Bella's First Mother's Day

Monday, May 6th
Mother's Day was coming up soon and I didn't know what to get for mommy! Noah already got her something and I have nothing.
"Kids, Mother's Day is coming up soon I have a project you could do for your Mother's."
"Like what?" Luke said.
"You guys can make cards or a painting for the next 45 minutes." That isn't good enough for my mommy. I gave her so many paintings and cards already.
"But what if you already gave your mommy that?"
"That's a great question Bella! You could also make her a paper flower saying why you love her on each petal." No, she needs something better than that! She has a lot of projects from me. Then I thought of the most amazing gift ever! But I would need some help. I can't do this all by myself.
**
"Lucy, I didn't know what to get mommy for Mother's Day, but now I know! Can you help me?"
"Sure. What do you need me to do?"
"Can you take me to the W store so I can get mommy some of her favorite things?"
"Sure honey. How are you gonna pay for it though?"
"I have some money in my piggy bank Lucy! And Uncle Fin owes me, so he's gonna have to help."
"Wow you're using your money for your American girl dolls on your mom? That's so sweet. Poor Fin, you're probably gonna make his really pay."
"Oh yeah, he has to pay!"
"Let's go pick up Noah from practice and then go buy stuff for your mommy. Then after dinner I could help you make a little box to put it in. How does that sound?"
"That sounds super good! I'm going to go get my piggy bank!"
"Okay munchkin. And then put on socks and shoes." I went into my bedroom and grabbed a bill with a 50 on it. Just enough for my mommy! I put on my socks and shoes quickly so we could go to the W store.
"Lucy I'm all ready!"
"Okay let's go honey."
***
"So what we're gonna do is put it all in this box really nicely."
"In rainbow?"
"If that's what you want."
"What about the coupons for Chinese?"
"There might be some space, let's figure that out in the end."
"Mommy's gonna love this present. Well, I hope she does."
"She will. You picked her favorite chocolate and chips, and you got a cute little frame with a picture of her. You decorated it really nicely. And then that necklace you made her."
"I made another one for me." I showed it to her and put some stickers on the box.
"Do you wanna add glitter?"
"Yeah but not now. I'm starting to get sleepy." I yawned and sat on Lucy's lap.
"It's really early. It's only 6:30."
"But I want sleep sleep." She picked me up and tucked me into my bed.
"I'll see you in the morning sweet girl."
"Nigh nigh." She turned off the lights and I fell asleep.
Bella's Dream*
"Hey Bella,"
"Mommy!"
"Shut up your mommy isn't here." He hit me and ripped my knees apart.
"Please! Stop! You're hurting me." He kept hitting me as he hurt me. I didn't even speak anymore I just looked at the ceiling. 1 2 3 1 2 3. Before I knew it he was gone and there was some blood on the floor. I was in so much pain..
1:30 AM
"Mommy?!" I walked into my mothers bedroom where she was awake.
"Mommy!" My face was wet when mommy put down her book and picked me up.
"Did you have a bad dream?" She rubbed my back and gave me a kiss.
"Yes, a really bad dream! He hurt me!"
"Do you want to talk about it?"
"Only a little."
"Okay, so what happened?"
"He hit me, and then he did that stuff again. And then I was counting 1 2 3 and then when he left there was blood." I wiped my eyes.
"He's gonna hurt me again."
"He won't. I promise you baby."
"You do?"
"Yes, remember when we went to the big place and the cops took him away?" I nodded.
"He isn't coming out, ever. You trust mommy when she says that right?"
"Yes, but I'm still scared."
"It's okay to be scared. It's okay to have bad dreams. What happened to you is a really big deal. It isn't one of those things you can get over like dropping your favorite lollipop on the ground. You could always go get another one right?"
"Yeah."
"But what happened, is going to stay with you for a very long time. It isn't gonna go away."
*****
May 7th
I was glad that school was over! I really wanted to go to ballet today because we were doing a dance for Mother's Day. I didn't even know if mommy could come but I still tried my hardest. In dance today I was like a child of one of the bigger girls!
"You're doing really well."
"Thanks."
"We're done practicing, but I can help you perfect your technique."
"What does that mean?"
"It means to help you do your moves better."
"Oh okay!"
"A little bit higher! Yes! Do you do gym?"
"Yeah."
"I can tell." She handed me a bottle of water and watched me drink it.
"Is your mom coming soon Bella?"
"I don't think so."
"What do you mean?"
"She's a cop! She works a lot, so I don't see her a lot."
"Ohh, where's Lucy?"
"She said she went to get Noah, she's coming back."
"Oh alright. I have to leave."
"Aww."
"I'll see you Saturday." She gave me a hug and left. I'm all alone again!
******
Friday
"Mommy!"
"Hi munchkins!" She gave Noah and I a big hug.
"Are you coming to my Mother's Day thing for ballet?"
"Yes sweet pea." I smiled as we went across the street to Menchies.
"Kids were going to have some yogurt and then I'm gonna drop you guys home so I can go back to work."
"Yay! I finally get to see you in the day." Noah said while laughing.
"Mommy, you're the best!"
"Aww thank you. Now come on let's go grab a cup." Mommy gave me one because I was so short.
"Thank you! Mommy look there's oreo flavor! Look Noah!" She rolled her eyes while laughing and took me over there.
"You just love Oreos huh?"