Bella Gets The Vibes

Dining Room
"What's the plan for Halloween guys?"
"Sleep over."My brother said.
"Mommy, I'm gonna be a cat."
"A cat? That's interesting."
"All of my friends are gonna be cats. Just different colors." I cut into my steak and put it into my mouth. I fixed my shirt because my straps were starting to show and that isn't a good look.
"Why are you wearing two undershirts?" Noah asked.
"What are you talking about?" I said.
"You have 4 straps."
"Don't worry about it, Noah." My Mom said, saving the day.
"Woof!" Ryan said.
"I'll feed him." My brother said. My mom fixed my straps and smiled.
"My cute young lady."
"Aww Mom."
"My hair is getting quite long," I had straightened it yesterday and it was in two super long braids for the meanwhile. My Mother nodded and I went to my room to write in my diary.
**********
Halloween (Olivia's Perspective)
After weeks of changing her mind Bella finally decided to be Wonder Woman. Why she didn't just stick to one thing? Ask her...
"Pose girls!" We said to Kayla, Kylie, Jana, Penelope, and Bella.
"Okay, let's go guys!" Bella held my hand as we went to go look for a house to go up to. I could tell that she was still fearful after what happened last year.
"Don't worry, okay?"
"Mhm."
East 69th (Bella's Perspective)
Bella, What candy did you get?"
"I got an orange KitKat."
"Woah! I took a Babe Ruth. You know Carter lives around here?"
"He does?" I said to Kayla.
"Yeah, I saw him go inside his house with his Dad."
"Oh wow." I didn't want to say much because my Mom was literally right there. So...." I let go of her hand so I could talk without my Mom listening.
"Do you still like Carter?"
"Mhm."
"Like him or like like him?"
"I like him." This is probably a rude thing to say but, I really don't want my friends to like any boys because I don't want them to fight. Like for example Kylie and Kayla could have some super epic fights.
5 Years Ago
"No, I want to play with him!" Kayla pushed Kylie and they started to fight."
"Don't fight! It's not nice to hit others, don't do that stuff!" I said.
"Woah, woah guys. Relax, relax girls."
"Fighting is bad guys!" I said.
"Bella, go sit over there, okay?"
"Okay." I watched as they had to tear them apart and talk to them. They just couldn't help but fight every once in a while.
Present Day
"Oh."
"Oh what?"
"Nothing." I went and got more candy.
"What's up with you all of a sudden?" She said in a snotty way.
"Nothing."
"I think you're jealous."
"I'm not. I don't even really care to be honest."
"What a nice friend you are."
"Look, I didn't mean it like that. I meant that-"
"I don't care. You're rude." I sighed and stopped speaking. I didn't say anything to her for the rest of the evening.
*******
November 2nd (Olivia's Perspective)
"Bella, let's go get dinner hun."
"I don't want to." My daughter was under my covers, sulking.
"What's going on?"
"I don't want to talk about it."
"I'll respect that. But, you're not starving yourself over whatever this is. Understand?"
"Sure."
"Go shower and get dressed." She got up and went to her room quietly. I sat and listened as I heard her shower turn on and her crying became louder. Oh my word. I was tired today, the Rob Miller case had wrecked me officially. I had cop cars outside of my house and my children's schools. I was hoping that whatever this was, it had nothing to do with him.
"I should've shot the son of a bitch." I said to Fin.
"Mom, there's this man staring at us."
My daughter came out of the her bedroom and back into mine with a sense sadness. She bit her lip and I looked at her outfit.
"Mommy, why are you staring at me like that?"
"Don't worry about it. Come let me fix your shirt." She walked in front of me and I fixed the sleeves.
"Go tell Noah we're ready now."
"Okay." I came downstairs to see my kids waiting patiently for me.
"How polite."
"It's only because you're our designated driver."
"New vocab. Loving it."
"Learned it from a book." Noah said. Bella stayed mute and I put my arm around her.
"Feel better." We walked to a nearby restaurant and waited to be seated.
