Bella During The Week Pt.2

"Let's go home sweetheart."
"Sissy!" She walked over quietly and waved with no emotion. She didn't have the same smile that she'd usually have when I would pick her up.
"What's wrong sissy?" Noah asked.
"Just not happy." She looked at me and put her arms up. I picked her up and gave her a kiss.
"What's wrong baby? Is it from this morning?"
"No that was different."
"Let's talk about it at home okay?"
"Okay."
"Mommy, can we go to the bakery or something? Pretty please?" Noah asked while jumping up and down.
"Why not?"
"Mommy!"
"Yes Bella? What's the matter? Bella, why are you crying?" She cried into my shoulder as we walked towards the car.
"I hope she feels better. I don't like it when she's sad."
****
"I don't know what happened, but I'm here for you. I'm ready to listen to you."
"First, you weren't home two times this week after you said you would. And then, then school wasn't nice. Then I get sad. Then I want mommy!" I rubbed her back as she started to calm down.
"Say that again?"
"School wasn't nice."
"How come?"
"Because, I wanted you! And I had a bad day. I had to sit in the corner! I never sit in the corner." I was confused but I tried my hardest to understand what she was saying.
"You wanted mommy to be there? And you were upset this morning because I didn't tuck you in the other day." She nodded and rubbed her eyes. Aww, she just missed me. That was all. She got angry because she didn't see me a lot.
"Mommy had to work extra, I'm sorry. But you don't have to yell at me the way you did. That isn't nice or respectful. Did I teach you to be that way when something gets you upset?"
"No mommy."
"Next time just tell me you feel this way okay?"
"Yes mommy."
"Now, let's go do bath time."
"Bubbles?"
"We have to wash your hair today."
"Oh." She touched her hair and then scratched it.
"What kind of shampoo do you want to use little lady?"
"Mango. I want my hair to smell like mangoes." She stuck out her tongue playfully and went into her dresser to get some pjs.
"What kind of pjs are we doing today?"
"Shorts and short t-shirt." She gave it to me so I could inspect it. I nodded and she carried them into the bathroom with her.
"I'm coming in a minute sweet pea." I smoothed her bed and when I did I felt something under the covers. What is that? I thought I told her no eating on the bed. But it wasn't a wrapper. It was a note. From the handwriting I could tell it was from another 6 year old.
"You're my best friend." I whispered.
"Wonder who this is from." I put it on her side table and went into the bathroom. Bella was waiting patiently in the tub for me.
"You took your hair down too? And you got all the shampoo out? Thank you munchkin." I turned on the water and started to wash Bella's hair. Bella started to talk after a while.
"Mommy, we look very different!"
"Yeah we do."
"I wish I could be white like you."
"White like me?"
"Yeah, and have blonde hair!"
"I think you're beautiful just the way you are."
"But I'm so dark."
"Bella, did you know that people literally sit in the sun the be the same color as you? People want to have your skin color. Isn't that special?"
"Why would they do that?"
"Because they want to be like you." She shrugged her shoulders.
"Oww!"
"Sorry."
"See, you don't have to hurt when you wash your hair. It's so easy for you."
"Bella." Poor girl. It looks like we have to have that talk about self-love.
"Believe or not boo boo it isn't fun having straight and thin hair."
"How? It's so easy."
****
Bella's Perspective
"Good Night Noah!" I gave him a hug and kiss.
"Good night Bella." I went back into my room where mommy was.
"Let's talk about something called self love."
"That means love yourself?"
"Yes, good job."
"Do you know how you could love yourself?"
"No."
"Well, you can not complain about your hair for one. Instead of complaining you can say how beautiful it is and love that about yourself."
"That's hard."
"I know huh? Maybe we can do some hairstyles that'll make you love it. What about that?" I nodded and looked at mommy's phone.
"I like that one. It has some up and some down. It looks so pretty."
"Then I'll do it for you tomorrow before I leave for work."
"Mommy I know another way I could love myself."
"What way?"
"I could love my skin! Look at these pretty freckles."
"They are cute. Now let's go to bed okay? It's 8 now."
"Okay mommy. Kiss my bunny." She gave it a kiss and she tucked me in.
"Good night. I love you." She gave me a kiss and then said,
"Do you want your lamp on?"
"Yeah."
"Love you mommy."
"Love you too." After she left I didn't go to sleep. Instead I got My American girl doll and brushed her hair.
"We have to do your hair because you're going to a party tonight!" I looked for an outfit for her to wear and put it on. Purple is the best color for a party.
*****
Friday Morning
"I love you like a love song baby."
"And I keep hitting repeat." I giggled as mommy sang the song with me.
"You're a good singer! Mommy, why did you become a cop instead of a singer."
"Well, I wanted to help people sweet pea." She put some spray in my hair and set me down.
"Why?"
"Because I like helping people who are in need. Go eat your pancake little lady."
"Sure! Where's Lucy?"
"She's coming."
"Mommy, will you be home for dinner?"
"I'll try my hardest Noah."
"Noah, during recess are you making sandcastle again?"
"I dunno."
"Sandcastles?"
"Yeah we make super big castles!"
"That's so cool. How about you guys show me next week."
"Next week?"
"Yes. I won't be home this weekend."
"But mommy!"
"I have to work Okay?"
"It's isn't fair!" My brother said.
"Things won't always go your way guys. I need you guys to understand that."