Bella Hides Out

"Bella Benson, this isn't funny. I need you to get out and come upstairs." I said. When I realized she really was no where to be found in the basement I started to panic.
"Bella?" I opened the door and went outside. I saw Bella sitting down with a blanket and her doll.
"Honey, what are you doing here? You had me worried. Aren't you cold?"
"I am a little." I led her inside and gave her a side hug.
"Why did you go out there in the cold?"
"Because I didn't want to be around the company and I really didn't want to play for Tucker's friends."
"I know you don't want to do it anymore, but you did promise lovey. And it's really impolite to be away from the company. Let's try to deal with it okay?"
"I'll try."
"Good." I held her hand and we went upstairs to where Tucker and his friends were.
"So this is the little lady who's going to play for us?"
"Yeah, I'm Bella. Nice to meet you." She shook everyone's hands and greeted them politely. She was putting up a very good act and I was proud of her maturity. She looked over at me and I gave her a thumbs up. She walked over to me and paused.
"What's wrong?"
"Where's bubbs?"
"He's using the restroom."
"I'm not playing until Noah comes."
"Okay, I'll go get him for you okay? Stay right here." I went upstairs and Noah was in the room reading Diary of a wimpy kid.
"Hey sweet boy, can you come down? Bella wants you to hear her music."
"Sure,"
"Thank you sweet boy." We went downstairs and Bella was strumming her guitar. She smiled and started to play. I couldn't really tell what song it was but the look on Noah's face said the opposite. He was grinning from ear to ear and when Bella was done she came up to him.
"Told you it was important."
"What song did you play sweet pea?"
"That song that all the older kids listen to. I forgot the name of it." I smiled and gave her a kiss.
"Good job."
"Thank you!" That's when our dinner came at the door and we started to eat. There were burgers, fries, milk shakes, chicken tenders, and then some Chinese. I was super full! I went upstairs to my room and looked out the window. It was raining as it has been for like, ever. I started to watch something on my
iPad and I got more and more tired. I closed my sleepily and hugged my zebra.
**********
City Home
"I wanna snack!" I went straight into the cabinet and took out a fruit snack.
"Yum."
"That's the first thing you head to? Jeez, I can't imagine the food bill when you get bigger."
"I can't help that I'm hungry Mom." I was finally tall enough to reach the fruit snacks and it made me feel proud. I grew two whole inches and I was as tall as my friends now!
"You're the only hungry one." Noah joked. I ate my fruit snacks and then helped my family with the load.
"Kids, did you finish your homework?"
"Yeah Mom."
"Bella?"
"Maybe I did. Maybe I didn't." She folded her arms and made a strict first.
"Did you do it or no?"
"I did some."
"Go finish it. You have school tomorrow."
"Yes Mommy." I went into my room and my mother watched as I completed every single bit of the homework. I really didn't want to do it because our teacher has been giving us more work because state tests are coming up. I don't think I'm going to like these tests one bit.
"Bella, that isn't right."
"How?"
"8 times 8 isn't 67." I did it over and then realized it was 64.
"Oh, yeah."
"I thought you finished your homework when I told you to?"
"It was a lot." I don't like these state tests.
"Well you have to start getting prepared."
"I wanna get prepared in school. Not at home with all of this homework. It's making me super, duper, tired!" She laughed and rubbed my shoulder.
"Look you're all done now though."
"Yeah after that long homework experience."
*******
Gymnastics
I started practicing after I finished my session as usual with Kylie and Kayla.
"So why don't we learn like a routine?"
"A routine?"
"Yeah, then we can say we have our own gym routine and be super cool." Kylie and I went along with it and we started to make one.
"Okay let's put a back handspring in."
"That'd be cool." I looked over at the window and saw someone really familiar. What is Tucker doing here?! He looked at the window and smiled. I waved and got back to what I was doing.
"Is he your Uncle or something?"
"No, um can we talk about this tomorrow at lunch?"
"Sure, are you okay?"
"Me, oh I'm okay. I'm totally fine!"
"Bella... you only ever say 'Can we talk at lunch?' when you're sad or want to hide something."
"Well, That is true."
"You can tell us now and we'll keep it a secret."
"We promise." Tucker knocked on the glass and made the 'Let's go sign with his hand.' I looked and my friends and let out an extremely big sign.
"I'm sorry, but I have to go. Bye."
"Hugs?" I gave them quick ones and left a quickly as I possibly could. I ran to go change and I changed so quickly that even one of my gym mates noticed.
"Bella, are you okay? Why are you changing like that?"
"It's nothing, don't worry."
"Okay. You can tell me tomorrow."
"Yeahhh... see you tomorrow Ellie."
"Feel better Bells." I smiled as I grabbed my bag and went out to where Tucker was on his phone.
"Can we go please?!"
"Sure, let's go." I ran out quickly in embarrassment and stood waiting for him.
"What's the rush about?"
"What rush? I'm not in a rush. I'm doing things the way I always do. You're um, very silly Tucker."
"O-Kay?!"
"Are you sure everything's alright?!" I looked at him and wondered how to reply.
"Tucker I-"