"See anything you want?" I asked my daughter.
"No. I told you I'm not hungry."
"Don't be difficult. You're being quite disrespectful." She apologized and looked through the menu.
"Chicken parm." She said with a sigh. I'm used to my 9 year old having moods at this point. I've talked to psychiatrists on how to handle her moods and they aren't as extreme as they used to be. I don't invade her privacy as much, but I don't allow her to disrespect me or anyone else.
"Good choice." My daughter went on my phone and proceeded to play a game on my phone.
"What's that?"
"Scribblenauts." I started to talk to Noah as it was prevalent that she didn't want to talk to me.
"I tried out for the basketball team."
"So I heard, how was it?"
"It was intense, but I think I did good."
"Optimism leads to good results, know what the means?"
"Being positive."
"Exactly my boy. Bella, want some wings?"
"Only two drum sticks." I gave them to her and she ate them.
"Mom?"
"Yes sweetheart?"
"Can we talk at home?"
"Certainly."
**********
The Living Room
"Hey my love."
"Hey."
"What do you want to tell me?"
"Why I'm upset."
"Okay, I'm all ears."
"At Halloween Kayla and I got into, well..It wasn't a fight, but she got mad at me."
"Why?"
"She said she liked this boy, and she said I was jealous...But I'm not. And she's been rude to me these past couple of days. I told everyone else what happened and they said she's being dramatic. I don't think I want to be her friend if she's going to be mean to me."
"Hold up a second..Tell me exactly what happened."
"She was saying how she liked Carter in the other way and I said oh. And then she said I was rude and jealous. But I'm not."
"Maybe she took it the wrong way."
"She obviously did. I don't like boys right now. They're gross."
"Very soon you won't be saying that anymore."
"I know but, not right now. I'm not like those girls."
"What girls?"
"The ones who fight over boys."
"When you go to school you need to explain yourself to Kayla. Okay?"
"Okay. I'll try, if she doesn't still hate me for something stupid!" She dug her head into a pillow and I sighed quietly.
"Come here honey."
"It's okay my love, it's okay!"
***********
Writing Class (Bella's Perspective)
"Kayla, can I talk to you?"
"Why? So you can be jealous again?"
"No....To explain myself."
"Fine."
"I'm sorry about Halloween. I didn't mean for it to come off that way. I didn't say 'Oh' because I was jealous of you. I said that because I was actually happy for you."
"Oh..thanks I guess."
"Yeah, I'm sorry." I said again. I continued doing my work and then put my head down.
"Bella, head up." Mr.Gamory said. I looked at him quietly and didn't do it. I already wasn't in that good of a mood.
"Step outside." I went outside and folded my arms.
"What's going on?"
"I'm not really in the mood."
"Okay, go take a walk and come back."
"Okay." I went down the hall and I happened to see Ms.Hinds there.
"What are you doing outside of class?"
"Nothing, just walking."
"Babe? What's wrong?" I went into the stairwell and sat on the steps.
"Bella, we're not doing this. Get up and speak to me like the mature young lady you are." I got up and went back to where she was.
"You're wasting class time, come on." I looked at the floor and she lifted my head.
"Speak to me."
"I'm just tired of fighting." I said.
"What? With who?"
"Kayla."
"About what? Why didn't you tell me?"
"Because-"
"Because of what it was about." I finally said.
"What was it about?"
"I'm not saying their name, but it was a guy." She nodded and smiled.
"Ohhhh no! I do not like him, she just accused me of being jealous." I said with sass.
"Okay missy. So that obviously isn't true from the way you said it."
"Yeah..and I had to apologize! Which makes me so angry because she was the one being rude to me!"
"Did you guys ever really talk about it?"
"No, but Kylie was like maybe if you say sorry she'll quit it." She nodded in understanding and looked at her watch.
"Write me about it, I don't want you to be out of class any longer. Let's go." I walked back into class confidently and continued my work.
"I can do this!" I whispered.