Understanding Bella

Bella has been an interesting person in the last few weeks. It's like she develops a new personality every other day or so. Or that's what Lucy says at least. But these past few days she's been tantruming constantly with a few calm moments in between. Her therapist says to treat her tantrums with love as they're just her way of releasing her emotions.
"It's okay. It's okay honey." I caressed her back slowly and gently so she would calm down quicker.
"No it's not!"
"Why are you so angry Bells?" As I said that the door opened and Lucy came in.
"Lucy!"
"Hey Liv, Sorry I'm late."
"No-no, don't worry about it. Noah, Lucy's here!" He came out and gave her a big hug.
"Alright, I have to go so hugs and kisses." Bella was already on my lap still upset so I gave her a kiss and set her down onto the couch so she could cool off.
"Bye mommy!" Noah said while running into me and giving me a kiss.
"Bye Noah! Bell are you gonna give Livia a hug?" She crept up slowly and gave me a hug and then went back under her blanket. I tickled her and headed for the door.
"Bye guys have a great day! And Lucy thanks again."
"Don't mention it." She said happily.
"Do me a favor and give Bella some extra love today." I whispered.
"Sure."
***
Bella's POV
"Yay! I go to the park." I held onto my bunny and went over to the sand.
"Ow!" I tripped over a rock and fell into the sandpit. I started to cry because my lip stung.
"Oh no! Are you okay?" Lucy dusted me off and looked at my lip.
"Does your lip sting?"
"Yes. I wanna go home!"
"Come let me clean it off and then we could go on the swings. How about that?"
"Fine." Lucy cleaned the blood off my lip and took me over to the big kid swings.
"You're ready to try it?" I nodded and sat down.
"Hold on tight!" Lucy pushed me slowly  and after a while I started to go a bit high.
"HIGHER!" Lucy laughed and pushed me harder.
"We have to leave to get Noah soon."
"Okay! Can I get off now?" Lucy stopped the swing and I got off.
"Let's go get Noah!"
After dinner
"Where's mommy? She's always working."
"She fighting bad guys."
"But I thought you're not supposed to fight!"
"I saw her!" I said.
"Lucy is it true that mommy fights bad guys?"
"Well yes, she puts them in jail."
"But does she hurt them?"
"I think maybe you should ask your Mommy about that Noah."
"Okay. Bella, lets play dinosaurs."
"Grrr." I said while picking up the purple Dino.
"Let's not fight. Let's be friends."
"Boring." I pushed the dino and then we started fighting.
"I won!"
"No, I won." I stuck my tongue out and then went onto the couch. I was waiting for Livia to come home because she said she'd be home for bedtime today.
"Hey guys."
"Mommy!" Noah ran up to Livia and gave her a hug and kiss.
"Hey my handsome boy. Bella!" Livia came over to me and picked me up. She gave me a kiss and held onto my hand while looking at me.
"Alright, I'm going to go talk to Bella alone for a little while and then we'll get ready for bed. Lucy you can go home now if you'd like."
"Oh no it's okay I can stay with Noah for a little bit."
"Alright, thank you once again." She said before taking me into my room.
"I'm nervous."
"You don't have to be. Livia just wants to talk to you, and if you feel uncomfortable we can stop and talk tomorrow instead."
"You promise?"
"Of course I do. Can you come up on the bed please?" I came and sat on the bed with her.
"How was therapy today?"
"I didn't like it a lot."
"That's what I believe also, your therapist called me at work today."
"Oh, yeah."
"Is there something that you should tell me?"
"Like what?"
"Your therapist was asking you a question and you broke down, it was about the secret right?"
"Yes."
"And then you said, I'd rather be dead then talk about it."
"Yes."
"Look at me,"
"I'm too embarrassed."
"Bella you'll get through this. I'm promising you that, talking about what happened will make you feel much happier. Trust Mommy when she says that. You don't want to be dead Bella, you just want the pain to go away." I cried and sat onto Livia's lap.
"Let it out. Stop keeping it inside of you like that. Or you'll burst and have those tantrums."
"I don't wanna have those anymore." I cried. Then Lucy came in and said that she needed to go and that Noah was in his room.
"Bye Lucy." My mommy said.
"It's almost bedtime so we'll have to talk again in the morning but what do you think we should work on to not have anymore tantrums?"
"Talking more."
"What else?"
"Going to cool down when I'm super mad."
"Good. Now let's go read a story with Noah and then go night-night okay?"
"Okay Livia." I put my arms up and she picked me up and took me to Noah's room.
****
Olivia's POV
"You guys enjoying the lunch?"
"Yes."
"It's good, but I wanna go outside and play."
"On the carousel?"
"Yeah, can we go please Mommy?"
"Yeah, please Mommy!" Bella said flashing a big smile. She knows how much it gets to me when she calls me mommy. I've been longing to hear that from her, so every time she says it I just melt.
"Alright but after we have lunch." My phone rung and it was Rollins.
"Work?" Noah asked. I smiled at him and said,
"It's it's important they'll call back. Eat up guys we have a day of fun ahead of us."
"Mommy?"
"Yes Bells?"
"Never mind."
"What is it?" She shook her head indicating that she didn't want to talk about it in front of Noah.
"Oh it's a me and you thing."
"Yeah. But anyways are we having dessert mommy? Look, there's Oreo cheesecake!"
"I'll think about it. But wouldn't you rather help me make cheesecake at home?"
"Today?"
"I was thinking tomorrow because we're gonna be doing a lot today."
"That seems cool. We could hold off on dessert today."
"No, I want cookies."
"Mommy could always get those later. We have to hurry and go on the carousel Noah."
"Fine. You guys are so not fun."
"But mommy will buy you cookies later."
"BUT I WANT THEM NOW."
"You guys need to stop or we're going to leave and go straight home, and I know nobody wants that. Noah, don't let me catch you raising your voice at your sister like that ever again. Next time you do that you'll be punished, Bella if he speaks to you like that again tell me. And try not to push his buttons, understand?"
"Yes Mommy."
"Noah do you understand?"
"Yes."
"Apologize."
"Sorry."
"For what?"
"For yelling at you. That wasn't nice."
"It's okay." She said quietly. I could tell it hurt her to be yelled at, she didn't have any harmful intentions at all. I would have to talk to Noah a little bit more in depth about how to be with his little sister. But that's another convo for another day.
**
"This horsey is the best!" Bella said. Noah was on the horse pretending to carry us to some sort of a magical kingdom.
"It is isn't it?"
"Yeah, and the prince is taking us to a castle." I kissed Bella on the cheek and gave her a nose kiss.
"I love you guys."
"We love you too mommy!"