Bella And Noah Have To Leave

I watched Mommy go to work and I felt kind of angry. Christmas is almost here and instead of Mommy telling us stories and having family time she had to go work.
"Love you guys."
"Love you too." We waved and I went up to my room. I had to go see my therapist soon anyways so I had to get ready. I didn't feel like going outside because it was cold but going to therapy isn't a choice. It something that Mommy would say is mandatory. I changed from my comfy clothes to some outside clothes and slid on some pink socks because I couldn't find purple.
"Bella, are you ready?"
"Yeah." I walked down the stairs and put on my shoes.
"Let's go guys." I sighed and walked out the house and up the steps.
"What's wrong Bella?"
"It's too cold out here."
*******
I came home from my therapist, counselor or whatever feeling a little bit better. These days I don't play with play-doh. I play with a board game or make up stories. My therapist asked me something important.
"I'm glad you feel slightly better. You know, I've been really proud of you lately."
"Why?"
"You've been improving a lot, your Mom said that home life has been very nice. With that being said, I want to ask you something."
"What?"
"Do you still want to do therapy? Or do you think maybe you're ready to handle your own feelings now?"
"I think I want to still do it."
"Bella come down for dinner." Dinner was probably grilled cheese as I could smell the sausages and other meats from my room. The smell made me happy and it was one of my favorite foods. Lucy knew that very well. I ran down the stairs to the dining room and to my favorite chair.
"Come grab your plate."
"I just ran all the way down here!" I took it and sat back down. Without even attempting to cool it down I took a big bite and blew out of my mouth to help cool it down.
"Bella, eat the way you were taught to please."
"Sorry."
"Geez, she isn't even taking any pauses. She must be really hungry."
"I am taking pauses." I stuck out my tongue and continued to eat.
"Drink some water,"
"When can I speak to my Mom?"
"Soon."
"That means never." Lucy then got a phone call and she got super serious.
"Alright. I'll tell them right now." She looked at us and put the phone down.
"Kids, I need you guys to choose some clothes for the next couple of days."
"Are we going somewhere?"
"I'll answer that later. Go get your duffel bags."
I wasn't sure why Lucy was being so serious and why I had to go get clothes but I listened. I went up to my room and picked out some pajamas and some different types of clothes. I started to fold them the way my mom showed me and put them in the bag.
"Good job!"
"Where's Mommy?" I asked sadly.
"I promise I'll explain in a little while. Can you go grab some shoes for me?"
"Yes Lucy." I could tell that this wasn't something good. If it was good Lucy would be excited and not super strict.
*********
East 59th Street (Olivia's Perspective)
"I have to go and work. You guys are going to go somewhere for a little while until it's over. Okay?"
"But you said you would be home for Christmas." Noah said sadly.
"Yeah." Bella added.
"I'll try my hardest. I will promise you that. Right now I need you guys to be strong for me and go with Lucy. Understand?" They nodded.
"Hugs and kisses." We shared numerous hugs and kisses and I picked Bella up for a short moment.
"You're getting heavy." She let out a small giggle and I rubbed her back.
"Mommy,"
"Yes?"
"What will happen to the Christmas surprise?" She asked with her head on my shoulder.
"It might become a after Christmas surprise."
"Aww. Mommy when you come and get us can you bring me something?"
"What?"
"A slice of strawberry cheese cake. I also want a big hug."
"I'll make sure to do that. Let's get in the car now." I set her down and gave her a kiss.
"Bye guys, I love you. Drive safe!" I waved as I saw my kids disappear down the road. My kids who had to be taken away so they can be kept safe and away from the threats that were being thrown at them in the city. My kids who might not be able to spend Christmas with their mother this year. I sighed and walked back to the precinct to continue working. What was I going to do with the kids surprise?
"Benson. Okay, I'm coming right now."
*******
"17 West 86th. Black door, send backup." I was finding it slightly hard to focus on my work as I kept think about Noah and Bella. Did Noah bring his 3ds?! Does Bella have her bunny or penguin?! I forgot to tell Lucy about some of their new habits. I somehow channeled that energy into my work.
"Hands where I can see them!" He turned around and pulled out a gun.
"Drop the gun!" He pointed the gun at his head with sweat dripping.
"It doesn't have to be this way. Let's put the gun down."
"SHUT UP."
"Look, we could both do this. I put it down, and you put it down. We could walk out of here peacefully."
"They all have their guns out there!"
"Trust me if you're with me they won't shoot." He broke a vase in anger.
"We can do this-"
"I DON'T CARE."
*********
Lucy's House (Bella's Perspective)
I took a big stretch because I just woke up from a nap. I was on a big fluffy bed and I looked around the room. There were pictures of Lucy when she was a little girl. This is Lucy's room.
"Lucy!" I heard her footsteps come up stairs and she smiled.
"Looks like someone is awake. Are you hungry?"
"A little bit. What time is it?"
"4:06." I stretched again and walked downstairs with Lucy. Noah was playing Mario Kart on his 3ds and I felt like joining.
"Where exactly are we?"
"My parents house. They're not here for the next 2 weeks and they gave me the keys."
I looked out the window at the yard. It was big!
"I know what you're thinking. But it's starting to get dark my love."
"Aww, tarter sauce!"