Bella's Dilemma

Monday, October 21st (Bella's Perspective)
It was a bit chilly outside. Which makes sense because it is fall after all. After taking my warm shower I put on jeans, a shirt, and a sweater. I walked down to the 1st floor to the kitchen quietly.
"Look at you," Mommy said. She had her robe on and was making pancakes. Something we rarely have on a school day.
"Did you fix your hair?"
"Nope."
"I'll fix it when you finish eating. Eat quickly." I ate properly but quickly, barely getting a chance to eat my pancakes the way I loved to and went to the powder room in the basement with Mom.
"How about we just do a pony?"
"Kay." She got some grease and put it all over my hair before pulling it back and struggling with the hair tie. I have so much hair, I should probably get a haircut because it's such a pain.
"Thanks."
"Welcome." I went to go wash my plate and make lunch. Today I was only making it for myself because Noah was going on a trip and he planned on buying something from wherever he was going.
"Mommy, where is the mayo?"
"On the left!" I took it and spread it over the slices of bread. Then I washed some lettuce and tomato  and put it on top. I put on honey turkey and spicy turkey then put the other slice of bread on top.
"Good job, it looks fantastic."
"Thanks Mommy." She handed me a juice, and a water bottle. I put in some snacks and closed my lunchbox.
"I wonder why you don't make lunches more often."
"Because Noah does it."
"See. I told you Noah loves you a lot."
"He has a nice way of showing it." She laughed and gave me a kiss.
"Noah! Let's go!" My mom yelled.
"Can I have a sip?" I asked.
"You know coffee isn't for you."
"A lot of things aren't for me, but I still want to try them." My Mom laughed hard and I tilted my head.
"What's so funny Mom?"
"Nothing. You crack me up sometimes." Noah came downstairs and we left for school.
***********
Lunchtime
"Bella, do you know what you're gonna be for Halloween?"
"I kind of want to be Selena Gomez."
"Guys, guys! I'm having a Halloween party, do you guys wanna come?" Jana said loudly.
"Yeah, That sounds fun."
"Jaden, you wanna come?" Kayla said to him.
"I wanna. I don't know if I could."
"But why? We're gonna have so much fun." He shrugged and went to get more water.
"Poor Jaden." Kylie said.
"I wonder what's wrong with him. I'm gonna ask him when he comes to my house Friday." I said quietly.
"But, about the party. It's on Halloween of course-"
"Wait, huh?!"
"It's a Halloween party Bella, don't be silly." Mommy wanted to take me trick-or-treating because Noah was going with his friends. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
"I dunno if I can go."
**********
The Squad Room (Olivia's Perspective)
"Hey Babe. You still wanna be Selena Gomez for Halloween?" She sat down quietly and didn't answer.
"Babe? What's up?"
"I don't know what to do."
"About what?"
"Never mind."
"You know once you tell me, I'm going to keep asking you what's up." She wasn't wrong.
"Just never mind."
"Okay. How was school today?"
"It was great! It was so great without the 5th graders and middle school." I smiled as my daughters expression changed. She told me about the new things they learned and other things she happened to pick up on the way.
"Is it true that if you lie you go to hell?" Bella asked me.
"If that was the case I think a lot of people would go."
"So if you lie you won't?"
"I think personally, that if you don't lie a lot you won't go to hell. Sometimes there are situations where you have to lie to save people, or something else."
"I agree with you."
"As long as your heart is in the right place, you won't go to hell. Okay?" She nodded and continued her homework.
"What are you doing for Halloween?" I asked Mommy.
"Well, it's just you and me. We could do some trick-or treating and then grab a bite to eat."
"Mommy,what's up with you and Tucker?"
"We're going through some things."
"Going through it huh?" She said. I nodded and she stared into my eyes.
**********
Friday (After-School) Bella's Perspective)
"Jaden, let's do our homework."
"Sure."
"Lucy, we'll be in the basement."
"Alright, when you guys are done I'll have a snack ready." I smiled as we went downstairs.
"Okay, what do you wanna do first? There's ELA, and-"
"I don't want to do any of it." I put my pencil down and sat closer to him.
"What's wrong, you seem sad."
"I don't know if I can talk about it."
"I won't tell anyone, not even Kylie or Kayla or Jana. I promise. Nobody at all. Pinky swear." I held out my pinky and we pinky swearing.
"My parents are fighting, and they're getting a divorce."
"Oh, I'm sorry." I said quietly.
"I don't want them to get one, I want us to be a big happy family." He started to cry and I gave him a hug.
"It's okay to get sad. You know, I know someone you could talk to.
"Who?"
"My Mommy. She always listens. And she gives really good advice."
"But she's a cop.."
"She won't say anything about you guy's talk unless you want to hurt yourself, someone else, or someone is hurting you."
"Really?"
"Yeah." I gave him her card and he smiled.
"You're a really good friend Bella." I nodded and we started doing our homework. He started to laugh a little and it made my heart warm. I like to see my friends happy.
"Kids, do you want a snack?"
"Yes Lucy!"
**********
Bedtime
"Mommy, you're home!"
"Hey sweetheart."
"Mommy, we need to talk."
"You always talk to Mom, let me talk to her first." He said as I tapped her butt.
"Mommy has a big fat butt." Lucy and my Mom laughed.
"Alright, Alright. Let me talk to your brother and then you could talk to me and stuff later."
"Kay. I'm going to play with Chase. Come on, boy! Let's play!"
"Woof, Woof!" I grabbed a ball and he literally jumped up at it.
"It's too late for that." Chase whined and so did I.
"Take it to the guest room."
"Woof!" We went up the stairs and when we got to the room we played.
"I'm tired now. Are you tired too boy?" He licked me and I giggled.
"You're so cute." We went up to my room and he hopped onto my bed.
"Let's read a book!" His favorite book was diary of a wimpy kid too. Dogs can't read so I had to read it to him. He got really excited whenever I read certain parts.
"Bella, I'm ready to talk when you are."
"Hey Mommy!" She sat down on my bed and waited for me to speak.
"I have Jaden you number so you guys could talk.
"How come? Did something happen?"
"He's sad right now because his parents are getting a divorce and they keep fighting around him. I told him you're a good listener and that you could probably help him."
"That was so kind of you. You're such a great friend. Matter of a fact, I'll go and talk to him in person. Maybe that'd be better."
"Okay, whatever makes Jaden feel all happy again. I don't like to see him grumpy and sad, he's my friend! Friends don't let other friends be sad! They help each other out!"
"That's right, friends help each other out. I'm so proud of you! It's getting late so let's get ready to sleep."
"Sure." She gave me a kiss and left my room.
"Night."
"Night Mommy." As I tried to fall asleep, I couldn't help but think about Jaden. How was he doing right now, I'm real time? Is he sad? Is he mad? Are his parents fighting? I hit my forehead repeatedly to make the thoughts go away.
"Maybe I'm worrying too much."
************
My Bedroom (Jaden's Perspective)
"No, you're not taking Jaden with you! His whole life is here, I don't care if you go and sleeping around with these women, but the last thing you're going to do is ruin our sons life. You've hurt our family enough!"
"He'd rather live a happy comfortable life with me than with you, you're almost always working."
"Better than you taking him to the other side of the country and having to start over!" Please, can you guys just stop fighting already? Just stop!