Bella's Skating And NYE

December 28th (Olivia's Perspective)
"Mom, can you help?" Bella said cutely.
"Of course honey," I held both of her hands and helped her gain balance.
"Kylie! I'm getting it a little bit!"
"Come here." Before I knew it Bella was off and with her friends. Mommy doesn't matter that much anymore when friends are around.
"Axel!" The three of them joked around and I skated around the rink behind them.
"Mommy, why are you following us?"
"Just skating around."
"Nu-uh!" She laughed and the three of them went somewhere else. I just pulled a Fin. What's wrong with me? I laughed to myself and decided to give my daughter some space. Who was I to be constantly down her throat every minute? She's a good girl, when she wants to be that is.
"Hey Mom, look at Bella and Axel!" They held hands and were slowly spinning in a circle.
"They're just playing around Noah."
"Uh-huh. We'll go with that. Watch when they get older and they end up kissing each other all of the time."
"What do you know about that young man?"
"I've seen things." I raised my eyebrow and he skated away. Well that's another conversation for another day.
"Mother, we would like to eat lunch now. We're very hungry."
"Alright. Five more minutes, okay?"
"Okay!" They said.
*********
Shake Shack (Bella's Perspective)
My friends went home and it was just me and my family. We were just eating our food and talking.
"Bella, did you have fun?" I nodded and ate my sandwich.
"I saw you guys holding hands." I looked at Mommy and she gave me a kiss.
"Don't study him. He's just messing with you."
"I know, Mommy can I ask you a question?"
"Of course, you always can."
"Can I have your fries?" She laughed and she put some on my plate.
"I was sitting over here thinking that you were going to ask me something super drastic and you just wanted my fries. You like setting me up don't you?"
"I guess." She tickled me and I looked around the store.
"Mom, can we go shopping?"
"For what Noah?"
"Vans. Pretty please? I have my own money, and I have a 25 dollars off card."
"You do? Let me see?" He gave it to her and she inspected the both of them and his money.
"I can get shoes too?" I asked politely.
"Do you need new shoes?"
"No."
"Well there's your answer."
"So how come Noah can buy one?"
"Because, he's saving his money and working towards getting shoes."
"But I do chores too."
"Those are things you're expected to do. Noah goes above and beyond." I pouted and put my head down.
"Don't start. You got to go ice skating, did you not?"
"Did you not?"
"I did."
"Okay, so cut it out. Noah, what kind of shoes do you want?"
"The navy and light blue one's. I'll show you them when we get to the store."
"Alright, let's start moving so I could see these shoes you so desperately want." As she drove down to 34th St. I was pretty annoyed. I want shoes too! We went inside the store and I sat down as Noah showed Mommy the shoes.
"These look nice. I might get myself a pair."
"Mom, No!" Noah joked.
"Bella, come here." I ignored her and she rolled her eyes.
"I'm not dealing with this right now." I looked down at my feet as Noah tried on the shoes.
"Perfect fit! Go pay for them buddy."
"Okay!" When he was gone Mommy came next to me and sat down.
"I saw these pairs of vans on sale. Wanna try them on?" I didn't answer and she sighed.
"Okay, then if you want to be like that you'll get nothing." She walked away and turned back when she saw that I didn't care.
"I'm done Mom. Wanna go home now?"
"Sure. Come on."
**********
Bella's Bathroom (Olivia's Perspective)
Bella was brushing her hair and pulling it away from her face. I watched quietly as she ignored me.
"Ignoring me isn't helping the situation at all missy." She kept brushing her hair and put it in a ponytail. She then sashayed out of the bathroom and proceeded to lie down on her bed.
"Looks like we're being a little diva aren't we? That's not a good attitude to have." She opened a book and read it. I took it from her and she rolled her eyes.
"Do not roll your eyes at me." She rolled them again defiantly and I raised my eyebrows.
"Testy aren't we?"
"Why are you even here?"
