Bella's Results

Auditorium (Bella's Perspective)
They handed us our letters, some people got several, like Kylie and I, and some people got one. Like Kevin. I was nervous, What middle school did I get into? I hope Mom will be proud of me.
"Alright guys, on the count of 3. 1....2....3! Congrats!" I opened my first letter and it was cool.
"You've been accepted to Trinity School! Your academic prowess and overall good behaviors are one of a true Trinity student. We are looking forward to seeing you next school year!" Trinity is one of the BEST schools in NYC and I got in! I feel so happy, so proud of myself.
"Kylie. What about you?!"
"I got into Trinity!"
"Dear Bella Benson, You've accepted to be a Dalton School student next year!"
"Did we just get into the same schools?!"
"Basically." We talked with our friends and Axel, Kayla, Paisley and Paxton, got into Trinity and Dalton. Jana didn't get in but she was going to beg her parents to let her take the test over the summer so she could see if she gets in too.
"This is great!"
"So now the question is...do we stay at Westbury or go to another school." I looked at all of my letters and I wondered what I was going to choose. What if I don't make the right choice? What if things go wrong?
"We have until the 30th to choose where we want to go or if we want to stay."
"My mind's made up." Kylie said.
"What are you doing?"
"Either Trinity or Dalton."
"Same." Everyone else said. They were both really good schools. But, did I really want to leave?!
"Bella, what's your plan?" I looked down at the letters and shrugged.
"I'm not sure yet."
********
Amanda's Desk (Bella's Perspective)
"Aunty?"
"Yeah."
"I need your help. With a really big decision."
"What big decision?"
"The other day we got our school results back."
"Oh yeah! Liv told me, you're such a smart girl! Got into all of those schools."
"And that's exactly my problem. Which do I choose, or do I stay at Westbury?"
"Bella, I can't tell you which to choose. It has to come from the heart."
"But, I don't know."
"Do you want to go somewhere different?"
"Well, it'd be nice."
"Okay, so there's a start."
"Most of my friends were like Trinity because it's so good. But that's quite a ride away. Dalton is a couple blocks from my house. Also a good school."
"Are you ready to completely start over?"
"No, that makes me so nervous!"
"Well, do you want to go to Trinity?"
"Yes. I guess that's the answer." Basically all of my friends said Trinity. So at least I don't have to start over...again. Maybe it'll be good for me. I'll make some new friends, right?
"We're all really proud of you Bella! Olivia was so happy!"
March 20th
"So let me see!" I handed my Mom the letters and she put on her reading glasses.
"She got into a ton of schools Mom." Noah said. She read the letters with a smile on her face and then looked at me.
"Come here." I walked over and she gave me a big kiss.
"I'm so proud of you!"
"Aww Mom, don't cry!"
"I'm sorry, it's just that you kids make me so proud with your academics."
"We should celebrate! Let's to Olive Garden." Noah said.
"Do you want to go Bella?"
"Yes please. I haven't had chicken parmigiana in a long time."
***********
Our Spare Room (Olivia's Perspective)
"Hey Mom." Bella came into the room with a letter in tow.
"Another one?!"
"No, I've made my mind up."
"Okay, I'll be happy with whatever you choose." I opened up the letter and smiled.
"So you chose Trinity."
"Yeah. It's the best."
"Just like you. You're making me so proud baby."
"Don't cry again, you're being so dramatic!"
"I know. You guys are growing up." I sat next to her and she put her arm around me.
"I love you my girl."
"Love you too Mom. I'm gonna go get ready for gym. I'll see you in a bit."
"Alright." She walked out the room and I signed the letter. My baby's going to middle school. Too soon.
**********
My Bedroom (Kylie's Perspective)
"Yay so we're gonna be Trinity kids together!"
"Do you know who else is going?"
"Axel, Paisley and Paxton, and that's it."
"And then Kayla and Jana, and Jayden?"
"Dalton."
"Oh." I kind of felt upset that we were gonna split up, but Mom said this would be good for us.
"This is gonna be so cool! We get to take the train to school."
"Do you really think our parents would let us take the train?"
"Um...you're right. But, it's worth a shot."
"Lmbo."
"Why won't you just say lmao?"
"Because it's the appropriate version. If I say that around my Mom she'd probably ground me."
"Then just don't say it around her." We laughed and we sat down on my bed.
"Bella?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you have hair on your legs?"
"Nope." She lifted up her leggings and showed me her leg.
"Same as usual."
"You're so lucky." I didn't like the fact that I had a whole bunch on my legs. Though you couldn't see it because I'm a red-head, I still feel super embarrassed about it.
"I want to get rid of it."
"You could shave."
"Shave?"
"Yeah, my Mom does that every week with a razor. She told me all about it. Just ask your Mom."
"I'm nervous."
"Just go to her and be like, Mom, my legs look like Godzilla, can you teach me how to shave?" I tackled her and she hit me with a pillow.
"Pillow fight!"
"I swear Bella, I'm going to get you so good one day."
"I've barely gone through anything. Maybe when I get hair on my legs you can harass me."
"Bella!" We both giggled and then I got my computer.
"Let's play some games!"
"What game?"
"I dunno, we'll find something."
"Bella?"
"Yes Mr.Ashcroft?"
"Your Mom's 15 minutes away."
"Come on let's play quickly."
************
Ravagh (Bella's Perspective)
"Mom, when are the guests arriving?"
"Soon my love. Now, let's look at the menu and order some starters."
"Look Bella, they have stuffed peppers."
"Really?!" Even though it's a bit childish to me, I still really love stuffed peppers. Even though chicken tenders are my favorite food right now.
"Mom, can we get some?"
"Of course sweetheart, they sound amazing. Ground lamb with some rice and yellow peas."
"I've never had lamb before."
"It's amazing, trust me. And look our guests are here."
"Eli, you've gotten so big!"
"You don't remember Liv?! She practically was there for your birth!"
"Oh, I remember now! Nice to see you." They hugged and Noah and I were like..what the heck?
"Guys, you can introduce yourselves."
"Hi, I'm Bella."
"Hey." Him and Noah talked and they really hit it off. I felt kind of left out. Mom was talking to Elliot, and Noah was talking to Eli. I ate my stuffed pepper quietly and then stared into space.
"Bella? What do you want to order love?"
"Oh may I please have the chicken sultani with the white rice."
"Of course, and you Madame?" The waiter went away and my Mom looked at me.
"You've been really quiet. You okay?"
"Yeah." I didn't want to ruin anything for Mom because she seemed really happy, and she deserved it.
"So Bella, I heard you're going to middle school next year. Know where you're going?"
"Trinity."
"You got a scholarship to Trinity? That's amazing. Liv must be so proud."
"I am. Bella's such an intelligent little girl."
"You're very lucky, not a lot of kids get the opportunity. Do well, understand?"
"Yes sir." Though I still felt very left out, it was nice that someone was talking to me. It made me feel much better.
"Bella, chin up." She lifted up my chin and gave me a kiss. Sometimes I don't have self confidence, and when she does that, she's telling me to be more confident. She says when you sit up straight you look confident and know what your talking about. But I don't feel that way sometimes. For my own private reasons too. I don't tell Mommy certain things anymore, it's too embarrassing. It's hard to be confident.