Bella A Month Later

1 month later (Olivia's Perspective)
It's been a whole month since Bella has met her biological father and she's been okay... kind of.
She has no interest in seeing him anymore but she's an extremely happy kid other wise. Bella's nearly 7 years old! It's hard to believe when I still look at her and see that fragile five year old. Noah's 8 years old and smarter then I could've ever imagined. He's finally excelling in math and it's made me extremely proud.
"Mommy, look at the horsey!"
"Which one Bella bear?"
"That brown one! It looks so pretty, I wanna pet it."
"I'll take you to see some horses one day, but today we're going somewhere else."
"Where are we going?" Noah asked while looking around at the trees.
"We're going to go to an open field."
"To do what?"
"Eat some lunch, and then you guys could run around. I don't want you guys in front of a screen all day, it isn't good for the eyes."
"The jump rope is in the trunk, can we do jump rope?"
"Sure, isn't the ball and frisbee in there?"
"It is?!" Noah said with a smile.
"I wanna play frisbee!!" Bella was in the backseat kicking up excitedly.
"We'll play frisbee okay! Isn't this better than being on the screens?"
"Yeah!" The said in their unison.
****
The Field
Noah was running around playing with a ball and I was sitting down with Bella eating some sandwiches.
"You've eaten two sandwiches today. You must be growing again."
"Maybe I am. Or maybe the sandwiches are super yummy, mommy you know what?"
"What?"
"I wanna boyfriend."
"What?! Bella Danielle, you are too young for a boyfriend!"
"I wanna little one, a little one like me!" She said full of laughter. We both laughed together at her little stunt. She's always trying to get a reaction out of someone.
"Why do you want a little boyfriend?"
"Because I love boys!"
"Just wait till Fin hears this!"
"Huh?" We laughed again and shared a quick cuddle.
"Let's go play catch with Noah mommy."
"Give mommy one minute." She nodded and went off to start playing with him. After I cleaned up everything I took a moment to look at my kids. They were playing together peacefully and it made my heart feel happy.
"Mom, come play ball with us!"
"Coming Noah." Bella threw the ball at me and I caught it quickly.
"Wow! That was cool, I thought you were too old." Noah laughed and fell down to the ground.
"Hey! I'm not that old Ms.I want a little boyfriend."
"She's too young for one! I'm telling uncle Fin."
"No Noah!" She caught the ball and threw it back to me.
****
The Precinct (Bella's Perspective)
"Did you know that November is Adoption Awareness month?"
"Nope. What's that about?"
"It's about adopted kids, but mainly it's about getting kids adopted. It's basically paying attention to the problems adopted kids have."
"That's cool. So it's kind of like a month for me and Noah."
"Exactly." My mommy was typing away on the computer still and I looked outside.
"How do you stay in here all day?"
"I've just gotten used to it after over 20 years. Plus I do go outside from time to time, be careful sweetie."
"Mommy what is your favorite part of the day?"
"Helping people and tucking you guys in at night while you sleep. What's yours?"
"Talking to you after school, and if it's a Friday it's watching movies with you and Noah." She smiled and gave me a kiss on the head.
"You have to go home soon sweet pea."
"Aww, I wanna stay."
"I know, how about you stay longer another day?"
"Okay mommy!"
"I need to finish up something and then I'll take you home to Lucy and Noah."
"I wonder why Noah doesn't like coming anymore."
"People grow out of things lovie."
"I don't think I'll ever grow out of coming here."
"I hope you don't." She smiled and put on her jacket.
"Let's go my sweet girl."
****
School (Recess)
Kylie, Kayla, Jana, Jayden, and I sat down on the grass and looked around.
"What are we gonna play?"
"What about tag?"
"We played that yesterday."
"Sandcastles?"
"That's first grade kinda stuff."
"Jump rope?"
"I don't know how to jump rope.." Jayden said with a red face.
"We could teach you." Kayla said.
"I think I might trip again."
"Don't worry we'll be there to help you. Come on! Jana can you go grab our lucky green jump rope?"
"Sure." Jana is our newest friend and she's really nice! She moved here from a place called Dallas in Texas.
"Alright, we'll go super duper slow for you!" Jana and I spun the rope slowly.
"I can't."
"Yes you can! You can do it!" Kylie shouted.
"I'll go slower." Jada and I slowed down even more. Jayden went to the middle and jumped.
"You're doing good!"
"Watch the rope! That's good!" Kayla clapped for him as he started getting better and better.
"Do you wanna learn a trick?"
"You can do tricks?!"
"Only a little bit. I'm not very good at it." I blushed and handed the end of the rope to Kylie.
"Show him the criss cross one!"
"Okay, just spin it and I'll get ready." I took a deep breath and waited for the perfect time to jump right in.
"Okay, I can do it!" I jumped in and did my trick until I got a bit tired.
"How did you do that?!"
"Lots of practice. I'll teach you one day." The recess whistle went off and we walked off to our line spots.
"Hey Bella, can I come to your house Saturday?"
"Have to ask my mom. I hope she says yes! We're getting yogurt this weekend!"
"Cool!"
****
"She can't come over this weekend."
"Why?!"
"Because, We're going somewhere."
"Where are we going? I hope it's not to see him again."
"We're going to Aunty Amanda's."
"But mommy!"
"No buts, don't raise your voice at me little lady."
"Why do we have to go?!"
"Because I said so." I folded my arms and looked angrily at mommy.
"Bella.. why are you looking at me with all this attitude?"
"I don't wanna go! I wanna play with my friend and get froyo! I don't want to go to her house!"
"Do not yell at me young lady!" Mommy stooped down to my level and looked me in the eye.
"YOU'RE THE ONE YELLING AT ME!!" I pushed her and she went back on the counter.
"Bella!" I looked at her angrily again and her face got really red.
"Go to your room, right now!" I stomped off and slammed my door.
"You're staying in there until further notice."
"I don't care even. I'll stay in here and never come out!" I heard mommy walk away and I punched my pillow. After that I walked around in a circle in my room. The time said 7:30. It's almost time for dinner. I sat on my bed and day dreamed for a while.
"Bella, come and eat." Noah said.
"No."
"Okay." He left and went back into the kitchen. I stayed in my room again for a very long time. Or was it? It probably wasn't that long even!
"Bella, you need to eat." She came in with a plate and sat down.
"Please?" I turned around and sat down in front of it.
"Mommy didn't like what happened today."
"I know."
"Can you look at me please?" I looked at her slowly.
"Don't ever do that to me again. That was very disrespectful of you. You wanna know what the punishment is for that behavior?"
"No."
"Well I'll tell you anyways. I was going to let you have froyo with your friends next week but now you're not."
"Okay."
"I'll let it be known now, the next time you do something like that the punishment will be even worse. You don't push people when things don't go your way. Are you a bully?"
"No."
"Did I raise you to act like a bully?"
"No Mommy. I'm sorry mommy."
"It's okay, come give mommy a hug."
"Come on, you know you can't stay mad at me forever! Come on you little stinker!" I crawled over and gave her a hug.
"Mommy feels so much better now. Thank you."