Bella's Day Before

Wednesday
Today was the day before the first day of school and I was feeling a mix of excitement and sadness. Today was a sunny day so I went over to Kylie's. Jana and Kayla were going to be there too so it was going to be our little girls day.
"Good Morning Mrs. Ashcroft." I took off my shoes and walked into the kitchen.
"Morning Bella. How are you?"
"I'm okay."
"You sure?"
"Yeah." I said as she put a plate in front of me.
"You didn't have to." She smiled and handed me a fork.
"I insist."
"Thank you."
"Morning Mama. Bella, you're here!" She gave her Mom a hug and stretched before giving me one.
"You guys should eat up. You've got a whole day of play."
"And talking."
"About what?"
"You know what."
"Ohhh." I laughed and her mother gave us a funny look.
"What are you girls up to?"
"Nothing!" We said. I finished my plate and helped clean up. It was just Kylie and her parents because her siblings were away doing their things.
"I can't wait till Jana and Kayla come."
"Is Paisley coming?"
"Her Mom said they had things to do."
"Well, we'll see her in school then."
************
Kylie's Room
"I haven't chosen my outfit yet."
"Really? I've had mines ready since Monday."
"Seriously Jana?" We all said while laughing.
"I had to be ultra prepared for school."
"I think you want to be a bit too prepared."
"Okay girls, let's talk."
"About what?"
"The new girl."
"Did ya see her?"
"No, but I heard she's a bit rich."
"Kylie's kind of rich?"
"I'm not rich." She said while laughing.
"Kylie... you have a bathroom in your bedroom."
"We all do!" We giggled.
"Well you have an elevator in your house."
"That's true."
"But we were talking about the new girl. We need to talk to her to make up for losing Jana, Kayla, Jaden, and everyone else."
"What if she's mean?"
"Then we won't talk to her anymore." Jana said.
"Cool."
"Girls, do you guys want to go out for lunch?"
"Yes please!!"
**********
Applebee's
I munched on a tender as Mrs. Ashcroft and My Mom spoke.
"Jana you've gotten so big since I last saw you."
"I've been drinking a lot of milk. Milk helps you grow. Right Ms. Benson?"
"That's right."
"Tomorrow is going to be so much fun because they never give homework on the first day."
"I wonder why it even has to start on a Thursday out of all days." Kayla said.
"Bella, eat up." I shook my head and sipped my Fanta.
"I'm saving the rest for later Mommy."
"Eat a little bit more, you barely made a dent in your plate."
"Kay," My friends and I talked about some stuff, but we couldn't say much because my Mom and Kylie's Mother was around and we didn't need them knowing our personal business. My Mom got a call and she had to go.
"Be good, okay?"
"I will." She gave me a kiss and went back to work.
"Can we go for dessert?" Kylie asked her Mama with a smile.
"How about we make milkshakes back at the house? How does that sound?"
"It sounds super cool!"
"I'm putting a whole chocolate bar in mines. It'll be super chocolatey."
"Blech!" Jana said. She knew exactly which chocolate bar Kylie was putting in hers.
"What's wrong with almonds? They're so good!"
"They taste weird. The raw ones anyway."
"Then have a toasted one. You'll like it."
"I hope so."
********
5:30 PM (Olivia's Perspective)
"Where are you going Mommy?" I was all dressed up and putting on some earrings.
"To a party."
"No you're not, because when we go to parties you don't wear that stuff. You're going to a fancy party with Tucker?" I sighed and looked at my daughter. I hadn't told the kids that Tucker and I are taking a break.
"No, with Amanda sweetheart."
"Are you gonna take us to school tomorrow?"
"I can't, I'm super sorry. But guess what?"
"What?"
"How about Friday we go out? Just us. You can tell me everything about your first day."
"That's sounds good. I'd love to!"
"What do you think about my earrings?"
"They're really cute."
"Alright." I grabbed my purse and slid on my shoes.
"Be safe, okay?"
"I will."
"And do not come home too late, you have work!" I laughed and gave her a kiss.
"Go shower, and get ready for bed." I gave her another kiss followed with a hug.
"Night, Love you baby."
"Noah, come give me a hug!"
************
Police Charity Event
"One more walk around this place and then we're telling Dodd's goodnight."
"Agreed." We walked downstairs to see Fin and Carisi talking to Nikki Staines.
"And invading their right to privacy is a violation of civil liberties."
"So much for small talk." I uttered. Carisi rolled his eyes in an agitated state and Nikki kept speaking. You could tell how much he didn't agree with her.
"Lieutenant Benson and Detective Rollins! May I say, you two look beautiful tonight."
"Thank you." We said in unison.
"I want you two to meet someone." We looked at each other and then back at Dodds.
"This is Attorney Rob Miller."
"Benson."
"Rollins."
"I went to school down south, I could tell that Loganville accent from anywhere." Amanda's expression changed and then he fixated on me.
"You look stunning tonight."
"Why, Thanks." He kept talking but I was barely paying attention. He didn't faze me at all.
"Wanna go out for a drink afterwards?"
"I'd love too but I got a sitter waiting on me."
"You guys have a good night now." I nodded and Amanda and I walked off.
"Looks like that guy was hitting on ya."
"Oh really? What about you?"
"That comment on my accent was real nice."
"Let's just go home. Bella and Noah are probably waiting on me as we speak."
**********
My Bed (Bella's Perspective)
"Let's get into bed my love." Chase was downstairs sleeping in his own bed because he was being fat and lazy.
"I'm really sorry that I can't take you guys to school tomorrow."
"It's okay. I'll be fine, don't worry Mommy." She fixed the covers and gave me my blue penguin.
"You sure?"
"Yeah. I'll be just fine! I promise." She smiled and gave me a kiss.
"Sleep well. Okay?"
"Okay."
"Night baby, I love you."
"Love you too Mommy. I love you so much." She left my lamp on and went down the hall to her bedroom. She closed her door and probably went to bed. I on the other hand, could not sleep! I was so nervous! What if I have mean kids in my class?! What if the new girl isn't what we hoped for her to be?! What if my teachers are crazy and super strict?! I couldn't stop asking myself all of those questions. I turned from side to side as I struggled to sleep.
"Bella, it's getting really late." She said.
"I know. I can't sleep though."
"Nervous huh?" I nodded and she grabbed my bonnet. She put it on my head and sat down on the bed.
"It's okay to be nervous. Why are you nervous?"
"Because I'm going to be in a class with new people except Kylie."
"That would be a very good experience for the both of you. You guys can make some new friends." I shrugged and my mother pouted a little.
"Everything will be just fine. As long as you're kind and respectful."
"Okay."
"Trust me my love." I nodded and she got up.
"Now go to bed! You have school tomorrow!" I giggled and she turned off the lights. Mommy's usually right, I'll just do what she says.