Bella And Her Dad

Monday, September 25th
I was almost done with my ballet practice. We were just doing stupid turns. 5 more minutes and then you get to go home.
"4 more minutes mon chérie. Let me see a turn Miss Bella."
"Oui Madame!" I did a turn and she smiled.
"Great job!" I pulled on my tights a little and smiled.
"Are they itching you?"
"Yeah! Can't wait to take them off." My dance teacher smiled and then looked at all the other kids.
"You guys are dismissed." And I ran off to go and change with Lucy, Lucy already had a blankie in her hand so she could cover me while I change.
"Let's do this quickly se we can go home and eat some dinner."
"Will Mommy Be home?"
"Yes, she told me that a while ago."
*****
Bedtime
"Mommy?"
"Yes?"
"Remember when you said that when I'm a big girl you'll tell me why I have little boops."
"Mhmm."
"Why can't you just tell me now?"
"Because, you're not big enough to understand. You have to be patient."
"I'll try. But that's really hard. It's like waiting for Halloween!" My mommy laughed and gave me a kiss.
"You just can't wait for that candy huh?"
"Yeah! I love candies! Mommy, who's at the door?" She made a face and turned around.
"Stay here, you understand?" I nodded as she got up and went to get the door.
"Dashon this isn't the best time." I heard. Who's Dashon?
"Mommy?"
"Everything's alright honey. Stay in your bed please."
"Just let me see her for one second."
"This isn't the time, we agreed on Saturday. Don't take another step!" Is he hurting my mommy?! I was scared so I ran to Noah's room.
"Noah, I'm scared."
"It's okay. Mommy will be fine." I heard the door slam loudly and then lock.
"Mommy! Mommy!" She came inside Noah's room and scooped me up.
"Bad man hurt mommy."
"I'm okay, no one hurt me. Please don't cry. Mommy's sorry you had to hear that." Noah watched quietly as mommy calmed me down.
"You're okay. You're okay. Mommy's okay and Noah's okay. Everyone's fine. Everyone's fine." Was all I heard mommy say until the world was gone.
***
September 26 (Therapy)
"Last night was super scary."
"It was? How?"
"I was getting ready to sleep and then some guy called Dashon knocked on the door and mommy said he wasn't supposed to be here. Then I heard mommy slam the door."
"Really?"
"Yeah, and I thought he hurt my mommy. It made me sad."
"What did your mommy say?"
"She said that she's sorry that I had to hear it and she said no one hurt her. But I was still scared."
"It's okay to be scared, I'd be really scared too."
"Have you ever been scared?"
"Well, one time I heard this really loud crash and I thought someone broke in. So I went downstairs with a bat and guess what?!"
"What?!"
"It was just my dad! He dropped his plate on the floor and it broke. Poor dad, I nearly hit him with his bat."
"Hahah. That's so silly! I wish I had a dad. Well I do but, I don't really know him or like him."
"Why don't you like him?"
"I don't wanna talk about it. It's just stupid."
***
September 30th (Bella Meets Her Dad)
"Let's get ready to go." My mommy said.
"I really don't wanna, but I'll get ready now." I went into the bathroom with her and she helped me take a shower.
"Thanks for being nice today."
"You're welcome. Mommy you keep tickling me!"
"Sorry honey. Alright lets get some clothes on."
"Carry me."
"You know, I'm going to stop carrying you soon. You're getting really big!" She picked me up and took me to my bedroom.
"I can't believe it's still hot! Like it's fall now!"
"I know right! What do you want to wear?"
"I want to wear my red Jordan's that Uncle Fin bought me."
"Alright, What color jeans?"
"I wanna wear the blue jeans. And then I could wear a red sweater Mommy!"
"Okay and then lemme guess, a red scrunchie too."
***
"He's coming in five minutes."
"I'm nervous."
"It's okay, I'll be right here the whole time sweet pea."
"Can I hold your hand?"
"Of course." A couple minutes later a man came. He was brown and he had his hair in a ponytail. He was wearing some jeans and a blue shirt.
"Look Bella."
"Hi Bella, I'm your dad." I didn't reply and just looked at my mommy.
"Bella you can say hi, it's okay."
"Hi."
"I heard you liked the color purple, so my wife bought you this." I looked into the bag and it was a purple bracelet that said Bella on it.
"Thank you."
"I really miss you Bella, I know I haven't been there for you very much but I think about you every single day."
"Oh, that's nice I guess."
"I know you must be really angry with me."
"I am. You leave me with other mommy." I looked up at mommy and she knew I was going to cry.
"Let's not talk about that anymore Dashon." He's Dashon?! He hurt my mommy?!
"Sorry."
"Bella, let's tell your um father about yourself."
"I like dolls."
"What kind of dolls?"
"American girl dolls and Barbie dolls. I like them so much, I always buy them after I save my money."
"Yeah, she's a doll lover! My little sweet pea." She said as I ate some of her fries.
"What else do you like?"
"Gym. I like doing cartwheels with my brother."
"Oh you're a gymnast?"
"Yes, I like being a gymnast. It's super fun! I just wish that sometimes mommy would come more."
"Aww."
"What if I came to see you?"
"I don't know. That would be kinda weird." I looked and mommy and she could tell I didn't want that.
"What if We both came sweet pea?" No! That's even worse. Gross! I didn't even want to meet him!