Bella Feels Off

"You've been really well behaved." Aunty Amanda said to me.
"Because, you gave me a blue lollipop!" She laughed and rubbed my back.
"Are you hungry? We can go get some grub."
"Yes please! Mommy has been giving us salads and other healthy things. All I wanted was a chicken nugget. If she had given me one nugget I'd keep eating her salads!" We laughed together and then my stomach growled super loudly.
"Let's go get you something to eat."
"Can we have burritos? They have vegetables in them. Mommy won't get mad at us!"
"Sure honey. Do you want to come or wait with your Mom?"
"I think I wanna wait with Mommy! Maybe I can asked her if she ate a salad."
"Alright. I'll be back."
"Kay Aunty Amanda." I went over to my mom and she put up a finger because she was on the phone.
"Okay, I'm coming right now." She put down the phone and grabbed her jacket.
"Gotta work?"
"Yes, where's Amanda."
"Buying our lunch."
"Alright, go sit in the break room with your new book. When I come back I want you to tell me a summary of what you read."
"Aww man! It's my day off, why do I need to do work?"
"Gotta stimulate that brain buddy."
"Kay, I'll read it! Until I get my burrito!"
"Alright my love. Gotta go. Be good." She gave me a kiss and then left.
"Bye!"
"Bye sweetie." As she left Aunty Amanda was coming in!
"My burrito!" She smiled and walked into the break room with me.
"Is it chicken?"
"Just the way you like it." She took out mine and set it right in front of me.
"Yum! I can't wait to eat it!" I prayed in my head as she took out the sprite.
"This smells super good." I said while chomping into it.
"Take your time."
"Aunty Amanda, did you used to like school?"
"I did. I really loved ELA class."
"Lunchtime is my favorite part of the day."
"You're always eating, but what is your favorite part of the day? For real."
"My favorite part of the day is when we have D.E.A.R."
"What's that?"
"It's when we read for like 30 minutes. It's my favorite part because I got a new book to read and I get to read it then."
"That's nice."
"And then my favorite class is Math! I love doing fractions because they're so easy. I also like helping my friends when they don't understand."
"That's very nice of you, you know when you have the knowledge it's great to share that knowledge with everyone around you."
"Yeah, and it feels good also. It's like sharing the love."
"It is like sharing the love. Are you done with your burrito?"
"Yeah, I'm saving it for later.
"I gotta get back to work, you can come and sit next to me."
"Okay, then I get to draw you." She smiled and helped me clean up.
"Your drawing is going to look really pretty!"
******
Living Room (Olivia's Perspective)
"It's cold Mommy. Can you turn on the heat?" My daughter asked. She was reading her book next to me and leaning on my shoulder.
"The heat is on. It's just warming up sweet pea. Come under the blanket in the meanwhile."
"Okay."
"Do you wanna talk about something?" She shrugged her shoulders and continued to read. I felt as if I was losing my daughter to this entire books series.
"How school?"
"Same as always. You ask me that like every single time I see you. That question gets boring." She did have a point.
"Okay, wanna play a game?"
"No thanks." Bella, doesn't want to play a game?! This can't be the real Bella.
"Watch a movie?"
"Movies are for little kids."
"Okay....." Lucy had informed me beforehand that Bella has been acting slightly strange, but I wanted to know to what extent the strangeness was. Let me say that this is extremely strange.
"Do you want to draw something in my coloring book?"
"No thank you." She kept reading and I sighed.
"Bella, can you stop reading for a second please?" She looked up and waited.
"What's wrong?"
"I was about to ask you the same thing."
"Nothing's wrong with me."
"Bella never says no a game or a movie. Not unless somethings wrong."
"I'm okay. Just not today."
"Tired?"
"No, I just feel a little bit different."
"Different how?" She shrugged and looked out the window.
"Bella, you can tell me how you feel."
"I just don't feel the same. I feel off Mommy."
"Everyone has an off day every once in a while. It's completely normal."
"I just don't like the feeling of it. I feel kind of like a different person."
"A different person?"
"Yeah, I guess." She shrugged again and I put my arm around her.
"Sometimes, it could be that you're off or it could mean that you're starting to grow up a little."
"Grow up?"
"People change everyday, and people grow with every change. You get what I'm trying to say right?"
"Yeah, but I don't think I'm growing up. I just think that maybe today's not my day." My daughter gave me a hug and I put my arms around her in return.
"Aww baby. Maybe tomorrow's going to be your day. It's okay." I gave her a kiss on the forehead and she looked up at me again. I breaks my heart to see sadness in those green eyes.
"Are you sure you don't want to do something?"
"Can we try?"
"Of course."
**********
Menchies (Bella's Perspective)
I haven't been feeling like Bella for about two days now. I don't even really know why. I just woke up one day not feeling like myself.
"Are you enjoying your ice cream?"
"Yeah, it's okay."
"Okay? This is your favorite flavor of ice cream."
"I know." My mother sighed out loud an extremely big sigh. She's been trying to get me to my normal self. But it hasn't been working. For a moment I thought of the burrito that I had with Aunty Amanda a week or two ago. I was the real Bella that day.
"Do you want to go to a trampoline park?"
"No thank you." I finished my ice cream and looked down at the cup.
"Do you have any new interests Bella?"
"No, I just don't feel like doing much of anything Mommy."