Bella Gets School Supplies

11:15 AM (Target)
"Well, let's bring on the craziest time of the year." My Mother said as I pushed the cart.
"These look so cute! Can I get them Mommy?!" They were shopkin folders and they looked cool! I needed 3 folders this year instead of just one.
"How much are they?"
"3.39. Can I please get one? Pleaseee??" I tugged her arm and she thought about it.
"You can have one. Then you have to choose two cheaper ones."
"Okay, Thank you!" I jumped up and took one.
"That doesn't even look nice."
"It's pretty, you have no style." Mommy laughed and Noah rolled his eyes. I picked two glittery folders and put them in the cart.
"I never knew you liked glitter."
"You don't even know me Noah." I joked.
"Bell, pick up some pencils and let's go look for a bag." I took some blue and purple mechanical pencils and followed my brother.
"That Jojo Siwa bag looks really ugly." I whispered in Mommy's ear.
"I don't like it either honey."
"This is boring,I don't want to shop anymore. Can we just go home?"
"Noah, let's get some more school supplies first." There was this blue, pink, and purple bag that looked amazing. I took it off the shelf and ran up to my mother.
"That's the one?"
"Uh-huh!"
**********
The Pool (Olivia's Perspective)
Bella jumped in and then looked up curiously.
"Why are you wearing a bikini?"
"Why not?" Bella shrugged and I went in. She sprayed me with water and swam away laughing.
"You're just trying to get a laugh outta me."
"Noah! Attack her for me." I felt water on the back of my head and turned around.
"Looks like war."
"Who's side are you on?" I asked my daughter.
"Yours!" She got out of the pool and picked up her gun. I watched as they played around with each other. Noah got tired and went inside. Bella got upset that Noah didn't want to play anymore.
"It's boring now."
"You're so not fair."
"I don't want to play anymore, it's stupid now."
"Ever since you turned ten you barely even want to play. You play for 5 minutes and then you say I'm bored, or I'm tired! But you can play with your friends forever."
"Bella, cut it out." She stopped and sat down on the concrete. Noah went inside and I got out of the pool.
"Bella, let's talk for a minute." I picked up my towel and sat down next to her.
"Okay Mom." I told her to take deep breaths and calm down.
"You got extremely angry just now, you need to just breathe."
"I am."
"Noah is going through changes just like you. Sometimes he'll want to play around with you and sometimes he'll think it's childish."
"Everything is childish to him sometimes."
"But that doesn't mean Noah loves you any less."
"Yes it does." Chase walked towards us and sat on Bella's lap.
"He just has his moods, like how you have yours. Noah has asked me what you're asking me right now and I told him the same thing. You just have to be understanding, it goes both ways."
"Okay." I fixed her bathing suit and she giggled.
"I'm not a baby Ma," I touched her softly and she gave me a hug.
*********
My Room (NYC) (Bella's Perspective)
It rained today, my plans had to be canceled. I just wanted to leave the house more because Noah was being super moody. Mommy told me to be understanding, but it gets hard sometimes.
"Bella, come down for breakfast, you don't wanna eat cold breakfast, don't ya?"
"I'm coming in one minute Lucy." I looked at the buildings and the garden below.
"Ohh, you're drawing."
"Yeah, things look more pretty in the rain sometimes." I put my sketchbook down and went downstairs with Lucy. She made a buttered bagel with sausages and a fried egg with peppers.
"What's the difference between pepper and pepper Lucy?" She laughed and smiled.
"What do you mean?"
"Like the pepper in restaurants and the vegetable. Because the peppers you and Mom cook aren't spicy. But the pepper you put on food is a teeny bit spicy."
"Well, one is ground, and one is the vegetable itself." I still didn't get it but I just settled with that answer. School starts on Thursday and I regret what I said about wanting to go. I want to stay home more. I looked at my owl pajama pants and sighed.
"What's going on in there?" She joked.
"Nothing, I'm just realizing how quiet it is when Noah isn't being a moody-pants."
"Everyone has an off day sometimes."
"That's true." I washed my plate and put it on the drying rack.
"Even you."
"I know Lucy. Lucy, let's go see if Noah wants to watch a movie or something!"
"Alright, you go ask him baby."
"Alright!" I ran upstairs to Noah's room while giggling. I opened his door to see him with his war figurines.
"Noah, wanna watch a movie with me and Lucy?!"
"Lucy and I." He said, correcting me. I really didn't like this Noah. He was bossy, rude, and always correcting me.
"Shut up. I didn't ask for your opinion. You're always correcting me and I don't freaking care."
"I'm telling Lucy you said all of that." I went to my room angrily and grabbed the notebook that I share with my mom.
Letter To Mom
I hate Noah right now! He's so rude and mean to me. I didn't even do anything to him.
"Bella, come here right now." I threw the book on the floor and Lucy was at the bottom of the staircase. I held my penguin in my hand and Lucy looked ready to scold me.
"Why did you tell Noah to shut up?" I didn't answer and she only got more and more upset.
"Since you can't answer you can go into your room and reflect." I went in my room silently and started to cry. No one understands! Noah is being so annoying and no one is even telling him anything, he just gets away with it.
"I want Mommy." I said while crying into my penguin.
"Only Mommy understands." I wiped my eyes and looked out the window. I guess I'm staying in my room all day today. I wasn't going to say a single thing. So I started looking around for snacks in my room to prepare a "lunch" and all. This was serious business.
******
The Squad Room (Olivia's Perspective)
"He left Cortex Productions at 8PM giving him 4 whole hours unaccounted for."
"There's surveillance footage of him at a bodega at 10pm." I walked around quietly, looking at the evidence.
"I don't think we'll ever find out the truth." Carisi looked at me in confusion.
"I thought you said you wanted to find this guy."
"We won't be able to, I'm afraid." Everyone stared at me as I walked towards my office.
"Liv, are you okay?" Fin asked worriedly.
"Don't worry about me."
"It's hard not to. I know this case had been bringing up emotions-"
"Fin I'm fine."
"No Liv, you're not. Talk to me, you're always saying how Bella won't talk to you about things but look at you. You're her role model. If she sees you hiding your emotions and being like this, she going to question everything you ever told her." Maybe that last part was an exaggeration, but he did have a point. I sighed and looked at the picture of Bella on my desk.
"Don't be sad Mommy. Smile!"
"Liv?" I grabbed my stuff and slid on my jacket.
"Liv, wait up." I left the precinct silently and made my way to Dr. Lindstrom's office.