Bella Opens Up

August 20th
I left gymnastics feeling really happy with myself.
"Lucy, I finally did a back flip! I'm so proud of myself."
"That's amazing sweetie! Are you gonna tell your mom when you see her Friday?"
"Yeah! I have to. Noah! Noah, I can do a backflip!"
"That's so cool! Can you teach me?"
"I don't think I'm a good teacher." He held my hand as we went to go get some Menchies.
"How come we getting a treat and it isn't even Friday."
"I just thought it'd be nice. You guys have been really well behaved these past couple of days."
"Thank you Lucy!" We both said.
"Let me guess, Bella wants cookies and cream with some chocolate, and Noah wants Strawberry and Vanilla."
"Yeah! I love cookies!"
"Strawberry's better."
"No it isn't."
"Have you even tried it."
"Well...No."
"Then how about you try some Bella?" She gave me a spoonful and it tasted okay.
"It isn't as good as cookies and cream but I like it." I smiled at Noah.
"Finally, you like good ice cream."
"Now you have to try cookies and cream."
"No."
"But Noah it's only fair."
"She has a point."
"Oh alright fine." I put some toppings on my yogurt and then put it on the scale. We found a table right at the window where I like it.
"Try just a little." Noah looked really nervous as he ate the yogurt.
"Eh. It's okay." I shrugged my shoulders and gave him a kiss.
"Awww."
***
12am
"What are you doing up young lady?" Mommy caught me as I went into the kitchen.
"Nothing."
"What were you looking for?"
"I just get water." She picked me up and grabbed a water bottle.
"You need to go to sleep."
"I wanna sleep with you."
"You can't mommy needs her bed tonight. She's super tired."
"But please."
"Another time okay?" She tickled me in and gave me a kiss.
"Good night. I love you."
"Love you." When she was gone I went back into the kitchen. I wanted a cookie so I climbed up to the top cabinet.
"Cookie!" I ate one happily.
"Bella!" Mommy was there angry.
"Cookie?" I gave one to her.
"Throw it away and let's go." She took it out my hand and picked me up.
"I wanna sleep with mommy."
"You might as well. You keep doing naughty things. You don't eat cookies after dinner." Mommy scolded me.
"I won't do it again." She sat me on the bed and turned off the lights. I gave her a kiss and closed my eyes.
****
Thursday (Olivia's Perspective)
Bella was crying and I couldn't comprehend why.
"What's wrong?"
"I don't wanna go with him! Please don't make me go."
"Who? What happened?"
"My dad. Don't make me go!"
"What are you talking about?"
"Someone at the park was trying to take me to see my daddy! But I don't want to! I want to stay with you."
"Who? What did they look like?" I sat her down on my bed and she took a deep breath.
"Man at the park. He was wearing black jeans and sneakers and a dark blue coat. He tried to take me away! He said I was going to see my real parents. Then I screamed and ran off to My teacher."
"This happened at school?"
"Yes. Don't make me go please!"
"You're not going with him. You did the right thing by screaming and running as fast as you could. And then you came and told me. I'm proud of you."
"But what are you gonna do with the guy mommy?"
"I'm going to make sure he doesn't get near you. What did he look like? Was he black or white? Light or dark. What color eyes. That kind of stuff."
"He was chocolate, and he had brown eyes. And he had a number on his face."
"What number?"
"6. Number 6 on his face. It was really scary. He touch me too!"
"He touched you where?" I scrambled to look for bruises or any sign Bella being harmed in any other way.
"Stop mommy." Bella started to fuss.
"Did he touch you in an inappropriate way?"
"No. He grab my hand but when I scream he let go. It made me feel a bit uncomfortable."
"I'm going to make sure this guy doesn't get this close to you ever again."
***
I opened my office door to see Bella's lawyer there with a serious face.
"Come on in."
"Thanks. I have some news for you."
"I have a feeling I know exactly what it is." I sighed and sat down.
"Bella's Father, Dashon wants custody."
"This can't be happening again."
"The adoption can't be vacated. Bella is still yours."
"I know that. I just can't go through this again. I just can't. And then Bella, Bella cant emotionally handle this! She came to me in tears the other day saying how she doesn't want to be with him. Saying how some guy, tried to kidnap her. And now this? Next, he's gonna wanna see Bella. Then probably plan to kidnap her. I can't. Please leave."
"Olivia."
"Please leave." I don't want Bella to be upset. She's been doing so much better lately. She has nightmares every once and a while but that's okay. Anyways, this will destroy her. I don't want to just introduce her to him out of the blue.
"Liv, the vic's here."
"I'm coming."
***
Friday (Bella's Perspective)
I got out of dance class at 6! That means mommy would come home soon! We walked home and I felt super happy.
"Mommy's gonna be home!"
"Yeah, I can't wait!" We got in front of the building and I was so happy.
"Can I ring?"
"Sure. See if she's home." I pressed the buzzer and mommy buzzed back. Yay! The door opened and we took the elevator upstairs. I raced Noah to the door and knocked on the door.
"Coming." Mommy opened the door and made a shocked face.
"Who's this little muffin?"
"I'm Bella."
"And you?"
"I'm Noah. I'm a blue berry muffin!" Mommy smiled and let us in.
"Hey Lucy! Thanks again."
"No problem. How was work?"
"Same old same old. But something did happen. Kids go shower please, and Bella after your shower I wanna talk to you."
"Yes mommy." It looked like Mommy and Lucy were gonna have an adult talk. I didn't go shower, I just stood there.
"Bella? Is something wrong?"
"I'm fine mommy."
"So why aren't you going to shower?"
"Never mind." I went into my room and got a change of clothes.