Bella's Spring Break

So basically, I'm on spring break! But I can't enjoy it yet because I have literally so much homework to do. You'd think the teachers would give us a break after the state test but they say they're trying to prepare us for 5th grade. Who cares though?
"You gotta finish up all that homework before you get to go to the beach today,"
"Yes Mom,"
"I think it's about time we start buying you another bathing suit. It's starting to look a bit tight on you."
"It is digging into my shoulder a bit.."
"I'll go look for a bigger one," I was on my ELA homework and it was a bit tricky. It was my last assignment and I wasn't sure exactly what I should do.
"Create a poem that represents your spring break." I said to myself.
"But it just started!"
"What just started?" Noah asked. While he was at Frost Valley it seemed as if he grew like a million inches. He was actually a bit taller than me now.
"So I have to write a poem about spring break but it literally just started."
"Well, we're going to the beach, that could be the start of your poem." I grabbed a pencil and started to write.
"The days sunny, sunny and warm."
"Don't write it like that Bella," he erased it and took the pencil from me.
"What was that for?"
"Look, write it like this." He wrote on the paper and it seemed a bit better than what I had written, but he didn't have to erase it like that.
"Why do you have that look on your face?" I finished a stanza and Mom came downstairs.
"Bella, why that look?"
"She's having an attitude because I tried to help her."
"I'm not a baby, I wanted to do it by myself. You could've at least asked if I wanted some help. Jeez." I put my homework in my folder and my Mom handed me another bathing suit. I was not very happy at the moment and it didn't help that they were just staring at me like I'm crazy.
"Thanks," I went into the bathroom to change and put the other one away.
"Bella, let's go."
"Yeah, Yeah. I get it, I'm coming. Don't have to yell."
"No one's yelling.."
"You're yelling in a quiet voice. Stop yelling at me."
"Okay, that's enough young lady. You've done enough today."
"And you've done enough yelling today, but I don't see you stopping." My Mom reversed the car and turned around.
"Come on! This isn't even fair!"
"You gotta take one for the team, if Bella wants to talk back to me and be disrespectful we're not going anywhere."
"Great Job Bella!"
"Shut up."
"Just wait until we get home young lady."
**********
Garden City, NY (Olivia's Perspective)
Bella has been having a serious attitude problem lately. It's getting to the point where it's beyond a joke and it's just insanely, immensely disrespectful. She went up the steps and I rested my hands on my hips.
"Bella Danielle Benson, get over here right now."
"No, I don't care about what you have to say!"
"Excuse me?! You know better than to speak to me that way." I followed her upstairs to the master bedroom and sat down on the bed with her,
"Can you get out?!" She said rudely.
"I understand that you're moody but that doesn't allow you to talk to me the way you are right now. I'm not one of your little friends. We're not going anywhere now because of your behavior." She looked at her hands and shrugged. I hate to be so strict, but this behavior doesn't fly with me at all.
"Give me your iPad." She folded her arms and got angry.
"Go get it, now." She went into the room and handed it to me.
"You're not getting it back until you learn to respect your elders. In addition to that, guess who gets to clean the pool today, pull the weeds, empty the dishwasher, and clean the bathrooms today." She sighed and rolled her eyes.
"And you're not eating until you finish all of those chores."
"What?! You're so unfair!" She stormed off and went downstairs. Something that I know for sure is that I certainly won't miss this disgusting attitude that Bella has. I went downstairs and saw Bella cleaning the pool. She was crying and I watched.
"Stop looking at me! You're just gonna stand over there and laugh at me!"
"Bella, now its time to stop. Bella, just go to your room. I can see that you're more than just upset." She stormed off to her bedroom and I followed again. She sat on the bed and I looked at her.
"Bella, you realize that your behavior today was very unacceptable, right?"
"Yes,"
"And you know that when you act that way that you'll be punished, am I right again?"
"Yes,"
"So, I want you to explain your side. I'm going to be free and fair, and I'm going to explain my side and we're going to talk about your punishment because I realize that I was being a bit too harsh. Okay?"
