Bella Hates To Ruin

1 Month Later (Diary Entry)
10....10...10! I'm going to be 10 and I'm not sure how to feel. Will it be different? Well, every birthday feels the same for the first few days. Will I feel different right away?! I hope so. I really want to be 13. Because, 13 sounds like a big change.
"Bella?" I turned around to my mentor and smiled. We were in my living room with my Mom, brother, and Aunt Amanda. We had just got inside from lunch and we were talking.
"I've got to get going now, but it was so nice to have lunch with you all!" Ms.Hinds said. I gave her a hug and she gave me a kiss on the cheek.
"Be good for your Mom, and I'll see you next week. Tell all the kids that I miss them."
"Okay! Have fun in Trinidad!"
"I will. She gave me one more hug, and my mom and Aunt told her a goodbye. Noah waved and they all came back inside.
"She seems like an amazing role model for Bell."
"She is, she's learned so much from her. Her self-confidence is coming back." I wrote in my diary some more and closed it for good.
"Mommy?"
"Yes love?"
"When are we moving into the new house?"
"In a month or two." I rested my head on my Aunt and she smiled. They talked about renovations and how things are moving along well. They haven't gotten to my room yet, but I was thinking of painting my room the same colors, or even blue. I've been starting to like blue and yellow lately.
"Bella, how about you go get a board game from the basement."
"Sure." I picked candy land and came back upstairs.
"A classic!"
"Jesse! Come down and play."
*********
Jessica's Slumber Party
We were swimming in her pool in her big mansion a couple of blocks away from my house. Like, she had a full pool in her house! Jessica is one of Kylie and I dance friends and she invited us to her party and sleepover.
"Having fun?" Mr.Drey asked.
"Yes sir!" Jessica has two dads. I never knew someone could have two dads, but I guess it's pretty cool. I had a race with all of the girls and I came in 3rd. Not so bad for a girl like me. Not only that but I won a small trophy thing.
"Okay girls, maybe it's best to start showering?"
"We're not ready for bed yet!" We said
"Oh, we're nowhere near bedtime. But, we will start to settle in for the night." So we all dried off and went to go shower in different bathrooms all over the house. Close friends got to shower in Jessica's room. So that's where I ended up.
"So basically, at my school there's these 3 guys that everyone likes."
"Uh-huh." Kylie said.
"And everyone's fighting like some sort of crazy person. I don't get it though. Why like boys?"
"Exactly. I don't get it either. I feel like all they do is cause drama. Trust me, I know."
"I can't believe Kayla still doesn't realize that you don't like him. She needs to get over it already."
"Right."
"What happened with Kayla?"
"Okay, so basically around Halloween she kept talking about this guy named Carter. And Bella was going oh and okay because she didn't give a crap, like she's always talking about him. And she thought Bella didn't care because she was jealous and she didn't want to talk to Bella. They talk now but, heh."
"She really needs to calm down." I said.
"I didn't like the way she treated you." Kylie added.
"Wow, I never knew Kayla was like that. I haven't seen her in a while because she's doing that ballet school program. I think boys are getting to her head."
"You could say that again." I slid on my top and the other girls were allowed to come into Jessica's big room. We all started painting each other's nails and talking about dance.
"I can't believe I actually won first place with my solo. I thought I did terrible."
"You did so good Presley!"
"Yeah right, my turns were so bad." She said.
"Hey guys, did you know that we're going to have another boy at our studio?"
"Really?" Tiara said.
"Yep. Heard Miss Marie talk about him the other day. Sounds like he's better than all of us."
"She tends to like new people more than the people that have been with her for years and it isn't fair."
*********
December 4th (Olivia's Perspective)
I walked into my room to see my daughter with my computer, doing homework. I smiled and she looked up at me.
"Good evening Mom."
"Good evening Bella. What are you doing?"
"Typing an essay."
"Lemme see." I read it and fixed some grammatical errors in her work.
"Other than that, it's just perfect."
"Thanks."
"So How was school today?"
"It was okay, not good or bad. No drama, it was just chill I guess." She smiled and looked around.
