Bella's School Life

December 3rd (Bella's Perspective)
"Time to wake up."
"I'm up already Mommy,"
"Go brush your teeth, did you put snacks in your lunchbox yesterday, or did I do it?"
"You did mommy." I said while going into the bathroom.
"Do you want a turkey sandwich? Or ham?"
"Turkey, with everything please."
"Alright, hurry up because Noah has to shower." I brushed my teeth and washed my face the way my Mommy showed me. I got rid of all the eye boogers and the little bit of dry drool. I then took a shower and struggled out the bathroom, trying to keep my towel wrapped around me and carrying my dirty clothes to my hamper in my room. When I got to my room my mom was in there choosing some clothes for me.
"I'll take it."
"Thanks."
"How do you feel about this outfit?"
"I like it." I said while my mom was drying me off.
"Okay, get dressed and come eat something. I'll give you some privacy." She left the room and closed the door. I slid my clothes on quickly and went to the kitchen to grab a bite of food.
"Slow down honey." My mom said while coming over to put my hair up in one.
"Noah, put your shoes on."
*********
Math
Math is okay. I do good in math, it's just that math is kind of boring. I mean, I already know what 3 times 2 is, heck I know almost all of my time tables.
"Bella?"
"Yes?"
"What's the answer?"
"24." I kept drawing on my paper and she nodded in a weird way as if she didn't expect me to know the answer. I already filled out the whole paper and I was super bored.
"Bella, What is 8 times 6?"
"It's, hmmmm.. 48!"
"Good job." She came and looked at my paper and smiled.
"How do you know all of this?"
"My mommy practices with me when she says I've been on the screen too long."
"I see, I'm going to give you some work that might be a little bit tricky. Feel free to ask me for help."
"Okay!" It was division. Mommy showed me how to do this with Noah once.
*******
Lunch
I was sitting with Kylie, Kayla, Jana, Jayden, Brandon, and Isaiah.
"What snack do you have Bella?"
"Fruit snacks." I showed them the flavor and kept eating the sandwich. I had other snacks, but they were veggies. Mommy says that I have to eat my veggies snacks and not trade them.
"I have a donut."
"I have cookies."
"Me too."
"I have a fruit roll up?"
"I have some cake."
"Gushers."
"Let's trade!" Everyone switched their snacks with someone else. I ended up with chocolate chip cookies, super yummy.
"This is way better!"
"Bella, you know what?"
"What?"
"Me, Kylie, and Kayla are going to have a sleepover, you should ask your Mom to let you come."
"Really? That's cool."
"We're going to have dinner and stuff like that! And even go out for dessert! My mom told me to invite you."
"Tell your mom I said thanks."
"Okay, she really likes you guys."
"Can we paint our nails?!"
"Yeah, my mom has so much nail polish."
"Can we stop talking about girls stuff?" Isaiah said.
"I don't really mind if they talk about nail polish. It looks really pretty."
"It doesn't. That's girl stuff."
"It's okay if he thinks it's pretty." Jana said.
"Yeah, my mom said it's okay to like things. He can like anything." Why was Isaiah being mean?
"Never mind." Jayden said.
********
Home
I had Annie practice, and gymnastics today. I feel like not doing Annie anymore, but I don't want to disappoint my mom or anyone else.
"I'm going to go shower, I feel icky. And then can I talk to you Lucy?"
"Of course."
"I have homework to finish up some homework."
"After your shower. Bella go shower quickly."
"Yes Lucy!" I went straight into the shower because of how icky I felt. While I was in the shower I thought about how lunch was today. I didn't even do anything but, I felt like asking Lucy if what Jayden said was okay. I got out and put on my comfy clothes and Lucy was in the living room.
"Hey Bella."
"Hi." She gave me a cuddle and turned off the tv.
"What did you want to tell me?"
"At lunch today we were talking about nail polish."
"Mhm."
"And Jayden said he liked nail polish, but Isaiah said it's a girl thing. Is it okay for boys to like nail polish?"
"What exactly did he say?"
"He said nail polish is pretty."
"There's nothing wrong with liking nail polish whether you're a girl or a boy."
"But Isaiah said he shouldn't."
"What he said wasn't very nice. Don't you think?"
"It wasn't. I said he can like whatever he wants."
"You're being a good friend."
*********
Bedtime with Mommy
"How are you sweet pea?" She planted a loving kiss on my head and sat down in my bed.
"Okay."
"Just okay?!"
"Yeah."
"Lucy told me what you told her. Is that why you're not happy?"
"Yeah."
"You did the right thing baby. Look, it's okay for him to like nail polish."
"That's not it."
"What is it?"
"Why is it weird for him to like nail polish? Can't anyone do nail polish?"
"Anyone can if they want to. Some people think it's weird for boys to like nail polish because it is seen as a girls thing, same with the color pink. Some people think pink is a girls color but boys can like it to."
"So people can like anything Mommy?"
"Of course they can."
"That makes me feel a bit better."
"I'm glad it does. Now should I tell you a story or are you too old for one?"
"I'm not too old for one. Can you tell me another Olivia and Elliot story? Please?"
"Why not? As you know Olivia and Elliot were detectives, today they were looking for something that Elliot really cared about."
"What?"
"His son."
"Oh you're telling a story of them as adults?"
"Yep."
"Yay!"
"What happened to Elliot's son Mommy?!" Her phone started to ring and she put up a finger telling me to give her a minute.
"Benson." It was quiet for a while and I watched mommy as this person was talking.
"What?! Oh.. Alright I'll talk to her about it in the morning. I'm in the middle of putting her to bed. We'll talk tomorrow I suppose? K. Love you." Love you?! Who was Mommy talking to?!