Talking

"Axel. Is it true?"
"Is what true?"
"That you like me." He got all red again and gulped.
"Yeah. Who told you?"
"That doesn't matter Axel. But I just wanted you to know that I know." I smiled and he nodded.
"Do you feel the same way?"
"I don't like any boys. But I will say this, you're probably my best guy friend." He smiled and I held his hand.
"I hope that next year, we can become even better friends."
"Me too."
"I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or anything."
"It's okay, you didn't hurt my feelings. You made me happy actually. I was wondering when we would have a talk like this."
"Guys....what are you doing here!" Kylie said with a smile.
"Talking..."
"Come on let's go play some games."
"Alright."
"Let's play whack a mole!"
"I love that game." Paisley said.
"Two player mode!"
"Bella come with me!" Kylie dragged me into a corner and giggled.
"What is it?"
"Did you and Axel confess your love?"
"Kylie stop it! No, we were just talking about other things."
"So why were you gone for so long?"
"The thing I told you about."
"Feel better?"
"Yeah. Sometimes I have my really hard days because of it. I'm sorry that I always make you guys worry."
"That's what friends are for." I gave her a hug and then fixed her red hair.
"Come on, let's go get some prizes."
**********
Cheesecake Factory
I was in my black sparkly dress and black sneakers. I was sitting with all of my friends and we were just talking.
"Ohh, so we can't order of the whole menu, we have to select from whatever they have here."
"Bella?" I heard my Aunt say.
"Yes?"
"When we get back to the hotel, come straight to my room." I nodded and looked down at the menu.
"This looks good....and that looks good. My meal is decided."
"I'm getting the same thing as Bella because why not?"
"So guys, the Dalton kids...how do you feel about going to Dalton next year?"
"Pretty good, and plus it's closer to us so we don't have to travel like you guys."
"At least our parents will let us take the train."
"I don't know about that...but we will be allowed to travel more in the mornings. Besides, it shouldn't be that bad."
"Right, I wanna know what the Upper West Side looks like. The Ross family lives there."
"You know they never filmed in New York, right?"
"You're kidding!"
"How did you not know that?"
"They had shots of New York though!"
"Yeah...but the inside scenes were filmed in LA. My cousin worked for Disney. She told me all about it."
"Bella? Got a moment?"
"Sure Auntie." I got up and went to the corner with her.
"Feeling better?"
"A bit. I've just learned to not show that in front of my friends. Aunty, one day. When I feel better, I want to tell you everything I can. But right now, I want to ignore it."
"Bella, ignoring your feelings, putting it off, is what makes things worse. If you ever need to vent or talk about it, though I'm not a professional, I'll always listen. I love you so much."
"Thank you Aunty."
"Go have fun!" I sat back at our table and I looked at my food.
"This looks really yummy." I chose the Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich with Chipotle mayo and some fries with a side of Sprite. I realized all of us girls ordered chicken, while the boys ordered burgers.
"A lot of food for a growing boy, huh?" I joked. Axel laughed and Kayla smiled.
"Are you two together?"
"No... Are you and Damon together?"
"We do not talk about that."
"How about we talk about something else?" Axel said.
"Hey guys, do you remember that time Ms.Hinds was so angry that she grabbed a broom and slapped it against the board so we would pay attention?"
"And Bella was just so shook. Ms.Hinds was like, I only see Bella paying attention!"
"Remember when Mr.Gamory spilled his smoothie on himself and he had to take off his shirt to clean it off!"
"He's so ripped!"
"Yeah totally!"
"How are you guys?" Ms.Valentino asked.
"We're good."
"Enjoying the food?"
"Totally."
"Desserts coming in a couple moments. Just sit tight."
************
My Bedroom (Olivia's Perspective)
"Livia...."
"Livia...." I opened my eyes to see a teary-eyed Leia standing near my bed.
"What happened baby?"
"I was so scared." I sat her on my lap and gave her a hug.
"Greg was there! And he hurt me in the place you told me about again."
"I'm your dream?" She nodded and cried loudly.
"Let it out. You'll fell so much better. Just breathe."
"I scared. Sleep with you?"
"Of course." She held my shirt and tried to close her eyes sleepily. Poor baby. She doesn't deserve this!
"I want a better day!"
"Tomorrow will be a better day sweetie. Tomorrow will." She still cried and I comforted her as much as possible. Something about Leia that is different than Bella is that she takes longer to calm down. Like, she questions your kindness because she's been so abused. She associates kindness with abuse. Since kindness has played a role in her story. Leia's rape kit showed no semen, only pubic hair matching Gregory Davis. There was also no tearing. Meaning, she wasn't raped by him. Poor baby had been through so much already.
"You need a good nights sleep. For tomorrow."