"Yes,"
"Explain yourself."
"I was annoyed that Noah erased my work because I'm not a baby and I wanted to write it my own way. And I guess I stayed annoyed..But you did yell at me."
"When?"
"When you were telling me to hurry up. You said it on a yelling tone like when I do something bad."
"So it was my tone?"
"Yes,"
"Okay, and I want you to know that I didn't meant or it to come off that way. We were running a tad bit late."
"Oh." I saw regret fill her face and she bowed her head in shame.
"I think that your punishment should be that you go and apologize to Noah, and do his share of the chores. I'm going to hold onto your iPad for a few days until your attitude changes."
"How am I having an attitude?" She said quietly.
"Talking back and being disrespectful, rolling your eyes. All of that."
"I'm sorry,"
"Show that you're sorry young lady. Actions speak louder than words, you're going to be 10 in a few months and it's best you learn that now rather than later."
"K."
"Can Mommy have a hug?" She nodded and she gave me a hug.
"I still love you and I will always love you no matter what, so I don't want you to cry and think that I hate you. Okay?"
"Okay Mom,"
"Go do your chores." She nodded and went downstairs calmly. This was much better than before. Maybe I need to take it down a notch sometimes?
***************
The Beach (Bella's Perspective)
The water was way too cold! I love the beach but cold water is not cool!
"Mama, it's cold."
"Aww, it isn't too bad." She held my hand as the water got deeper. Noah was off playing with Uncle Fin so it was just Mommy and me.
"Mama?"
"Yes honey?"
"I don't want to go back to school."
"Why honey?" She looked really worried and sad.
"Because I'm embarrassed to...I have to share a poem in class and I don't wanna."
"Why?"
"Because it's not good, so can I just stay home?" She sighed and splashed some water in my face.
"It's spring break Bella, loosen up! Have some fun baby!" I splashed my Mother back and it was fun.
"Ew, salty!"
"Haha!"
"Wanna see my trick Mommy?"
"Sure, show me honey. It must be amazing." I did a backflip in the water and my Mom smiled.
"Woah, that was amazing. How did you do that honey?"
"Jana taught me. I can't do a front flip though, it's way, way too hard. You totally can't do it Mommy, you need to be young. I don't want you to break your back Mama."
"Ahahahaha, you're very funny honey. Very funny."
"Where's Uncle Fin? I kinda want him here."
"Let's go look for him then."
"Mom, I think that boys are really special."
"How?"
"They do some really stupid things, and that's why they're sped."
"Sped?!"
"Trust me, you don't wanna know what that means."
*************
The Hammock (Olivia's Perspective)
Bella and I looked up at the night sky and it was just so tranquil. She was getting tired and I could tell. The little pauses in every sentence that she spoke, the little puff of air she'd let out when she wanted to close her eyes.
"Ready for bed?"
"No...I'm not. Just going to rest my eyes." She rested her arm in my chest and I couldn't help but give her a kiss.
"You see that star?"
"Which one?"
"That one right over there."
"It's a big one."
"Mhm, that's how much love I have for you and Noah."
"M." She replied.
"You're tired. Let's go to bed sweet pea." I helped her get in her feet and sent her away with a kiss and a good night.
"See you tomorrow Mama."
"Same to you my love." I stayed outside for a while. Observing stars and deeply reflecting.
"Mom?"
"Yeah Noah?"
"What are you staring at?"
"The stars, beautiful aren't they?"
"That seems a bit boring."
"Well, not to me." He sat next to me and looked up.
"Wanna make a wish on the star?" He asked excitedly.
"Why not?" We both closed our eyes for a couple of seconds and then opened them. Looking at each other.
"What did you wish for?" I asked.
"I wished for some fortnite skins. How about you."
"I wished for you and Bella to grow up to be the best that you guys can be."
"Why?"
"Because I love you both."
"Hm." I ruffled my son's hair and sent him to his bed. My sweet boy.