"Mom?"
"Mhm?"
"Can I ask you something?"
"Of course. How about we go downstairs and grab some ice cream?" Ice cream in our household is so important. We eat it whenever we're having serious conversations, or when we're just trying to have fun.
"You know what they say?" I asked my daughter as she ate her Oreo ice cream.
"What?"
"Ice cream is a girl's best friend. What do you think about that?"
"I think it's true. And chocolate." We laughed together and I put down my bowl.
"So, what did you want to ask me?"
"I wanted to ask you if we could go outside sometime. And just kind of talk."
"Honey, Of course. Is there something special you want to tell me?" She shrugged her shoulders and my heart melted.
"Wait and see Mom."
"Alright. I'll wait and see." We continued to eat out of the carton and speak.
"That's the best one! That's my favorite!" As my daughter has gotten older and we've been able to relate more and more and I love it. That subtle shift from being a kid and not understanding to still being a kid but yet having this sense of maturity that I haven't even seen in my son yet. It's been beautiful to witness.
"I didn't know you watched those shows."
"Sometimes Disney and nick get a bit boring. I like watching people build their houses." I laughed and she gave me a hug randomly.
"Thanks for the hug."
"You're welcome!"
"My happy girl."
"I wanna braid your hair! Because Lucy was teaching me how to do it the other day."
"Okay.." I was nervous but this would be a learning experience for her. She grabbed my hair and started to braid on my scalp.
"Did I do good?!"
"You started off really well, but you got loose around here. Other than that, you did great!" She smiled and played around. My love!
"Okay! Thank you." She looked around the room and then picked up her American girl doll. Soon, she wouldn't want to play with that anymore.
"I'm going to practice on her hair! Because she has a small noggin!"
*************
After School With Ms.Hinds (Bella's Perspective)
"Hey Ms.Hinds."
"Hey babe." I sat near her desk and started doing my homework.
"Don't you have guitar today?"
"Well, Yeah. But my teacher is sick, so I called and asked Lucy if I could stay."
"Oh, okay. As long as it's okay with her and your Mom."
"Mom likes you." She smiled and played with my hair.
"Lemme tell you something sweetheart." I looked up and she started to speak.
"Don't ever perm this beautiful hair of yours. Understand me?"
"Yes Ms.Hinds."
"You have beautiful, naturally curly hair. People wish they could have your hair!"
"Thank you."
"Do you like your hair?"
"Well, at first when I was like 4 and 5 I didn't. Because it hurt to wash it and comb it out. But I'm okay now."
"Takes time."
"I used to say,'my hair is mean to me'!" We both laughed and she gave me a cuddle.
"So, is there anything in particular that you want to talk about?"
"Well, nothing really happened. How was your week?"
"It was good. Spent some time with my roommate."
"You have a roommate?"
"Yeah, Tiffany. Wanna see?" She showed me a picture of them and I smiled.
"She's pretty." I ate my donut finished my homework.
"It's 4:30, want me to drop you home?"
"Yeah."
"Okay let me text Lucy." Lucy said it was okay and we were leaving the building together.
"Ms.Hinds?"
"Yeah?"
"I think you give great advice."
"Thanks babe." I had a bad thought and I closed my eyes tightly. I wanted to forget it so bad!
Flashback
"Please. It really hurts..." I said as he came towards me.
"We're just gonna play a game." I started to cry as he made me touch him. It was so nasty.
Present Day
"Bella?" Lucy opened the door and I ran upstairs to my room, embarrassed about what just happened. I can't tell her! I'm not gonna ruin it and make her think I'm a weirdo. I put down my bag and slammed myself into my beanbag. I grabbed my comfy pillow and cried into it. I hate myself.
"Bella..." I looked up and she was there, sitting on my beanbag.
"What happened? Because you just all of a sudden started to cry, and I don't understand what went wrong. We've made good progress and I know you wouldn't just do this for no reason."
"No, I can't do this." I whined.
"No whining." She said strictly. I went into my bathroom and locked my door.
"I'm not doing this! It's going to ruin everything!" I yelled.
"Calm down."