"Tomorrow we go to the big house?"
"Yes, And you'll tell the judge what he did to you."
"It scary."
"Livia will be right there." She was deemed competent enough to testify behind closed doors.
"And Livia buy me ice cream?"
"And Livia will buy you ice cream." She smiled tiredly and closed her eyes.
"That's right. Go night night."
"Night night." She whispered.
************
Hotel Room (Bella's Perspective)
"Bella?"
"Yeah?"
"Tell us what really happened with Axel today." Paisley said. I looked at my friends and they were waiting on an answer.
"What?! Tell us!"
"Guys...it's getting late."
"And you're stalling." I went under the covers and smiled.
"We're not giving up."
"You might as well, all I said was that I know he likes me."
"What did he say?!"
"He asked if I liked him back."
"Woah! And do you?" I laughed and rolled my eyes.
"I said I don't like anybody."
"Bella, when are you gonna like a boy or something?"
"I don't know." I answered honestly. Ever since the warehouse, and ever since I learned what a boyfriend was, I didn't ever want to have one. I didn't want another boy to hurt me. My friends don't know that though, so I can't be mad with them.
"You okay?"
"Yeah. I'm just tired. Night guys."
"Good night." My friends kept talking and I sighed. If Aunty Toni hadn't brought it up, I wouldn't have even been so sad about it. I wish people would stop caring.
4 Years Ago
"Mommy?"
"Yeah?"
"I wish people would stop!"
"Stop what baby?"
"Asking about my secrets. They make me sad." I frowned and Mommy looked at me.
"Who asked?"
"People who know! And, I don't wanna be sad about it forever, I want to not talk about the bad things that happen in the warehouse when they played bad games with me."
Back To Present
"Bella's still awake."
"Are you homesick?"
***************
Lake Compunce (Bristol, CT)
"That was an amazing water slide."
"Let's go do the tunnel twisters."
"I wanna do that blue one over there."
"Bella, how come your hair got shorter after it got wet." My hair usually runs down my back when dry, I cut about 4 inches off because it was becoming too much for me. And since I had gotten it wet it got even curlier and reached my shoulders."
"Shrinkage."
"What's that?"
"For a lot of black people, when their hair gets wet it shrinks."
"You're black?!" My friends asked.
"I'm mixed. My Mom is white, and my Dad is black."
"That's so cool."
"Thanks I guess." It was finally my turn for the slides and I was going against Paisley and Paxton.
"Alright go ahead, lean back." I pushed myself and I laughed so hard as I went down the slide. It was super fast and it tickled me somehow.
"This is so awesome!" I yelled. I was dropped right into 4 feet of water and it was so refreshing. I came in second place to Paxton.
"Paisley's so slow, what could she be doing?"
"You guys are twins, I thought you'd know." We laughed and Paisley finally arrived.
"Hi, sorry about that."
"Were you purposely going slow or something?!"
"No, things happen okay?!" I laughed and then we decided to do some rides together.
"Four people on one raft, and four on the other."
"All girls together and then all boys together."
"Cool."
"I'm so nervous for graduation! Like what if I trip while walking across the stage?"
"Paxton you won't trip you idiot."
"I feel bad that you guys have to deal with this next year." We all laughed and walked up the hill.
"Jana, look at how pretty the view is."
"Yeah, this mountain is literally so beautiful."
"Can't believe we're going back to New York soon." Kayla said. That comment made me feel quite sad actually. Going back to New York reminds me of the fact that I'm leaving Westbury soon, and I won't be able to see some of my friends soon. I had the best time on this trip, staying up late, eating as much as I wanted, telling stories, sharing secrets. Even thought I knew that going home would make me sad, I was ready to see my family.
"Alright, next up."
"I'm so scared, this is the one that sucks you up and like spits you out!"
***********
New York, NY 6:30 PM
"Mom!" I ran to my Mom and gave her a hug.
"Hey Baby! How are you?! How was your trip?"
"Amazing and I'm good. Where's Noah?!"
"At home with Lucy."
"Liv!" I turned around to see my Aunt and she came over.
"Hey, how are you?"
"Exhausted, you?"
"About the same."
"Is it because of Ryan? Was he being hyper?"
"He sure was!"
"So, during the trip Bella was really good. We had some private conversations, and she opened up to me, so that was really nice. I'm very proud of her."
"That's great to hear."
"Aunty, can I come over to your house in the summer?"
"Of course you can, whenever you'd like honey. You're always welcome."
"Mom, can we go home? I wanna sleep in my bed with my doggo." I said tiredly.
"Alright, Bye everyone. Get home safe."
"Bye!" We walked to the car and Mom smiled happily.
"Where are we going?"
"You'll see."

To be continued~