Olivia Tells Bella The Truth

Saturday Dec. 8 (Bella's Perspective)
It was 9 in the morning and Mommy still didn't come out and make breakfast. Maybe she's tired or sick. I decided to go into my mommy's room and check on her. When I went in mommy's room was messy and it usually isn't. Mommy rushed to clean her room up quickly when she saw me come in.
"I thought you got sick Mommy."
"No no, I'm not sick." She said while picking up clothes.
"Why are there clothes everywhere mommy?"
"Don't worry about it sweet pea." Her Room was pretty much clean at this point with the way she was rushing.
"Did you already eat something?"
"Yes, I had cereal."
"Okay good. Let's talk shall we?"
"Sure Mommy." We sat on her bed that was just made up because she was once again rushing. I don't know why she was rushing to clean and I don't know why her room was so dirty. When I went in there to tell her good night it was super clean.
"Remember how we went to dinner with Tucker last night?"
"Yeah and he gave me a present and an envelope."
"Did you open it?"
"Nope."
"Go read it afterwards. But Mommy wants to tell you something that might make you a bit angry inside or sad. And I want you to know that you could ask me questions and talk to me about it."
"What."
"Tucker and I are a little bit more than friends my love. We're in something called a relationship."
"Like boyfriend and girl friend?"
"Yes love. Just like that." I knew it!
"I don't like it very much."
"Why?"
"Because, I don't like it." Then Mommy and I sat without speaking.
"I know it's a lots to grasp, and a lot to understand."
"It is."
"What do you not like about Tucker? I've never seen you act so hostile towards someone."
"What hostile means?"
"Like being angry with someone," I didn't answer the question and looked outside.
"Bella, I'm speaking to you. Track me."
"I don't wanna answer the question."
"How come?" Mommy grabbed a pillow and handed it to me.
"Because-"
"Because?"
"I don't want to make you mad with me, or sad."
"Bella, look at me." I started to cry into the pillow as Mommy put her arms around me and my head on her chest.
"Bella...It's okay."
"No it isn't."
"You and Noah come first before anything, I would never ever be in a relationship with someone and bring someone around if he makes you feel uncomfortable or upset. So you can tell me why you don't like Tucker, and I won't get mad my love."
"If you and Tucker are in a relationship you'll forget about me and Noah. I don't want you to forget about me. You said I'm your favorite girl."
"Sweet pea, I'll never forget about you no matter what happens. Okay? You'll always be my favorite girl."
"You p-promise? You promise I'm your favorite girl?"
"Yes, I promise." She gave me a kiss and put on her glasses.
"Why you put glasses on mommy?"
"So I can see my favorite girl better."
"You're funny because those glasses are for books!"
******
At a Café with Noah and Mommy
"Can I try it mommy?"
"Only a small sip." I took a sip of her coffee and made a face.
"Kind Of sweet and kind of bitter." I drank some of my pink lemonade as I waited for my food to come.
"I realized that you almost always get tenders when we go out to eat."
"Because I love chicken."
"And Noah always gets grilled cheese.. with bacon." We laughed and talked some more until our food came.
"Want some?" I said to Mommy.
"Oh no it's okay sweetheart, eat your food."
"I want to share my food with you because you share your food with me." Mommy took a fry and smiled.
"You're too sweet."
"Noah? You want one?"
"It's okay."
"Mommy, What are we doing after?"
"Do you guys want to see a movie?"
"Sure! Let's go see the grinch."
"The grinch?" I asked.
"That's a movie?"
"Yeah, it came out a couple of days ago."
"We can go watch it, I don't really care."
"Alright it's decided then, let's eat up so we can catch the next showing of the movie."
******
5:26 pm (Olivia's Perspective)
"I liked that movie. The grinch was funny and fat." Bella commented while taking a sip of my drink.
"Hands off my soda lady!"
"No." I tickled her until she said a yes.
"Everyone had fun today?"
"Yes!" My kids said in unison. I unlocked the car and my kids went in followed by me also going in.
"When we get home we have to have a family meeting about the next couple weeks."
"Why Mom?" Noah's asked.
"Because, you'll see when we get home."
"What's for dinner?"
"There's leftover chinese in the fridge love."
"Alright! I can't wait to eat it all!"
"You have to share with Noah."
"Okay. It's fair." My kids kept talking about various things afterwards such as, school, their activities, and their friends.
"Can I go to the sleep over with Jana? Pretty please?!"
"Is it just Jana?"
"No, it's Kylie, and Kayla too! They're gonna go do so many fun things. May I go?"
"When is it?"
"Next week Friday."
"Sure, you've been a very good girl for the most part. I'll let you go."
"Yay! Thank you Mommy!" She smiled and clapped her hands excitedly.
"Good things happen when you're nice."
"I know."
"So when will something good happen for me?!" Noah asked.
"In a trillion years." Bella laughed and Noah rolled his eyes playfully.
*****
Family Meeting (Bella's Perspective)
"Alright, everyone has eaten and everyone is happy right?"
"Yeah."
"Pretty much."
"So remember how we talked about how we're moving?"
"Yeah."
"We're going to start packing some boxes tomorrow, and I need you guys to start choosing your school clothes for the next couple of days so I can set them aside when I pack things away."
"Am I getting a new bed?"
"Yes, both of you are because you guys are getting bigger."
"So what will happen to the old stuff?"
"I'll give them away. You guys are getting new bedroom furniture also so I need you guys to choose which ones you want."
"Okay."
"What will happen to our toys?"
"They'll be put into boxes. And you guys can keep one comfort item and the rest will be packed away."
"That's fair." The kids and I kept discussing more aspects of the move so that they could understand stand everything that was going on ahead of time and lessen the stress. I can't wait to start this new journey with my little family unit.