"I wanted to talk to you and you're giving me an attitude."
"Because I don't want you here."
"Bella, I'm going to need you to cut it out. Now." She stopped and I took her iPad and her headphones.
"You're going to have to earn these back." She folded her arms and I sat next to her.
"Having an attitude gets you no where, do you understand that?" She opened her mouth to say something and I cut her off.
"And don't you dare get smart with me."
"Yes Mother."
"Stay in here until you're calm and your attitude is better. And fix your face." I left quietly and went to my bedroom. I had about an hour or two and then I was going to voluntarily go back to work.
"Hey Bella." She didn't speak to me and I sat up.
"Do you have something to say to me?" She didn't answer and I led her back into her bedroom.
"The times ticking. Come back when you have something to say." I closed the door and reviewed some files.
"That was quick. I was thinking that at this rate you'd be staying in your room all night. Have something you want to say to me?"
"Yes. I'm sorry for the way I acted."
"Sit here." She sat on the little pouf and I made eye contact with her.
"Being jealous isn't a great trait to have. People don't like jealousy because it brings out the nasty in people. I know you're not-"
"I wasn't jealous."
"So what was it?"
"I wanted shoes too."
"So you were jealous?" She started to cry and it was hard to have sympathy. I wasn't about to praise my daughter for exhibiting a negative attitude and being disrespectful.
"I don't wanna talk to you anymore."
"That's fine. Just don't expect to see your iPad anytime soon."
"I don't want it!" She slammed the door and I put my hand to my head. What am I going to do with this girl?!!
********
New Years Eve (Bella's Perspective)
I ate a strawberry and sat next to my Aunt.
"Hey love. How are you?"
"Good Aunty."
"That's good my love." She gave me a kiss and I watched tv with her.
"Aunty, what if I told you that I kissed a boy? Would you be angry with me?" I asked randomly. I was bored and I just felt like asking something crazy.
"Well...It depends. But I don't think the emotion would be sad. I'd want to know why and how that even happened..But you don't need to worry about that yet because you're not at that age. Okay?"
"Okay."
"I hope you're not thinking about those things yet." I shook my head and she laughed.
"Just curious?" I nodded and put my feet in her lap.
"Nothing's wrong with that either. It's okay to want to know things, because you are at an age where you're starting to learn things from your classmates and things like that. You can always talk to me if you don't want to talk to Liv, okay?"
"Uh-huh!"
"I love you honey."
"Love you too Aunty." I gave her a hug and went down to the kitchen. Noah was there.
"What are you doing?"
"Getting a drink.." he took out a capri-sun and he gave it to me. Then, he took one for himself.
"Thanks brother."
"Bella, let's play dolls!"
"Guys, go upstairs. The food's coming."
"Yum!" I went back upstairs and sat next to Uncle Carisi.
"You're getting so tall. You're probably going to be taller than Liv."
"Let's not go there." Mommy joked. The doorbell rang and she turned around.
"There's the food! I'll be right back." It was 10:30 and I was feeling a bit tired.
"Someone's getting tired."
"I'm not. I'm gonna make it to midnight this year. I really wanna!"
"You mean you wanna make it to midnight next year."
"Aww, Uncle Carisi!" I fake pouted and my Mom came upstairs with the food.
"Chinese!" Us kids got to eat first and my Mom gave me a big plate of chicken fried rice and sesame and orange chicken.
"Thank you Mommy!" I watched the tv as I ate and all of a sudden these people started kissing.
"Aw hell no," Uncle Fin covered my eyes and I laughed.
"I wanna see what they're doing Uncle Finny!"
"No. Before you start acting on what you see."
"But that's how people show love to each other, no?" I asked my Mother. She didn't answer my question and instead wiped my face.
"Nine years old and you still make a mess of yourself when eating. What am I going to do with you?" She kissed my forehead and put more food on my plate.
"Love me." I replied back. I sat in the couch and she put her arms around me.
"I always will. No matter what."