Bella Asks About Elliot

"Tell me about him!" She said eagerly.
"He was my partner, and one day he left."
"Did he tell you why?"
"No."
"Do you still miss him?"
"Yes, very much."
"Then why don't you look for him? Can't you look for people with your computer?" I didn't respond and sat there in silence.
"Mommy, what's wrong?"
"Bella, go to bed."
"But Mommy,"
"Bella, go to bed!" A tear fell down her face and she dashed out of the basement.
"You didn't have to yell at me! You're mean!" Elliot is still a sensitive subject for me and I just don't really want to talk about it much. I didn't mean to snap at Bella like that at all. I was going to have to apologize tomorrow. In the meanwhile, I sat here, in my basement, opening another bottle of wine and pouring myself, once again, a glass of wine.
********
First Day Of Summer (Bella's Perspective)
"Morning Bella." I crossed my arms and looked at her angrily.
"Sweet pea, I wanna talk to you about last night."
"I don't want to talk about last night, you were so mean to me. You didn't even have to yell at me."
"Bell?" She looked at me and smiled.
"You're not ignoring me, are you?"
"Because if you are, I'm going to have to tickle you." I'm super ticklish but I still ignored her. She tickled me and I started laughing.
"Stop tickling me, I'm too old for that."
"But apparently not too old to sit on my lap."
"That was only yesterday!"
"Alright missy. But as I was saying, I want to apologize for the way I acted last night. I wasn't angry at you."
"So why did you yell at me?"
"Because, I don't really talk about him much, and I got a little emotional. I'm sorry I spazzed on you like that." She gave me a kiss and I smiled.
"So you were the one being moody and not me."
"Yes," she rolled her eyes and washed my plate.
"I was being moody."
"That means you have to go and calm down."
"And that means you have to brush your teeth and do your chores."
"That's not on topic, and I already brushed my teeth and did mouthwash." I blew in her direction and folded my arms again.
"Start your chores then."
"Okay, but after breakfast."
*************
Bella's Room (Olivia's Perspective)
"What are we doing for Fourth of July?"
"Same as always."
"Parties get boring after a while, why can't we be like Jaden and go to the beach or something."
"Just because someone is doing something doesn't mean we have to do it as well. If Jaden were to jump off a bridge would you do it too?"
"Yeah, only if they had a rope. That sounds fun!" She laughed as I rolled my eyes.
"That isn't the point. The point is, that you don't have to follow your friends. It's okay to be different you know."
"You say that as if my type of different is good." She pouted and looked to the floor. Chase licked her face to make her giggle but it didn't work.
"Chase is sad now." She pointed out.
"I'm going to the basement."
"Bella," She went downstairs and Chase followed her quietly and I sighed. Hopefully sleep-away camp will give her something to be happy about. What she didn't know was that Kylie was going as well, so she wouldn't be all alone there.
"Mommy!"
"Yes?! What's wrong?" Bella looked up at me and I saw what it was. Bella had blood gushing from her arm and I rushed down the stairs to get a better look.
"How did that happen? You were only out of my site for a few minutes." I grabbed a band aid and washed Bella's arm off.
"Where did you fall?"
"Outside."
"Out back?"
"No,"
"Where then?"
"Out front."
"Bella,"
"I only wanted to use my chalk, and I tripped and scratched myself."
"You have to ask for permission before you go out front honey, someone could've taken you and I wouldn't have even noticed. Ask me to go out front next time. Understand?"
"Yes." I put the band aid on and she looked happier.
"I'm gonna go back and play with the chalk."
"Alright baby."
"Mom, can we watch a movie together?"
"What movie Noah?"
"The LEGO movie."
"Alright, pull it up and we'll watch it." I pulled up the blinds so I could watch Bella as she played.
"Woof!" I heard as Bella kept jumping around.
"Spin! Spin like me!"
"Mom, I feel like Chase loves Bella more than us."
"You can say that again." We both laughed as the movie started and shared a short hug.
*********
Fourth Of July Prep (Bella's Perspective)
Lucy, Mommy, and some Of Mommy's friends were in the kitchen cooking.
"Jesse and Bella, how about you guys help? You girls are big enough." Aunty Amanda said. She only said that because she wanted to watch Billie.
"Abababa, Mama!" Billie said.
"Bella, come and make yourself useful."
"Fine."
"Without the attitude."
"Bella having an attitude?!"
"Why are you saying it like that?" I said while taking the grapes off of their stem.
"You know why," my Aunt said while picking up Billie.
"B-b-b la!"
"Yes, Bella." I placed the grapes on one of those  big plates and tried to leave to go watch a movie.
"Don't go yet, I have more for you to do." I groaned in my head and looked at my Mother.
"I'm going to need you to lose the attitude."
"I didn't even say anything,"
"Your face said a lot."
"What's wrong honey?" Lucy asked. I went upstairs to my other bedroom and sat on the floor. It's not fair that Noah gets to play outside and I have to stay inside and help.
"Bella, your Mommy said you have to come downstairs right now or you're gonna get your butt tapped."
"She didn't say that!" We both giggled and then Jesse turned serious.
"But for real, she said come downstairs."
"Tell her I said no, I'm staying in my room for the rest of the day. I feel like napping."
"Okay!" I laughed as Jesse went down the stairs. But then I heard some heavier steps coming up. That sounds like Aunty Manda..