Bella's Embarrasing Moment

December 5th
It was super cold outside. Winter was coming.
"Have a good day at school loves." Lucy said.
"We will!" We said. I ran up to my room and took off my jacket.
"Morning Bella."
"Morning!" I checked my mailbox and there was a lollipop there. Yum! I put it in my pocket and sat down at my table, Axel was there writing in his notebook.
"Hey!" He slammed his notebook closed and looked up.
"Hi."
"Why'd you close the notebook like that Ax?"
"You just scared me that's all."
"Sorry." I sat down and started to color.
"So....How was your night?"
"It was okay."
"Just okay?"
"Yeah." He kept drawing or whatever in his notebook and I got quite suspicious. He was acting mighty strange.
"Okay.. What did you have for dinner?"
"Food." He said while stuttering. Kylie came over do I didn't have to keep going with that awkward convo.
"Hey guys! Morning meeting starts soon."
"Yeah... that's right."
**********
Later That Evening
"How was your day guys? I'm rarely home on a Tuesday so I want to know everything." I didn't reply and kept eating the salad on the corner of my plate. Tonight's dinner was tacos and salad. I like that dinner but I didn't feel like eating a taco much at the moment.
"Well, fine." I kept eating silently and my family stared at me quietly. Maybe I shouldn't have answered after Noah answered the question. I should've mumbled it.
"Everything okay sweet pea?" I nodded and left the food on the table. I couldn't throw the tacos out, on the account that it'd be wasting food. Mommy would yell at me too.
"Bella, are you alright?" My brother asked. I nodded again and went upstairs. As I sat on my beanbag I wonder why did I care so much about other people. I never want anyone to be mad at me or ignore me because it makes me sad.
"Bell?" I looked at Mommy and she sat down on my purple beanbag.
"What's wrong?" Mommy and Noah always know when something's wrong with me. They always try to ask me what's up and I love them for that but, sometimes I don't feel like talking right away.
"Don't worry about it."
"You know I can't do that." She put her hand on my lap and kept looking at me. I closed my eyes and started to think.
"I'll come back later." When I knew she was gone, I opened my eyes and looked at the homework packet. I decided to do the next day's homework so I could relax. I felt a bit tired and changed into a night dress. I went under my covers and cried.
"He hates me,"
****************
The Basement (Olivia's Perspective)
Bella refuses to tell me anything and she told me not to worry about it. I can't help but wonder if it had something to do with Axel, this guy friend of hers that she's always talking about. I sipped my tea and turned on the television.
"Mom, can we talk?"
"Noah?" I turned around and Noah sat down next to me.
"What's up sweetie?"
"About Morgan...."
"Yes honey?"
"We're even better friends now, I think." I don't know if this is weird to say but I find it cute when Noah is awkward like this. He's really starting to grow and develop feelings and it's so interesting to see exactly how he handles it. I laughed quietly and put my arm around my son.
"That's great babe. Don't get too excited now."
"I won't, I don't wanna ruin anything."
"I see, my sweet boy." I gave him a kiss and we continued to chat. I honestly love the way our conversations have evolved. First, Noah was babbling and I was the leader. Then Noah started talking about Paw Patrol and wouldn't stop, then he'd talk about school and his friends, and now we're over here, talking about the girl that he absolutely loves. Time really flies, and it felt like this all happened too soon! My baby isn't even in middle school yet.
"Isn't that cool Mom?!"
"Yes, very!"
"I'm gonna go take a shower now."
"Alright honey." He waved and I pressed play. My movie continued and I continued sipping.
"Mhm. I know, I knew he'd come slivering back to you." My daughter appeared and rested her head on me quietly. I skipped forward as this scene wasn't the most appropriate for an 8 year old. She sniffled and grabbed my shirt slightly.
"Have you been crying?"
"Yes, ever since you left my room." She whispered. Her eyes were a deep red and it hurt. Bella hasn't cried that hard since Halloween and I want to know what's causing her to be this upset.
"That's a really long time. Almost two hours sweet cakes. Why don't you tell me what's going on? Maybe I could help."
"No!" She yelled. She got off of me and quickly migrated to the other side of the couch. Crying in a corner, hiding herself from me as much as she possibly could. Bella has been increasingly more fragile these days, sometimes the littlest of things could set her off big time. My assumption was that it was most likely something minor. But with Bella, you never truly know the gravity of the situation until she fully explains it to you. It's a challenge really, sometimes you have to do some serious poking around just to find that it was something that could've easily be fixed.
"Bella, stay calm. Stay very calm." She took a breath and I took some with her.
"I'm calm."
"Good job. Very good job." It's been a technique that I've been trying with Bella recently that I got from a parenting 101 book. It usually works very well because Bella likes mimicking me. Usually.
"I'm calm. But I'm not gonna talk."
"Why?"
"I'm not."
"Why? Is it because of a b-"
"We do not talk about them here."
"Okay, I see." I raised my eyebrows and sat closer to her.
"Something you wanna tell me?"
"No ma'am."
"Okay honey, I'm really trying here. I want to help you."
"I know. But I can help myself. I'm not a baby." She got up and went to her room I assumed. Sometimes, I truly wished that she wouldn't be so stubborn. We only want to help her, not hurt her.
************
Wednesday, December 6th (Bella's Perspective)
I hope Axel still isn't angry with me. I didn't know exactly what I did but I could tell that he was angry with me or something.
"Hi Axel.." He looked up at me then down at the floor.
"I'm sorry, for whatever I did,"
"What?"
"I'm sorry."
"You didn't do anything."
"Oh," So I cried for nothing this is really embarrassing. I ran away to the bathroom and slammed the door.
"Wait, Bella!" He said.
"This is so embarrassing!" I whispered.
"Bella Benson?" Ms.Rossi said. This will make things even worse!
"Yes?"
"Can you come out for a second? I just want to talk to you. I won't bite."
"Okay. I'm coming." I got out of the stall and looked my teacher in the eye.
"What happened honey?"
"Nothing Ms.Rossi. Everything's a-alright."
"Bella? What's wrong?"
"Im just embarrassed...that's all."
"How come?"
"Reasons?.." I said as I sat down. I slouched so my face could be somewhat hidden, it was so red that I looked like a tomato.
"What's up? You look like you just laughed about something."
"Nothing.." Since it was recess it wasn't as embarrassing to come back in the class. I really didn't want to be sent to the counselors office for exhibiting concerning behavior, so I had to chill.
***********
Friday, December 8th (Olivia's Perspective)
I had just gotten home with the kids and my phone rang.
"Ms.Rossi?! I need something positive today," I whispered silently before answering.
"Good Afternoon Ms. Benson."
"Same to you Ms.Rossi."
"I was calling to talk about Bella, on Wednesday she bolted out of the classroom to the bathroom. She wouldn't explain anything and her mannerisms completely changed, all she explained was that she was massively embarrassed."
"I see, I've been trying to talk to her. I'm so sorry about that."
"No worries, we just want to make sure she's alright as she's an incredible asset to our 4th grade class."
"Uh-huh. I'm going to talk to her now."
"Alright, have a good evening and a great weekend."
"Same to you as well Ms.Rossi! Stay safe!"
"I shall! Bye!"
"Bye." I whispered. I looked over at Bella, who happened to walk in on the last 2 minutes of our conversation. Her face red and welled with tears. You could see the discomfort of having heard your mother finding out that you ran away from someone in her body language. I didn't say anything to her, I let her cry for a minute and soothe herself. She wiped her tears quietly and practically ran into my stomach. I wrapped my arms around her as she talked about how embarrassed she was.
"We have a lot to talk about."