Bella's Summer

Splish-Splash, Long Island, NY (Bella's Perspective)
"Bella, look at that ride." I looked at it and it was called the Alien Invasion. I've been wanting to go on it for 2 years but I wasn't tall enough or I was too scared. But now, I was ready. I didn't want my friends to call me a cry baby, or a loser.
"Let's go on it Jana!"
"Momma, Bella and I want to go on the green and black ride. Can we go? Please!"
"Yeah and can you come Mom? Please!!" My Mom looked at the ride and then looked at Jana's Mom.
"Hmm, it shouldn't be too bad. The line isn't too long right now. Let's go."
"Yes!" I held my mother's hand and I was a little bit scared. I didn't know how scary it would be.
"Alright all legs in the middle here, hold on tight." I held on tightly and he pushed us into the slide. It was really cool and stuff at first and then-
"AHHHH!" The drop was literally humongous. We were swung from side to side and I literally just kept laughing. I don't even know why!
********
August 24th, Home (Olivia's Perspective)
"Noah your uniform is here." He came over quickly and looked.
"I really don't want to wear uniform." He whined. Bella looked at it and played with Chase, as this didn't intrigue her to say the least.
"It isn't that bad Noah, it looks just fine. Try it on for me." I handed it to him and he went downstairs to his room sluggishly.
"Without an attitude." I said for him to hear.
"Mom, What school is he going to again?"
"The Cathedral."
"Is that a good school?"
"Mhm, He got in because of his smarts."
"Smarts?" She laughed and looked confused.
"He's really good in math now Bella."
"I didn't know that."
"I want you do well this year. I really do."
"But the grades for last year were the important ones you said."
"That's true, but they also look at this years work sometimes."
"I kind of don't feel like going to school."
"How come?" Noah reappeared in his uniform and looked at my blankly.
"You look...good." Bella said. She was being supportive but you could tell how she really felt about his clothing.
"You look so handsome! Besides, I don't know why you're so upset. You only have to wear this twice a week."
"And that's a problem."
"Oh Noah, what shall I do with you?" Bella giggled and I put my arm around her.
"And what shall I do with you?"
"Put those clothes in your closet please and thanks." Bella removed my arm from around her and told me that she wanted to walk Chase. I've been giving her more freedom lately for exhibiting good behavior and it's been working.
"Take him for 15 minutes to the grocery store and back." I gave her some money to go buy herself a snack and she smiled.
"Be careful Bella."
"I know, I know."
"Remember if something happens to press that button on your watch, hear me?"
"I will!" I watched her cross the street and smiled happily. It feels great to know that you can trust your 9 and 1/2 year old to walk the dog and come back home safely. It makes you really proud as a parent.
**********
Mommy's Bathroom (Bella's Perspective)
We were kind of just in there talking a little about a whole bunch of things. She just got home from work and was actually in a good mood. I just know better than to ever ask about what happened at work. I don't want her to get angry.
"Ready for school next week?"
"I don't really know. I still feel a bit sad. Like what I was telling you before."
"Yeah, you told me. Wanna talk about it?"
"Sure. I just feel really weird. Some thing's going on in my head but I'm not understanding it."
"You're just randomly feeling sad?"
"Pretty much. I think I know what it is now,"
"What do you think it is?"
"Last year was just so good. I think I'm going to miss it."
"And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that honey. But, you need to learn how to not let it affect you to the point where you're mopey all day. You don't want to be so mopey, right?"
"Yeah. Shopping."
"Shopping?"
"Shopping."
"That was really random."
"I mean, shopping makes me feel better."
"I think shopping makes everyone feel better. Speaking of that, we need to take you shopping for some new clothes."
"That sounds nice!"
"Look at you smiling already." I gave my Mommy a snuggle and she laughed happily.
"I love you so much sweet pea. So much." She laughed again and we started talking about some personal things. Like, really personal things that I won't even get into.
"5 more days of no official bedtime. You better enjoy it."
"I am Mommy," I changed my position and looked at the mirror.
"Hm!"
"What is it?"
"Look, I look a bit pretty when I stand like this." She raised her eyebrows playfully and nodded her head.
"Okay Bella. I see you."
"What are you even talking about?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Hey, you're not answering my question! You're only asking me more!" I put on some music and picked up a brush.
"Dance party?" I nodded quickly and we started singing some really, really good songs.
***********
Home (Jayden's Perspective)
Dad was gone. He told me that he always loved me no matter what. I really didn't want him to go away.
"Jayden, I know you're upset-"
"Just go away! It's all your fault he's leaving!" My sister, Hailey started to cry and my Mom left to go and be with her. Why did my parents do this?! I felt so sad and angry.
"Boys don't cry. Boys are strong. The last thing I want is you crying. Ya hear me Jaden? Be strong for your sisters." I started to cry anyways. I just couldn't keep it in. I got even more angry. I took the photo of my dad and I and I just threw it onto the floor. I hate them for doing this! I smashed the photo and kicked it under my bed. I looked at the card that Bella gave me and I went to go get one of the house phones.
"Ms. Benson?"
"Jayden! I really can't stay on the phone right now, but I'll call back tomorrow. Sound good?"
"Yeah, Thanks." I hung up and just stared out the window. It isn't the same with Dad gone.
"Jayden." My sister Maribel said quietly.
"Yeah?"
"When is Daddy going to come home?"
"I don't know." I gave her a hug as she cried and I tried to make her feel better.
"Wanna watch a movie?"
"No."
"Get a snack? There's snickers, your favorite."
"No!" She kept crying and it made me feel even worse. I can't even be a good big brother. I'm so useless.
"Guys...Oh no." Mom sat down on the bed and put her arms around us.
"I'm so sorry guys. I'm so sorry."
"Why did Daddy have to leave?"
"Sometimes, adults have to make big decisions. We both thought that it was best for him to leave."
"You guys are selfish!" Maribel yelled. She stormed off to her room and it left me and Mom there. Sitting silently.
"I'll talk to her. She'll be okay."
"I don't think any of us are going to be okay."