Bella Visits Mommy

"Aunty 'Manda? Can I get some food?"
"There's some Chinese at the precinct."
"Okay." She picked me up and took me into the elevator. The elevator ride wasn't fun at all! Super boring! But anyways she took me into my mommy's office and Mommy was there on her computer.
"Thank you so much Amanda!"
"No problem, I'll get back to work now."
"Alright. Thanks again." I sat on the couch in her office and took my shoes off.
"Come here you stinker! How was the last day of camp?" I didn't go over there because I was so lazy.
"Was it bad?"
"I'm not sure."
"What does that mean?" Mommy moved over to the couch and kept doing some work.
"It was okay I guess."
"Something happened."
"Yeah. So like I didn't tell you this but Angela is being nice to me now and she asked me to come over to her house. But I don't feel comfortable. Am I confusing you?"
"No, I'd feel uncomfortable too. You don't have to do anything that you don't want to do okay?"
"Yes mommy." Mommy kept working on her computer and I ate some of her food.
"Liv, we gotta Vic that wants to speak to a girl."
"I'll take her, can you watch her in the meanwhile?"
"Of course. Come on Bella." I grabbed my stuff and went with my Uncle to his desk. He pulled up a little chair and I sat on it. I sat there and watched him work on the computer. I guess this is why I don't go to work with mommy a lot. There isn't much to do.
"You okay Bella?"
"Yes. I just want my mommy."
"She's doing something really important right now." I groaned.
"Bella."
"Yes?"
"You know better than to groan. Your mommy is working a very important job that needs all of her attention sometimes."
"I know that already." I put my head down in an annoyed way.
"Maybe you need a nap."
"No I don't! I'm too big for naps." He picked me up and took me to the cribs. He set my bag down and then put me on the bed thingy.
"You can sit or lie down here and relax for little bit Ight? I can't have you being cranky on me."
"Said I'm not tired Uncle."
"You are. I can see it in your eyes. Just take a rest you were doing gym since what 8 in the morning." He gave me a kiss and then left. I was starting to feel a bit tired so I closed my eyes. I never meant to fall asleep but I did.
***
The Next Day (Saturday)
"Mommy." I climbed into her bed.
"Good morning Mommy." She smiled and gave me a kiss.
"Morning honey. I can't believe you slept so long yesterday."
"I was super tired. But now I'm not. I need you to come help me with something mommy."
"Give me a couple of minutes. Mommy's still waking up."
"Are you awake enough to give me a cuddle?" She smiled and pulled me close. And then we just sat there for a little while. We didn't even talk or turn on the tv. It was really nice!
"What do you want for breakfast?"
"Anything. Do you want me to ask Noah?"
"Mhm." I went into Noah's room and he was still sleeping. So I went back into mommy's room.
"He's sleeping. Let's go make something! I wanna help you cook." Mommy tilted her head without answering.
"But please!" I whined. Then I remembered mommy doesn't really love whining.
"Bella, what did I say about the whining?"
"Not to."
"Can I please help?"
"Sure honey."
****
Olivia's Perspective
"I'll get them!" She got on the step stool and grabbed the peppers.
"Aww, thank you sweet pea."
"Your welcome. Now you have to cut them up into those tiny pieces!" She was extremely vibrant today and I was loving every bit of it. She clapped as the eggs made a sizzling sound.
"Do people ever tell you how adorable and cute you are?"
"Yeah. Boys tell me I'm cute a lot." I dropped the eggshells that I was carrying to the trash and asked,
"Who?"
"Uncle Fin And Uncle Carisi mommy!" I let out a sigh of relief and put them in the garbage. She laughed at me and hit me playfully.
"Those are the only boys who say that!"
"I believe you. Hey, can you go wake up Noah?!"
"Okay mommy."
******
Later in the day
"Why are we outside?" My youngest asked as we went into the store.
"To pick up some stuff for the 4th of July! We're going to have a party remember?"
"Who's coming to the party?" Noah's asked as we got into the clothing store.
"The usual. And I think my trainer might stop by for a little while." I said while looking through for some shorts for Noah.
"What do you think about these?" They had the colors of the American flag on it which I figured was good enough.
"I like it!"
"So you'll wear this? You promise?"
"Yes mommy." I put it in the cart and then looked for an outfit for Bella.
"Bella, do you want to wear a dress or some shorts?"
"Shorts Mommy! I always wear dresses so I'll wear shorts!"
"Hmm... what color shorts boo boo? There's white and red and blue. Get it?"
"You so silly! I want the red ones! And can I have that shirt right there?" I nodded and put it in the cart.
"Bella walk up please."
"You need to wait on Lala." Lala was my daughters imaginary friend. Lala seemed to be troublesome at times, but for the most part she was pretty cool. At least she didn't eat the strawberry ice cream.
"Bella." I said in a stern tone. She walked up quickly without protest. I held out my hand and she didn't hold it.
"I want to hold Lala's hand. Come on Lala we have to walk faster so we can do the thing."
"Mommy. We're having the party at Long Island."
"Yes, at our Long Island house munchkin." Noah held my hand while Bella was still with her Lala.
"Bella, this is the last time I'm going to tell you to walk up. It's starting to get busy and mommy doesn't want to lose you. Next time you're holding my hand." She looked at me and didn't speak.
"Noah stop for a second, Bella I'm speaking to you."
"Yes Mommy.. I'll walk up."
"Okay let's go get lunch kids."