Bella's Birthday

I've never woken up so happy before. I ran into my mommy's room and sat on her stomach.
"Happy birthday Bella." She picked me up and give me loads of kisses.
"Thank you. Mommy I go to work with you?"
"If you go to work with me, you might not be able to do a lot of birthday things."
"But I wanna be with you for my birthday!" Right after I said that mommy got a call that made her smile.
"Oh alright, she's right here by the way!" Mommy handed me the phone while smiling.
"Good Morning Uncle Fin!"
"Happy birthday Princess! Have the best day ever with Liv, and I wish you see many, many more."
"Thank you! Uncle Fin do you have my present? And isn't mommy working in her office?"
"Yes I have your present sweet pea. And no, mommy is spending the day with you today!"
"Yayy! Best present ever! Are you coming over later?"
"I'm coming tomorrow. But I gotta go work, I'll talk to you soon okay?"
"Okay! Bye Uncle." He hung up and I gave mommy another hug.
"Mommy, is Noah coming?"
"No, it's just us girls. Did you want him to come?"
"It wouldn't bother me if he came. But we have to bring him back a treat."
"Aww, that's nice of you. Now, what do you want to do?"
"Go to the American girl doll store, go to the build a bear store, what about ice skating?!"
"Hmm, let's see what we can do. Should we go out for breakfast or lunch."
"Lunch! Can you just make me cupcake pancakes?"
"Sure munchkin!"
**
American Girl Doll Store
"This is so cool Mommy!" All the dolls were either on a shelf or with some kind of prop.
"Mommy there books! There's a black girl on it mommy!" She pulled me towards it and smiled.
"We should get this book, but it's a little advanced for you, so mama will read it for you okay?"
"Sure! Mommy can we get matching clothes for the doll and me?"
"Sure. The pajamas?"
"Yeah, but I don't want long. Itchy and hot."
"Let's try to find them. It'll be hard," I picked her up and looked at the clothes.
"Look There's a nightgown."
"I'll get it. Don't really like them but it's better then long sleeve." I picked it up and put it in the cart.
"Mommy look at the ballet costume! And the little ballet bar!"
"You want that too?" She nodded eagerly.
"That's it?"
"Yeah! Mommy." She dropped her smile and started to suck her thumb like she did when she was nervous or sad.
"Did you have a thought?" She nodded and didn't make eye contact. I thought it'd be best if we focused on the positive and then deal with that later.
"Look at these clothes for your doll, and these combs oh my!"
"Look they have pink! Can I get it?" I gave her a kiss and said yes.
*
"I'm scared mommy! What if I fall down?"
"Then you get right back up! Like a big girl."
"I guess."
"You ready?"
"Yes!" I went on the ice first and helped her cross over. You could tell she was nervous but after a while she kept giggling.
"Do you wanna try on your own?"
"Yes!" She stepped out and fell.
"I Okay!" She got back up and kept trying.
"Good job!" She came back over to me struggling.
"Well, that hurt my bum. But, I wanna do it again!"
"Go ahead then sweetie."
"No hold my hand please." She grabbed onto me and we skated around the rink again.
"Mommy, Thank you for staying with me today!"
*
"Look, it's an oreo cake just like you wanted."
"I love it!"  She sat down at the table as we sung happy birthday to her.
"Happy birthday to you!" She blew out the candles and clapped loudly.
"What did you wish for?"
"A lot of things!"
"Wow! Like what?" Lucy asked.
"For a good Christmas with yummy foods, um more American girl dolls stuff and for lots of presents. And to be with you guys."
"Aww." I gave her a kiss and helped her with cutting the cake. It made me happy to see Noah and Bella eating the cake and playing together happily.
"You guys feel full now?"
"No!" They said in unison.
"Last slice you guys!"
"Then you paint my nails mommy?"
"You want to?"
"Yeah I want my nails pretty like your nails."
"Alright princess. Then we could play dolls together also."
"The dolls got into a fight the other day."
"They did?"
"Yeah because Your dolly threw eggs at my doll. I should be super mad with you. Your doll have bad manners!"
"I'm sorry! I'll go talk to her right after you're done eating." She put her arms up signaling for me to pick her up. I picked her up and put her in my lap. I fed her the cake until she shook her head.
"Alright let's go paint nails." She was super excited to paint her nails with me.
"What color do you want princess?"
"Red! Like you mommy."
"Look at it, it's so pretty." She laid her hands out for me smiling.
"Do you wanna talk about something?" I shook up the nail polish and set it down.
"Mhm. Mommy there's this boy in my class."
"Mhmm. What about this boy?"
"We talk lots and lots! And he looks like Noah!"
"He does, what is his name?"
"Logan. And you know what he did?"
"What?"
"He gave me a birthday present!"
"What did he give you?"
"Gummy bears, and a doll. But I put it under the tree so I can have a lot of presents!" She showed me the packs of unopened gummies. That's so cute.
"I gave him something back!"
"What?"
"Some Oreos and a car! I went with Lucy and got one at the big store, start with W."
"Oh,that's really nice of you." Her expression turned to worry.
"Mommy why you look like that?"