Bella Auditions

"Mommy what are you doing?"
"I'm looking for a townhouse darling." I gave her a kiss and kept scrolling.
"What's that?"
"It's like Kylie's house."
"Ohh, are we going to move?"
"I've been thinking about it. How do you feel about it?"
"Its okay with me Mommy." This apartment has been starting to feel smaller and smaller by the day. Bella wants to practice her dance moves and Noah wants to play his video games. So they fight a lot.
"Look at this townhouse! 4 bedrooms 4 and a half bathrooms. There's even a backyard!"
"Really, let me see!" I showed the pictures and her face lit up.
"Can we move there? Please Mommy?" I thought about it for a moment. We do need more space, and it's closer to the kids school and after school activities. The price looked pretty good also.
"There's an open house next week. Should we go?"
"Yeah! We should Mommy!"
"Alright it's settled. Lemme just give them my info." Bella smiled wide and it made me feel so warm inside. After that Bella and I had a small convo.
"Mommy, we made some really good cookies. Did you like them?"
"Yes, they were yummy. Did you finish all of your homework missy?"
"Yes."
"I trust you."
"Mommy, has anyone ever hurt you?"
"What are you talking about honey?"
"Has anyone hurt you before? Like one of the bad touches." A couple of days ago Bella and I had another talk about good and bad touches, it wasn't the first time we've had that conversation, it was more like a reminder considering what's she's been through she needs to know what to do in those situations.
"What makes you ask that?"
"I just wanted to know."
"I heard you had a flashback the other day."
"I did." She came next to me and buried her head in my chest.
"Bella, you've been doing a great job talking to me about these really hard things. I know that you're strong enough to tell me what happened in your flashback."
"It was really inappropriate."
"You can still tell me."
"I was bleeding."
"From where?" Bella removed her head from my chest and pointed downwards.
"There." She said shyly. Her face was extremely red, showing how embarrassed she was.
"Ohh, Okay. That must've been really scary."
"It was."
"Did anything happen before that?" Bella put her head on my chest and started breathing in rapidly, like she was hiccuping and she wasn't letting any air out.
"Breathe out. Breathe out baby. It's okay to cry, it's okay."
"He did a very bad touch! And it hurt me Mommy."
"I know baby, I know."
******
Family Games (Bella's Perspective)
We were doing family games where Mommy orders some yummy foods and we play games past our bedtimes. It's super fun because I get to stay up later and eat some junk food.
"I vote for super Mario kart." I went alongside with Noah on this one.
"We'll play the super Mario galaxy game thingy after mommy!" She rolled her eyes in a joking way and we started getting ready to play.
"I'm Luigi because he's cute!" I said.
"Hey, you're not allowed to like boys until you're a million years old missy."
"But mommy! Luigi is make believe so it doesn't count even." Noah was laughing along as he chose to be Mario.
"I'm going to be Mario because they're brothers." We did a fist bump and got ready to race.
"When you see mommy drop a banana Noah!"
"I will. You drop one of those shell things."
"Are you guys planning to make me lose? You guys are in for a surprise." Mommy started bumping into us and I threw a banana so she could lose control. She dodged it!
"You're not gonna win mommy! Bella and I won't let you!" Mommy won and she started to dance a little. It was totally not approved, and I don't want to see mommy do that dance ever again, but I was starting to feel a bit tired at that point because it was past my bedtime.
"Okay now we play mommy's games." Noah said.
"I've been waiting forever! Noah put it in for me sweet boy."
"I'm a bit tired."
"Do you wanna go to sleep?"
"No, I want to play a little." We played for a while and I got to beat mommy once! It made me really happy because we beat mommy at her own game!
"I'm ready for bed. I have to wake up early so I can make lunches."
"Alright sweetheart, good night." Mommy gave me a hug and a kiss.
"Good night." I gave Noah a hug but I didn't kiss him. Because he wouldn't let me! I went into my room and went straight to sleep!
*******
My Classroom
Lucy dropped me off to school because mommy was only home that one night. That probably means I won't be seeing her again for a while, but that's okay. Today, I'm going to audition for Annie! I want to be Annie because she's the best character ever! I was so excited that I was smiling all throughout my grammar lesson, because I knew that after grammar I would have to go to the auditorium to try out. 9:10, 9:11, 9:12... Oh can it be 9:15 already?! Before I knew it, I was in the auditorium trying out. It wasn't very scary actually, it was kind of fun!
"It's a hard knock life!" I smiled and we all bowed. I got off the stage and sat down in the chair while the other people did their parts.
"Alright everyone, thank you for trying out. We'll have the results later today after lunch." That's cool! Yay I can't wait until after lunch!
******
"And lastly, Bella and Alaina. You guys both did an amazing job! You performed amazingly without a doubt." I smiled and we both said thank you.
"This was a really hard pick you guys are both good on stage but we came to an answer." Please be me!
"Alaina will be Annie and Bella will be Tessie." I felt really sad inside but at-least I was someone right?
"The reason why Alaina will be Annie is because she looks more like an Annie and Bella looks more like a Tessie." And that stung me. That hurt me. I'm not Annie because I don't look like one? I'm too tan?! I looked over at Alaina who was lighter than me and had green eyes and red hair. I have brown skin and brown hair.
"I'm happy for you." I said holding back a tear. Mommy told me that even if I don't win it's nice to say congrats or I'm happy to the person that did win. She said it isn't good to be mean about it.
"Thanks. You'll be a great Tessie."
"Thanks, I will I guess." I walked off to the playground with my eyes welling with tears. Am I too ugly to be an Annie?