the money is why I was wondering. Bella is usually super responsible about her money. She doesn't like to waste it, at all. Yesterday, she gave Leia 3 dollars to give her some peace and quiet, and then today 10 more. I studied the bill in my hand and came to a conclusion. I needed to figure out what she was hiding.